Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

knitting with no rocking chair

one of the kids started knitting on a stool with no rocking chair in the house, I moved them and had not put in there yet. I thought they had to have the rocking chair?

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    one of the kids started knitting on a stool with no rocking chair in the house, I moved them and had not put in there yet. I thought they had to have the rocking chair?

nope
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Definitely not! They can knit in any chair, on the toilet, poolside... all sorts of places :)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Just out of curiosity, where did you see that it required the rocking chair?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited August 2020
    The only chairs Sims can't knit are chairs at tables or desks.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If you have a rocking chair they'll tend to gravitate towards that for pretty much anything (one of my Sims took her grilled cheese sandwich to the patio to eat while rocking, which annoyed her older sister who was about to do the same thing), but they can sit anywhere other than a "slotted chair" meaning at a table or desk like @Gagea pointed out and knit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Anywhere sims can sit in (that isn't slotted like chairs to table). Sims can even knit on canoes.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    sims can knit anywhere where they can sit
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Anywhere sims can sit in (that isn't slotted like chairs to table). Sims can even knit on canoes.

Guess I'll have to try and see this myself, when I get to play again.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    My college bound young Archaeologist decided to sit on a bench in her father's home office. Suddenly, she whips out her knitting pins.

KqLm9b1.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    They can knit anywhere they can sit, also on community lots. My knitting club meet at the library where I placed a "debate" object, so they get seated waiting for someone to debate :)

PS:I noticed that sims build knitting skill faster if they use the rocking chair.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »

assumption and not having faith that they would think outside of the box, humbly happy
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

I got this 'slotted' notification when I tried to get my Sim to knit by clicking on the inventory knitting bag with my Sim sitting at the computer.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member

assumption and not having faith that they would think outside of the box, humbly happy

Huh. My grandma knitted and never had a rocking chair. Where did you pick up that assumption, and also why is it out the box to knit on bench, for instance? Lol.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »

Huh. My grandma knitted and never had a rocking chair. Where did you pick up that assumption, and also why is it out the box to knit on bench, for instance? Lol.

Indeed, I normally knit curled up on the couch, and I remember my grandma usually was knitting at the kitchen counter (so she could lay it out and look at what she was working on) - but that would be a slotted seat, so not possible for the Sims. :wink:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The Sims can knit on chairs, love seats, couches & even the bed.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The Sims can knit on chairs, love seats, couches & even the bed.

Toilet, too, I think :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I think you can also either click on the sim themselves or the yarn bag in their inventory to get the option to knit, you dont need to click any specific seat, they will go sit anywhere so dont worry about not having a rocking chair because it is not needed.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    They can knit anywhere they can sit, also on community lots. My knitting club meet at the library where I placed a "debate" object, so they get seated waiting for someone to debate :)

PS:I noticed that sims build knitting skill faster if they use the rocking chair.

i made a knitting club, th eonly thing they missed out was "knit together." My sim would sit and knit but she couldn't get the others to do so, even though she had given them all a knitting basket as a gift.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    i made a knitting club, th eonly thing they missed out was "knit together." My sim would sit and knit but she couldn't get the others to do so, even though she had given them all a knitting basket as a gift.
    Yeah, that is pretty disappointing.

My knitting club were all gathered together, plenty of chairs around the fireplace, knitting baskets owned... but, no, my sim was the only one who sat and knitted. Everyone else just stood around talking. What a fail.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

Yeah, that is pretty disappointing.

My knitting club were all gathered together, plenty of chairs around the fireplace, knitting baskets owned... but, no, my sim was the only one who sat and knitted. Everyone else just stood around talking. What a fail.

Same!! This have been bothering me because many club activities dont seem to work properly in my game, my sim would be the only one doing them. I think the club system might be the issue here and not knitting. I will look into this more and probably make a bug report to see if others have the same problem.
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

assumption got me lol
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sim prefers to knit at the edge of the pool rather than in a comfy chair.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    IF you let Sims autonomously knit, they'll do it often and dont really seem to have a preference where
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My sims will knit where ever they are when the knit drops down, it can be on the toilet, in front of the counter, even if I have told them first to sit here, then knit. the sit here will be ignored. and just the knit remain, they must really enjoy knitting. lol
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I totally forgot the pack included rocking chairs. Will have to try those out