Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Happy Play Thread

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
This thread is replacing one that started in General Discussion. The OP has requested that the original thread be closed. So please post your fun discoveries, questions, gameplay tips, etc. It's all about having fun with Eco Lifestyle.

I'll ask the moderators to move original thread posts here.

Original thread:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980067/close-please-someone-else-re-boot-happy-eco-chat-if-you-want-to/p1

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    @simgirl1010 thank you :)

@izecson Hia. You asked me if I would put up the industrial lot on the Gallery. I posted a CC-free version there for you.
    https://www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DB26FD63E39711EA8523FCBC241A330F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SilentK008&max=50&maxis=false

If the link doesn't work you can find me under SilentK008

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 The hairstyle you liked is CC-hair. Will take a quick look at my Tumblr.

https://teanmoon.tumblr.com/post/145225945983/evelyn-hair-by-teanmoon-comes-in-all-maxis-colors

Cheers!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    @simgirl1010 thank you :)

@izecson Hia. You asked me if I would put up the industrial lot on the Gallery. I posted a CC-free version there for you.
    https://www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DB26FD63E39711EA8523FCBC241A330F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SilentK008&max=50&maxis=false

If the link doesn't work you can find me under SilentK008

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 The hairstyle you liked is CC-hair. Will take a quick look at my Tumblr.

https://teanmoon.tumblr.com/post/145225945983/evelyn-hair-by-teanmoon-comes-in-all-maxis-colors

Cheers!

Lol, thank you! at first I thought it was one of the premade lot so i double checked in my game and didn't find any, I always bad at creating outdoor area for my sims, and yours looks very peaceful and 'normal' i'll be grabbing it next time im in game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    This was probably also where the other one should have been in the first place. But the general chat forum is used for everything nowadays... (rolls eyes discreetly)

Anyway, I'm very happy with Eco-Lifestyle. My Sim family has lived there since launch actually. I still have fun with everything and if something is currently buggy, I just don't play with that feature until it has been fixed. And that, might I add, is an excellent strategy to avoid frustration.

I haven't been quite successful yet making my family live off the grid for a longer period, but I actually want to give it a proper go.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Since the posts are going to be moved over here I won't repeat myself from the last thread, but! @bshag4lv Actually mentioned something that I had totally forgotten about -- community spaces! This is another part of the pack I haven't explored yet, but the two community spaces I have made (one for Oasis Springs and one for Willow Creek) have been super fun to play with.

I've got plans to have at least one in each world with a different function. Mainly I have plans for a maker space in my "rough" San Myshuno neighborhood, with plenty of dumpsters for trash treasure hunts! Right now it's a toss-up between a community garden and a market space for my Willow Creek one. 🤔

Either way! Just another great feature of this pack. Like I said before, it really does affect all of your worlds (if you want it to, of course), and I feel like it's brought a lot of life into my save!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've shifted my game to Oasis Springs at the moment. I'm going to use the Lot Traits and the BB items on new homes and those I redo. I'm staying away from the NAPs. I'm adding a community space or two. I want to see how the environment changes without some of the more active EL items in play. I haven't decided on using the wind turbines and solar panels yet, though OS is the perfect place to do that. Oh, I also didn't use the EL Sim traits on the Sim I've created. I haven't decided if I'm going to use those yet either. I've pulled knitting items in without using the creative trait too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    The hairstyle you liked is CC-hair. Will take a quick look at my Tumblr.

@SilentKitty Cheers for the link!

Your Tumblr? Do you mean you created this CC?

No no no :)

I have a tumblr to organize the CC-resources that I use. Otherwise I would never remember where I got things.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member

No no no :)

I have a tumblr to organize the CC-resources that I use. Otherwise I would never remember where I got things.

Ah, I see! That's actually a good idea.
    The artist that you directed me to has some nice content btw! There are so many great content creators that I don't know about yet! :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    We do have some wonderful content creators in the community. 😊. Not really looking forward to the end of new content for Sims 4 but really can't wait to try out some of awesim custom content.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Awesome, I'll be able to ask more questions over here when I get a chance.

Thanks for opening this thread @simgirl1010 . :)

#Team Occult
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I honestly love Eco-Lifestyle. I know lots of people in the community have nothing but hate and disdain for the pack. I haven't grown bored yet by creating eco-friendly homes

Yes, there are things I don't like in the pack but Sharing is Caring is just one of the few annoyances, not something I'm going to spend all my time focusing all the hate and anger I can muster

The other N.A.P.s I like. I finally met Knox in one of my games. I want to add my one sim who wants to eco-speak with everyone to befriend him. Who knows maybe if Knox had a minion (I mean helper) to enforce the Green Agenda sims might listen. I am waiting for the day Knox decides to start the sim equivalent of E** in the game with his minions in place to stop the spread of destruction to the environment. That is how I interpret him but since my sim only recently met him maybe I'm just misinterpreting his passion for something a bit more sinister else altogether.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    edited August 2020
    @LiELF Now I have time to sit at my computer a bit. You posted some questions earlier in the other thread. If I got any of them wrong now I apologize.

Q: Can anyone tell me how the footprints work? For example, if I turn that off, can I place any flooring or wallpaper that I wish without it doing something to the environment?

A: Yes, precisely. If you have Eco-stuff turned on in settings then the eco-rating on walls and floors will matter. If you turn it off you can place anything. Also, CC-walls and CC-floors have no rating so you can place those without impacting the rating.

Q: And can you still cheat an area to polluted or green with it off, or will the game just push it back to it's neutral/default state?

A: Yes there are cheats to go into Green, Neutral or Industrial.

I'm still sort of dipping my toes in this pack, I like to discover things by and by while playing. Industrial is fun but it doesn't do much visually. But it is nice to have my little sims uncomfortable and coughing all the time. Think it will be much more fun with industrial areas in Evergreen Harbor.

8cb3d357726a87ee703597bf2ed07290bdb8fe4c.png
    The liveedit-objects for Eco Living are awesome. Broken furniture and old refrigerators just ready to be dumped into any... dump.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've liked having more "normal" houses in Evergreen Harbor. I needed the lot space. I have not yet applied the NAPs to clean up EH but I will.

There are a few things that I'm not as crazy about but I'm definitely using this pack, especially the world. I do sometimes like to use fireplaces and grills.

I've avoided passing Sharing Is Caring because I turned off external voting for NAPs. I'd actually like to see even more NAPs, perhaps not so many very silly ones, but I've gotten used to implementing some of them. I like that each neighborhood can be a bit different. I really like that family members visit each other more often now. I could have even more lots like the rowhouse starter homes in EH. I have a sim living in one of the apartments and I'm sure others will move in. I'm going to kind of do my own thing with EH but I will assign one type of community space per neighborhood per world. It will be one maker space in Conifer Station, one garden likely in Grims Quarry and one market probably in Port Promise. I moved in a Grims family who are descendants of Arnold Grims and his quarry. They are parents and a somewhat rebellious daughter and heiress.

I might switch the eco-footprint on or off as I go along because I do like winter fireplaces and my own decor.

I'm someone who wants to clean up the world not make it a lot more industrial. I've had a little difficulty making it green but I can try.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    @LiELF Now I have time to sit at my computer a bit. You posted some questions earlier in the other thread. If I got any of them wrong now I apologize.

Q: Can anyone tell me how the footprints work? For example, if I turn that off, can I place any flooring or wallpaper that I wish without it doing something to the environment?

A: Yes, precisely. If you have Eco-stuff turned on in settings then the eco-rating on walls and floors will matter. If you turn it off you can place anything. Also, CC-walls and CC-floors have no rating so you can place those without impacting the rating.

Q: And can you still cheat an area to polluted or green with it off, or will the game just push it back to it's neutral/default state?

A: Yes there are cheats to go into Green, Neutral or Industrial.

I'm still sort of dipping my toes in this pack, I like to discover things by and by while playing. Industrial is fun but it doesn't do much visually. But it is nice to have my little sims uncomfortable and coughing all the time. Think it will be much more fun with industrial areas in Evergreen Harbor.

8cb3d357726a87ee703597bf2ed07290bdb8fe4c.png
    The liveedit-objects for Eco Living are awesome. Broken furniture and old refrigerators just ready to be dumped into any... dump.

@SilentKitty Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! That's really helpful information. :)

I know it seems weird to think about getting the pack when I want to turn the main features off, but there are a few aspects of the pack I'd like to use for different purposes. (I'm just not interested in playing out the "going green" realistic lifestyle and consequences.) I'll most likely still wait for a sale, but now I don't feel as apprehensive that it will be too invasive if I do buy it.

Thanks again! :)
    #Team Occult
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    edited August 2020
    "You get trash, you get trash! Everybody gets trash!'

Anybody know if there is a N.A.P. guide here on the forums yet? I often see simmers having issues which turn out to be (hopefully) easy fixes. I'd love to put a guide together, but it may take me some time to get appropriate screenshots, etc.!

Also I don't want to step on any toes o' course, but I haven't found something similar to what I have in mind. Still, if any of yous guys know about one, please lemme know! ✌️
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Anybody know if there is a N.A.P. guide here on the forums yet? I often see simmers having issues which turn out to be (hopefully) easy fixes. I'd love to put a guide together, but it may take me some time to get appropriate screenshots, etc.!

Also I don't want to step on any toes o' course, but I haven't found something similar to what I have in mind. Still, if any of yous guys know about one, please lemme know! ✌️

That would be awesome, if I see anything I will post it :smile:
    LemDoodle wrote: »

That would be awesome, if I see anything I will post it :smile:

Bless! I'm glad you like the idea ;u; Since I wasn't finding anything, I went ahead and made the guide! Didn't take as long as I thought it would after all~ Hope it's alright if I post a link here!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980315/your-friendly-neighborhood-n-a-p-guide

And of course to stay on-topic, like I said in the previous iteration of this thread...boy do I love N.A.P.s! Once you get the hang of them, they're super fun to play with. Honestly I wish we had even more to choose from!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Has anyone had any luck turning an entire neighborhood green yet? I can turn individual houses green, but I can't seem to get a neighborhood green.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really love the pack a lot. I like playing imperfect families a lot which says a lot about myself too. I'm far from perfect and actually enjoy making mistakes and finding bugs. Anyways I love the gameplay with the pack with the gardening and crafting and managing bills and energy consumption. It is so cute cuddling the bugs too and the faux meat wall makes me laugh. It did help talking to SimGuruGeorge and SimGuruPopcorn asking them questions about the pack prior to the release of it. SimGuruPopcorn did get me hyped with the pack with her EcoPop build challenge. She made a gameplay challenge I need to check out too which is like a more complex rags to riches.

I have a lot of fun building with the pack too. It pairs really well with Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Get to Work, and Cats and Dogs. I like the patch that came along with the pack too which influences what kind of wall and floor effects environment and I wouldn't mind that expanded on more. Like it would be funny to have a fear emotion and the spooky wallpaper make Sims scared.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck turning an entire neighborhood green yet? I can turn individual houses green, but I can't seem to get a neighborhood green.

I have managed to turn neighborhoods both industrial and green. Green was super-easy for me don’t know why. My sims love grass and plants everywhere and there is next to no electronics, that might help. Making a neighborhood go industrial took effort and planning on my part.

Might be bugged? I have one old save that is just wonky when it comes to eco footprints.
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2020
    Might be bugged? I have one old save that is just wonky when it comes to eco footprints.

So is it like older saves have some troubles with Eco Footprint gameplay?
    Rouensims wrote: »

Well I personally noticed eco footprint seem to reset to Neutral if sims haven't visit a neighborhood for a while. Though Port Promise and the quarry resets to Industrial and Green instead, or so I saw that.

Another thing is it takes a while before eco footprint goes into either Green or Industrial, but reloading the lot sometimes made the gauge to "lose" progress?

Furthermore those togglable appliances which adds industrial points are always considered ON after the house's just finished loading it seems? They don't contribute to industrial footprints once they are considered off, though. The issue is the game will think the neighborhood's more industrial than it should be :neutral:

Regardless, I did enjoy turning stuff green! The process gave me a chance to sit down and look at things, you know, pay a bit attention to design details I never notice in some homes.

But then, I also think we really shouldn't, or precisely, can't, leave all the green stuff in games. From conserving power, water an all sorts of resources to planting something*, there's a lot to be done.

Eco Lifestyle served to remind me of that, not shielding myself from contributing to the problem IRL.
    *some gardening skill required.
    AxxYIX4.png
    @LibertyTheFree I have no idea if there is a pattern to which saves have wonky Eco Footprints. For my part it is just that one save that is a bit strange. It refused to budge for a few days and now the needle is steadily moving towards more Industrial. Let's hope it will stay that way :)
    07c102551494cda0342b3a2d8b11f36520f6cd46.png

I never really got into playing in Del Sol but having it as a really smoggy inner city nightmare is perfect for me! Love having a few areas that are a sharp contrast to lush beautiful Sulani where my sims often end up.