Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER Competitor to The Sims 5?!?? People of the Newbery

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    OMG! I'm IN LOVE with the graphics and characters already! On their facebook page they have a pic of the inside of a farmhouse dining room and bedroom, sooooo cute and realistic! It's my type of game.

I am kinda sad that there won't be modding ability tho.

The facebook did say you could play online with your up to 5 friends.

Yeah, I like the building style a lot! I'm not going to use the multiplayer mode though for the town, but I might for visiting all those other places. I wonder how all that will work?

If it works something like the multiplayer in Animal Crossing I'm okay with it. You can have friends you approve visit only when you open your town gates and they can't actually do anything, like they can't move stuff around or place new stuff etc.

Honestly at this point, I'm probably not going to be getting this game, simply because of expenses and not enough time to play, but I'm def. gonna keep an eye on it because maybe one day in the future I might. It looks interesting anyways. I'll give it time and see what people say after it's been out for awhile

So that means it's not.always online, right? I hope so.

I like how it's set up so far. Also estimated to be released in Q3 of 2021, so this could be the first of the next gen life simulation games.coming out!

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ugh God, that hyper-realism look. Pass, pass, pass.

And multiplayer? Nope, I'm out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Also they all have such a low count ;-; I hope they get more support.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like the way it looks and will be interested in seeing more about the game. I think it looks promising.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    So no modding and no CC? I'll pass,since mods and CC make sims games more enjoyable for me. I'll wait for Sims 5 and the game from Paradox Games.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ugh God, that hyper-realism look. Pass, pass, pass.

And multiplayer? Nope, I'm out.

Whats wrong with multiplayer? I dont mind it if it's optional. And it is friends multiplayer so you probably can only play with people you have added as friend on whatever platform it will release, or you need to make a server with a code.

The minute mutliplayer is added, single player gets left behind. That's what ended up happening with TS4 and why we're working with what we have.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It looks stunning. I have been happy with Epic games so far except Fortnite.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Looks a bit too realistic for my tastes but I’ll wait to see the final product.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It lost me when I saw a US Mailbox. I'm getting a bit fed up with the emphasis on US culture at the moment.
    Simburian wrote: »
    It lost me when I saw a US Mailbox. I'm getting a bit fed up with the emphasis on US culture at the moment.

Maybe the dev is from the US. It does have a global map that allows you to visit other countries as tourists.

I think more game studios from other countries should try to create a life simulation game that reflects their country and culture. I'd be interested in that.

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    I still don't think it's right to mention Sims 4 competitors on the official Sims 4 forum.

It seems... distasteful.

This subject matter feels like it belongs in Off Topic at best.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Love the way the characters look! Love the way the animals look! And that front yard! With the grass. Wonder if there'll be lawnmowers. 😀

The future for simulation games is looking good.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

Maybe the dev is from the US. It does have a global map that allows you to visit other countries as tourists.

I think more game studios from other countries should try to create a life simulation game that reflects their country and culture. I'd be interested in that.

It looks like the developer runs the Discord in both English and Russian, and the FB page is in Russian as well. Not sure of their nationality tho.

It looks like the developer runs the Discord in both English and Russian, and the FB page is in Russian as well. Not sure of their nationality tho.

If they're Russian, it would be nice if they set up another town that reflects that culture. I hope the Russian places on their global map is accurate. It would be nice to visit Moscow or St. Petersburg in the game!

Love the way the characters look! Love the way the animals look! And that front yard! With the grass. Wonder if there'll be lawnmowers. 😀

The future for simulation games is looking good.

Plus it has cars and bicycles!

Chazzzy wrote: »
    I still don't think it's right to mention Sims 4 competitors on the official Sims 4 forum.

It seems... distasteful.

This subject matter feels like it belongs in Off Topic at best.

It's being made with the Unreal Engine 4. I've been speculating about The Sims 5 being made with this same game engine, so I want to see how this particular game turns out and maybe gauge how it might be like or unlike TS5 and vice versa.

Another competitor... GTA V :p

Lol, it's not quite the same! More like an M-rated version!

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm still waiting for news of Vie (coming 2018)

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited August 2020

M-Rated... weapons ? blood ? violence ? Like the real life ?

I'm still waiting for news of Vie (coming 2018)

We can't assume right away that it will follow the path of Vie. Besides, it's not like we've already put money into this. In the meantime, I think it would be good to encourage the dev to make it the very best it can be.

M-Rated... weapons ? blood ? violence ?

I'm saying that GTA V is M-rated, not this game, so not quite the same!

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean personally I'm not a huge fan of realism but this looks promising and I'm an open minded person so I will keep an eye on this.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top