Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Hey builders, I got the weirdest most frustrating bug. I reported it on the EA site, but I'm just curious if it's only me or if other people have had that problem. In a 2 story build with a circular dome roof above the the 2nd floor, can you put stairs on the 1st floor? I can do it with all other roof styles, just not the dome roof. I used the terrain tool, so the build is on an elevated, but flattened plot of land. I don't know if the issue is the terrain tool or the circular roof, but since all other roofs work, I'm thinking it's a bug with the circular roof.

Comments

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    I'm not able to help if you like post here someone may help you there
  • Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    chips46 wrote: »
    I'm not able to help if you like post here someone may help you there

Thanks @chips46 . I have the hardest time navigating the forums and trying to figure out where to post stuff. I went ahead posted there. Although I finally gave up and just used the Octagonal roof.
  • EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Liz_GoBucks
    Edit- They released a new Update on August 18th, where they fixed an issue with the curvature of the roofs. Did that fix your issue?
    What are the dimensions of the area under the circular dome roof? For instance, at its widest, how wide is the roof/room going across? Is the circle a very small tower? You should be able to place stairs on the first floor, going to the second, unless there's not enough room to walk or you're intersecting the wall/roof. Try having at least 1 square of space on the second floor around the stairs for your sims to move. You could also try using a ladder and test to see if you can get to the second floor that way. If your sim can get to the second floor with a ladder, the issue might be with your stair placement, and not the roof.
    Post edited by EVANGELlNE on