Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occult Eyes, Fangs & Pointed Ears Unlocked for All Sims in Base

Occult Eyes, Fangs & Pointed Ears Unlocked for All Sims in Base 129 votes

Yes
53% 69 votes
No
33% 43 votes
Maybe
13% 17 votes

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes so much. I would like the alien and vampires skins unlocked too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hmmm I’m not too sure on this. It would defeat the purpose of having it exclusive for those particular packs I think? Like would it be fair for those who bought the pack for those details? If I remember correctly when they introduce the hot tub or something for the base game a lot of simmers were upset because they had to buy it with the backyard stuff pack.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I look at it from a business perspective. If the base game has many of the same elements that the packs do, people won't buy the packs
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    These features unlocked for non-related occult sims would be great for story making BUT it would cause issues with townies random creation. I approve but ONLY if these features do not appear randomly on non related sims.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Yes please. I don't understand why they are locked in the first place. We have blue skin available for all sims for example. Then why not pointy ears or the purple skintones (available for mermaids and spellcasters)

Only note: it should be disabled for random created sims because otherwise the realism players will protest until everything is removed again.
    Justin wrote: »
    Hmmm I’m not too sure on this. It would defeat the purpose of having it exclusive for those particular packs I think? Like would it be fair for those who bought the pack for those details? If I remember correctly when they introduce the hot tub or something for the base game a lot of simmers were upset because they had to buy it with the backyard stuff pack.

I thought this was about these assets being available to normal non-occult sims. They could still be tied to specific packs.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nope.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    These features unlocked for non-related occult sims would be great for story making BUT it would cause issues with townies random creation. I approve but ONLY if these features do not appear randomly on non related sims.

well they did it in sims 3 with pointy ears so I think they can do the same in sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »

well they did it in sims 3 with pointy ears so I think they can do the same in sims 4

Pointy ears were also available in the sims 2 base game. One of the last face presets had pointy ears.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yes please and quite frankly, I don't care if realism players don't want it. You bought the occult packs, deal with it. I'm grumpy on this as my mods for it aren't working. Maybe the realism players could find a mod to get rid of the vampire etc options if this was implemented.
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    In all honesty I don't mind either way. I have a mod for pointy ears and custom fangs and I daresay there are some out there for skin tones (I've never looked for that specifically!)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Yes please and quite frankly, I don't care if realism players don't want it. You bought the occult packs, deal with it. I'm grumpy on this as my mods for it aren't working. Maybe the realism players could find a mod to get rid of the vampire etc options if this was implemented.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Instead of getting mad at the occult pack for having the audacity to have occults inside it, why not try getting mad at the person who WILLINGLY opened their wallet and WILLINGLY downloaded said occult pack despite not having any occult interest? Just my opinion.

Anyway, I would go for this! I've thought about having sims with supernatural features but without the powers themselves. I could make some interesting stories from such an idea.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I see some people saying that the OP is asking for this all to become free base game content and if this is the case I have misunderstood. What I want is to have the occult cosmetics I purchased available to use on normal Sims. (Maybe not mermaid fins, but pretty much everything else.)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't think they should add the occult specific things like unnatural eyes or such in base game (they could unlock it for normal sims if you have the pack tho) but I would appreciate pointed ears for everyone because real people with somewhat pointy ears exist (me included) and it doesn't make them vampire (at least i think im not vampire) soo :/

also i believe there is simply so many occults to use pointy ears for it seems weird to lock in packs
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I thought this was about these assets being available to normal non-occult sims. They could still be tied to specific packs.

I thought so too. That's why I voted yes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sure! I have mods for them, but why not let everyone use them?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I so want want them unlocked so I can finally have better eye color choices, have any of my Sims have pointed ears & fangs for my humans.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I would love for these things to be unlocked for those who own the packs.

I think that they are working on a cheat to unlock CAS items for all the packs though. That was my understanding when Nifty Knitting came out because they included a cheat for it to unlock, and the cheat specifies which pack it is. I remember them saying there will be more cheats like that in the future and I can't wait!

I want to unlock Vampires and Get Famous the most, and also Get To Work.
    #Team Occult
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited August 2020
    I didn't quite read the poll question correctly, that'll teach me for skimming over things lol.

I don't think they should be brought out to the base game, as I feel very strongly against stuff like that. The hot tub fiasco is a good example of that. However, I would like the eyes, teeth and ear options available for sims regardless of whether they're occult or not, if you own the packs.

EDIT: Why on Earth is s h e n a n i g a n a censored word? 🙄
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I see some people saying that the OP is asking for this all to become free base game content and if this is the case I have misunderstood. What I want is to have the occult cosmetics I purchased available to use on normal Sims. (Maybe not mermaid fins, but pretty much everything else.)

Agreed.

Genetics would be more fun if my human sim child could get the yellow vampire eyes from his mom.
    And that when I cure my vampire, that he still have the glowing light blue eyes I know him to have and not get a randomised brown human colour.
    I'd love for that to be a thing. Genetics in the game is boring and it doesn't really matter what occult your sims are if the child is human.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Don't really understand the question but I think occult stuff should be with the occult packs
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no since as a player i mostly prefer normal sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mogshazmogshaz Posts: 24 Member
    Yes, if you intend to just allow Human sims to use pointed ears, occult teeth, etc. The only down side would be having random sims generated with those features; but Aliens and Ghosts show up in bars, and the randomized townies already look like fantasy creatures anyway so...whatever.

No, if you intend for them to remove those CAS items from DLC and add them to base game. Its a trick EA uses to pretend the base game wasn't released with a lack of content, and devalues what customers have already spent on that DLC.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would have to say "no". Part of the fun of getting a pack with an occult is all those new cool features.
    Technically, if someone really wants stuff like that without getting a pack, then there is much CC out there anyways. I mean, I found (by accident actually) a friggan Minotaur outfit. :D:D:D
    3SdiDxq.png
    (It's about 5 or 6 or more different CAS items to make the complete Minotaur. I made one for fun. He's running around as an NPC now, lol)

Honestly, I first got Sims4 for the pseudo-realism aspect, not aliens and vampires and mermaids, etc...
    I was worried that getting a pack that included an occult would 'ruin' the functional simplicity of it.
    Quite the opposite actually. I enjoy them since the occult NPC sims are not spammed into the game.

So discovering the new features and stuff in a pack is really fun (For me anyways)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    They should stay exclusive to the type of Sim they belong to. If you want those options without buying the pack that others bought to use them, then there are tons of mods or CC out there to give you that, its really not fair to add that to base game.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Nope because townies already look ridiculous enough. I can only imagine what they will look like with fangs, eyes and ears.