Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Simplet0n ISBI *Updated 17/08*

elephant-in-africa-email-header.png

Welcome to the Simplet0n ISBI! ISBI stands for I am Surrounded by Idi0ts and is a challenge originally created by Simslia and adapted for Sims 4 by Lynnwood. You can find her challenge thread by clicking here.

The challenge revolves around a single sim (known as the Torch Holder), that you control as you would any other sim. The fun begins when your sim gets married and has children, as you are NOT allowed to control them. You earn points based on the success your sims have in achieving things like aspiration milestones and you lose points based on your sims passing out or wetting themselves, for example. It is a ten generation challenge so one of the children from each generation will become the next sim you can control.

I started an ISBI about a week ago, but rushed in without thoroughly reading the thread and discovered I had been inadvertently cheating, which was no good at all! I decided to start totally fresh after taking the time to read not just the rules but the entire thread on the sims forum. I was also using a mod that in hindsight may have given my sims an advantage in the social skills area.

So, here are the rules I will be playing by:

Hard Mode
  • My founder will start with 0 money, on the 64 x 64 lot in Windenburg, in winter. They must not move for the duration of the challenge.
  • There will be NO ‘Hand of God’. Meaning no dragging plates to the bin, or fridge and so on. Everything in game must be either done or influenced by the current Torch Holder.
  • There will no hiring services such as baby sitters, butlers, maids and so forth.
  • Toddlers passing out will count towards losing points, but using their diaper wont.
  • The Torch Holder MUST complete their aspiration before they can change it.
  • Every Torch Holder must be given the Erratic trait as soon as possible.

Succession Laws
  • Equality – Males or Females are eligible to become the next torch holder.
  • Strict Traditional – Only biological children may be eligible to become the next torch holder
  • Democracy – I will use a poll on the sims forum to decide the next torch holder
  • Trait – Eligible heirs must have the Erratic Trait.

Score Card

Any sim in the household (unless otherwise specified):

Self Wetting : -5
Pass Out : -5
Failing School : -5
Negative Traits Earned by Non Torch Holders : -5
Accidental Deaths : -10
Fires : -10
Social Worker Visit : -15

Single Birth : +5
Twins : +10
Triplets : +15
Completing Any Aspiration Milestones (Child and Adult): +5
Completing Aspirations (Child and Adult) : +10
Toddler Skills maxed by Non Torch Holder toddlers : +5
Skills (Child and Adult) maxed by Non Torch Holder family members : +10
Non Torch Holder children (Child and Teen) earning an A in school : +5
Positive Traits Earned by Non Torch Holders : +5
Happy Toddler Trait Earned : +5
Top-Notch Toddler Trait Earned : +10
Non Torch Holders reaching the top of a career (Teen and YA/A/E) : +10
Randomizing every trait and aspiration for an entire generation : +10
Not using spares’ Satisfaction Reward points for an entire generation : +10
Every 100,000 simoleons earned : +20
Immortalizing the Torch-Holder : +5 [Write a biography or paint a painting from reference, or take a picture with a 5+ photography skill.]

End Game

The challenge will end when the Torch Holder of the 10th Generation reaches Young Adult, or if a Torch Holder dies without any heirs.

Post edited by PurpleThistles on

Comments