Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Sims 4] Prison Escape Challenge

EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
Foreword:
Sul-Sul!

Welcome Simmers to my Prison Escape Challenge! The past few weeks I have built and furnished a fully functional Sims 4 Prison. All images you are about to see are screenshots of actual gameplay. I use no CC, no mods, no cheat codes, and no move objects. Everything is strictly vanilla and I only use packs released by Maxis. I have playtested this Lot and made sure the Sims can access every room, tunnel and secret areas.

To download the Prison, go here
To download the Characters, go here
You can also search the User Gallery for "PrisonEscape," "#PrisonEscapeChallenge," or search my EA User ID: Evangellne

Please note, you are more than welcome to create your own prison or characters to play this challenge. If you choose not to use my builds, please make sure you are using 8 new characters with no skills. At least two of these characters must have conflicting traits (e.g. one Good Sim vs 1 Evil sim). For the Prison itself, please make sure you have at least four levels, with better quality furniture and items on each floor. You may want to use my Floor Legends (listed below) as a reference on what rooms to build.

I really hope people will participate in this challenge, but most of all I hope you will enjoy the story, and have fun with these characters/the build. <3
Backstory:
Narrator: Have you... Have you ever seen Willow Creek in the winter? The snow is beautiful you say? It is just a pristine mask that is false, and hides what is beneath. The trees are bare and lifeless, the snow melts into mud and slush. The entire world is gray, brown and destitute... But the chill of winter, is nothing compared to the fog that descends around the prison come spring. If you breathe in the fog... there's a sickness, a wrongness. The locals say this place wasn't always a Maximum Security Prison... In fact, it used to be a science testing facility. What did they test you ask? Sims of course. The old building was knocked down, and this pristine penitentiary was built right above it... If you ask me, this prison is just a mask. Like winter, it just uses a pretty exterior to hide what's beneath. Sometimes when you drive nearby, I swear, you hear these desperate screams, not from inside the prison, but from below it.

Prison-Challenge-Overview1.png
Prison-Challenge-Front.png
BEFORE WE BEGIN!
Once you have the lot installed and have moved in the Sims, please take a moment to pause the game.
Lock-The-Doors-Ground.png
Lock-The-Doors-2nd3rd.png
Basically you just need to lock the doors circled in the above images. If for any reason you cannot see the above images, here is a list of the doors you need to lock:
Lock the following doors for everyone: Basement Entrance, the second floor Bedroom and the third floor Command Center.
Lock the following doors for all Inmates:You can either lock the gate that leads to the raised-foundation rooms, or you will need to individually lock the Warden's Room, the Observation Deck, the Guards' Breakroom, the Guards' bedroom, and the Surveillance room.
For the duration of the Challenge: Go to your game options. Make sure you set your sim autonomy to FULL. This way, the sims you are not in control of will still be able to take care of themselves. Turn off automatic aging (otherwise your Sims may die before you complete the challenge). Turn on whims. You *are* allowed to use the reward shop for this challenge.

The story will be revealed with "SPOILER" tags. If you are taking part in the challenge, and don't want to ruin the story for yourself, DO NOT hover over the spoiler tags until you have accomplished the levels/objectives that lead up to the spoiler. If you are not taking part in the challenge and are just interested in the story, you can read the spoiler tags. If you comment on the story, please be considerate and put spoiler tags up so you do not ruin the fun for others.

Beginning the Challenge
Please use the following Legends, so you know which rooms I am referencing to:
Ground Floor Legend/Map
Prison-Challenge-Ground-Legend.png
Third Floor Legend/Map
Prison-Challenge-3rd-Floor-Legend.png

The Cast
There are 8 total houseguests: 5 INMATES (Joker, Harley, Ivy, Bane and Snake), 2 GUARDS (Steele and Selina), and 1 WARDEN (Wayne). You are allowed to fully control 3 INMATES. You are not allowed to control the other 5 sims in the household, except to give basic need commands (for instance: Eat, Sleep, Shower, etc). Otherwise, the other 5 characters are on their own.
If you need help deciding which 3 inmates to choose, additional information on the characters can be found in Post #2.

The Challenge Overview (AKA, "What do we need to do?")
There are five levels/floors to this challenge:
Level 1: The Ground Floor
Level 2: The rooms on elevated foundation on the first floor
Level 3: The Second Floor
Level 4: The Basement
Level 5: The Third Floor.
Your sims win the challenge when they complete all 5 levels and have uncovered the mystery behind the prison. All sims start on the Ground Floor, and can only reach the next level/floor when they complete Challenge Objectives for the level they are on.

The Challenge Objectives
Level 1: The Ground Floor
Inmates should only be wandering the following rooms: Inmate Cells/Showers, Cafeteria (includes the library and woodworking areas), Courtyard.
Guards are allowed on the entire first floor.

To reach Level 2 of the challenge, your 3 sims must complete the following requirements:
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Handiness level 5
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Fitness level 5
2 User-Controlled Sims can get jobs in the following careers: Astronaut (interstellar smuggler branch), Criminal (Boss), Scientist (Mad Scientist), Agent (Villain Branch). You may also join a career if you feel like it could align with the story/plot. For instance detective (if you have get to work), or military (if you have Strangerville). If you wish yo go to work with your Sims, you may do so, but it is not necessary. The 2 sims who go to work must reach level 3 in their careers.

Level 2: The rooms on elevated foundation
Make sure you have completed all requirements from Level 1.
Unlock the gate to the high foundation rooms. Unlock the door to the Observation Deck, the Guards' Room, the Guards Breakroom, the Warden's room and the Surveillance room.

Your inmates now have access to all rooms on the first floor, except the basement entrance. When accessing the Guards' rooms, The Warden's room, or the surveillance room, the inmates cannot occupy the room at the same time as a guard or warden. So for example, if you are using a computer in the surveillance room, a guard cannot be in the room and see you do this. Hint: You *are* allowed to use other characters to distract the warden/guards, to intentionally keep them out of a room. You can also enter a room when the guards/warden are preoccupied with another activity (e.g. showering, exercising, etc).

To reach Level 3 of the challenge, your 3 sims must complete the following requirements:
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Mischief level 5
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Programming level 5
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Logic level 5
All 3 User-Controlled Sim must reach Fitness level 10

Level 3: The Second Floor
Make sure you have completed all requirements from Level 1 and 2.
Go to the 2nd floor and unlock the door to the bedroom. Select the door, and allow access to only your three inmates. This is their new hideout. Your sims no longer need to sleep in the jail cells. Have them claim the three beds. These are quality 10 beds, which means your sims should fill their energy requirements faster and sleep less. You are also provided with a high quality bathtub, to help remove the Tense moodlet. You are also given a better quality laptop than those available on the first floor.

To reach Level 4 of the challenge, your 3 sims must complete the following requirements:
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Handiness level 10
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Logic level 10
1 User-Controlled Sim must reach Rocket Science level 5

Level 4: The Basement
Make sure you have completed all requirements from Level 1, 2, and 3
Please do not hover over or click the following spoiler until you have reached this point in the challenge.
Story Advancement:
Narrator: In summer, the heat is oppressive. There's a cloying sweet scent of death that seeps from the ground. The smell permeates your clothes, your skin, and clings to the muggy air... I awoke last night, and found myself thirsty. I went to the tap and held my mug there, but nothing came out. Just a dry rattle. But then, from deep underground, a rumble. A deep mechanical groan that seems to shake the very foundation of the prison. The faucet started to flow, but only a thick rust-colored sludge flowed out. I must be dreaming, I thought. But then the stench came... Lord, the smell. This is real.
Here is a legend/Map to the basement:
Prison-Challenge-Basement-Legend.png
Your inmates now have access to: The Sewer Maze, The Underground Oasis, The Science Laboratory, and the Underground Bunker. Please lock the "Entry to the Third Floor" door until your sims fulfill the requirements for Level 5.

You may use the underground oasis to grow plants you would like to sell to help pay bills. Or you can research the plants, or get microscope slides from them.
The Science Laboratory will only show up if you have the "Get To Work," pack. If you did not choose a scientist career, you may not be able to use all the features here. If you *did* choose the scientist career, you *are* allowed to use the cloning device, the ray gun and any other item you receive from your career.
The Underground Bunker provides a few of the highest quality computers for your sims. Use these to help with the requirements to reach the roof. You may also choose to sleep in the beds in the bunker instead of the 2nd floor bedroom.
To reach Level 5 of the challenge, your 3 sims must complete the following requirements:
2 User-Controlled Sims must reach level 10 in their career
2 User-Controlled Sims must complete 2 aspirations each, 4 total. If you choose an aspiration that involves more than one controlled sim (for example, getting married) the aspiration will only count once. If you are having difficulty, you can also complete 20 whims on each of your 3 sims, for 60 total.

Level 5: The Third Floor
Make sure you have completed all requirements from Level 1, 2, 3, and 4
Your inmates now have access to the third floor. Unlock the basement door to the third floor.
Your sims now have access to: The Command Center, the Rocket Launch Pad, and The Telescope.
To escape the prison, your Sims must fulfill the following requirements:
Build and Fully Upgrade a rocket ship.

Launch your inmates into space! Congratulations! Your inmates have escaped, you've won the challenge... right?

Spoiler (hightlight to unveil):
Did you solve the mystery of the prison? What's causing the smell and what's causing the fog? What's causing the rusty-sludge that flows through the prison pipes? Who's behind all this?

I don't think this is over.

Read post #3 for the Prison Escape Challenge, Part 2.

Post edited by EVANGELlNE on

Comments

• EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Characters 5 INMATES
    Character-Chart.png
    Character-Chart1.png
    Joker
    Aspiration: Public Enemy (wants to become a criminal).
    Special trait: Dastardly (good at mean interations).
    Traits:genius (increased focus), goofball (playful), hot-tempered (angry and likely to rile others)
    Harley Quinn
    Aspiration: Renaissance Sim.
    Special trait: gain all skills a bit faster.
    Traits: cheerful (increased happiness), ambitious (gain powerful +/- moodlets from career promotions), perfectionist (items take longer to craft, but gain +/1 moodlets depending on item crafted).
    Poison Ivy
    Aspiration: Freelance botanist (wants to grow plants and become a gardener).
    Special trait: Find collectibles more often.
    Traits: Creative (inspired), Loves outdoors (happy when outdoors), perfectionist (items take longer to craft, but gain +/- moodlets depending on item crafted).
    Bane Venom
    Aspiration: Bodybuilder.
    Special Trait: High Metabolism
    Trait: Genius (increased focus), active (energized), perfectionist (items take longer to craft, but gain +/- moodlets depending on item crafted).
    Snake Venom
    Aspiration: Friend of the world
    Special Trait: gregarious (make friends faster)
    Trait: Cheerful (increased happiness), Creative (inspired), Active (energized)

The Characters, 3 GUARDS
    Character-Chart2.png
    The Warden
    Aspiration: Chief of Mischief (pranks and mayhem)
    Special Trait: Dastardly, good at mean interactions
    Traits: Mean (Happy when being mean or mischievious, confident after winning a fight), Evil (happy when other sims are sad. Becomes angry interacting with Good sims), neat (happy and fun when cleaning, uncomfortable in dirty surroundings).
    Steele, Guard
    Aspiration: Friend of the world
    Special Trait: gregarious (make friends faster)
    Trait: Bro (confidence), Good (happy around positive sims, sad around evil sims), Active (energized)
    Selina, Guard
    Aspiration: Become rich and have a successful career
    Special Trait: Fabulously wealthy (earn more from career)
    Traits: ambitious (gain powerful +/- moodlets from career promotions), active (energized), materialistic.
    Additional Character Ideas
    If you have the Vampires or Realm of magic packs, this challenge may also be fun with:
    5 Vampire Inmates, 3 Human Guards
    5 Spellcaster Inmates, 3 Human Guards
    5 Human Inmates, 3 Ghost Guards.

If you would like to create Sim households for this challenge, tag #PrisonEscape and #prisonescapechallenge and let me know here so I can also link your CAS households here. :D
    edited August 2020
    This post will contain Part 2 of the challenge and the continuation of the story at a later date.

For the time being, please feel free to speculate what is happening beneath the prison.
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    Whoa, I can only imagine the work that went into this. Great job! I might just have to try this one.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Evangeline Can I just say that your prison lot is beautiful and I'm in love with it <3

Unfortunately I'm more of a reader when it comes to challenges, so I'm more interested in reading about you or anyone doing a Prison Challenge. I hope someone comes along and update their progress! :)
    edited August 2020
    @GogoM I hope you try it! :D The build itself took me about a week to build on-and-off. I started with an empty 50 x 50 lot and built the watch towers and the outer walls first, then worked my way in. I knew the main rooms I wanted and their approximate locations. I knew I wanted a centralized cafeteria, a workout area, and the cells, but they couldn't exactly be right at the front of the prison. I filled in the front of the prison with auxiliary rooms that made sense (like the reception area, the visitation rooms and the interrogation rooms).

The challenge was brewing in my head while I was building though, so I knew that I wanted to make each floor have progressively better items, so people won't need to replace beds/computers, it would already be ready for them as they leveled up in the challenge. The characters took about 2-3 days to make in CAS because I literally chose all of their outfits for every occasion using only base game items. It shows a lot of packs, but I think it's because I used the randomizer. I use PS4 so I had to transfer my screenshots to my computer, then I had to label the images and write out the challenge rules. That took about 3-4 days. Playtesting and making sure the lot works took me another day or two. There was actually a moment of panic when I had the sims move in and they couldn't even go inside the lot xD I thought, OH MY GOSH.. Did I just spend 2 weeks building for nothing? Thankfully another user told me to save the lot to the library, bulldose and replace the lot using the library save and that worked.

So yea. xD Before writing down the challenge step-by-step I swear it was a gigantic jumbled mess in my head and tablet 8'D It was like untangling Christmas lights 8'D
    @mercuryfoam Thank you! I'm glad you like the build ^_^ I totally understand about reading the story buy not doing the challenge. When I have an idea for a household, I'm super hyped... But by the time I finish building a lot and creating the characters, I'm already too tired to play with them 8'D

Storytelling is probably my weakest point. I enjoy building the most. I actually hadn't created the backstory until I was sitting on the forums typing up the challenge rules.

For those who are only interested in the story and not necessarily doing the challenge itself, here is a screenshot of the basement:
    Prison-Challenge-Basement-Legend.png
    There is the lab, but there's also the sewers, the oasis, the bunker and varying rickity cots all down there. It's a given that there's a science testing facility in the basement, but I'd love to hear what other people think why these other locations are down there, what they're used for, and how the different rooms might be connected xD If anyone would like to speculate or write a story/lore based on the prison, I'd love to see that. I do have the story ending brainstormed, just not fully written out yet.

Here's what happened on Day 1:
    PCDay1-rain.png
    ^ I have seasons installed, and it was raining. Atmospherically, it was giving me the creepy vibe xD

I moved the Sims in and I was busy taking screenshots... By the time I remembered to lock the doors, the Joker was already halfway down the basement ladder...
    PCDay1-forumtroll.png
    *WHERE HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO GO TO..* Anyways, he's causing me trouble already and he wanted to go "Troll Teh Forums" and apparently cause a fire (if his whim icon is anything to go by). At least I know his personality is on-point. xD
    PCDay1-Guards.png
    The guards all congregated in the guard breakroom.. I did NOT group them there, they just went there on their own, and started watching romance on a blank tv. Pretty sure this place is haunted, but I didn't put that Lot Trait there :o

Three of the inmates tucked themselves in bed and went to sleep. Bless their little sim AI hearts.
  • LenLen376LenLen376 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is so cool! I can't wait to try it and hopefully make a let's play! I even made an account on this site rn just so I could comment :)
  • CuriousCarrotTopCuriousCarrotTop Posts: 43 Member
    I love this and can't wait to try it! I avoided reading the story for now to avoid all spoilers since I want it all to be a total surprise ^_^
    Origin ID: CuriousCarrotTop | My Simblr | My Twitter