Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My first map mod!

Hey all! I'm not a modder and I've never created a mod before but today I tried to create my own custom map for Sulani using screenshots from the actual worlds and blending that with the existing map. It's not the best mod ever made but I'm pretty happy with it for a first timer so I wanted to share it :)
The Original Map:
hGNAF5O.png
My Map:
u0wcme1.png

There's some weird graphical issues and dark spots which I plan to fix at a later stage, I think I'm gonna try editing into it some more later to bring it all together but I'm pretty proud of this for a first effort!

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Here's a blank version of it without the lots aswell
    fXGKXeO.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't really use mods so had never even HEARD of a map mod before haha, but this is truly amazing! You did a great job!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I don't really use mods so had never even HEARD of a map mod before haha, but this is truly amazing! You did a great job!

Thank you!! :)

Sorry to sorta spam the pictures but I've been tweaking it and I managed to fix all my issues with it so this is the final version for now that I'm using in my game!

VoATI0x.png

I'm thinking of getting a tumblr and posting it on simsfileshare so if anyones interested in downloading lmk <3
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    Update: I've finished the map now and it's available to download from my Tumblr :)
    https://onversersims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Update: I've finished the map now and it's available to download from my Tumblr :)

Looks really beautiful! I'll give it a try later today :)
  • Options

I really love it, but would it work in an existing game where I've replaced all the homes with gallery homes? I don't want to mess up my save and the houses I have already but I really like it (Sorry no experience with map mods to know how they work haha. I don't use ANY CC and only a tiny handful of mods in some of my saves so the fact that, if you confirm it won't mess up a save that has replaced the homes with gallery homes, I am definitely going to download should tell you how much I really really love this haha!
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I really love it, but would it work in an existing game where I've replaced all the homes with gallery homes? I don't want to mess up my save and the houses I have already but I really like it (Sorry no experience with map mods to know how they work haha. I don't use ANY CC and only a tiny handful of mods in some of my saves so the fact that, if you confirm it won't mess up a save that has replaced the homes with gallery homes, I am definitely going to download should tell you how much I really really love this haha!

It shouldn't have any effect at all on save files, it just changes the background image not whats in the world :)

I've installed tons of different map mods and they don't affect save files at all, putting this one into my game after I created it didn't cause any issues with my saves either so it should be all good!
  • Options

It shouldn't have any effect at all on save files, it just changes the background image not whats in the world :)

I've installed tons of different map mods and they don't affect save files at all, putting this one into my game after I created it didn't cause any issues with my saves either so it should be all good!

ty! I just meant more like will it replace all my restaurants/sims homes if that makes sense. But I've bookmarked it and will download next time I play!