Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you think about a community stuff pack 3?

Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
I do not think this is out of the realm of possibility, so I am curious as to the feelings on it. Personally, I have lost nearly every vote on the last two. Certainly the major ones. I have just sort of accepted that my sort of play will never be chosen the way the categories narrow down, but I am still fairly neutral to them.

Despite the lost possibilities and the dashed hopes, I think laundry stuff and knitting stuff turned out fairly well. Laundry really piles up for me since the introduction of hot and cold outfits, but it is in all of my builds. Knitting had fairly good gameplay and I enjoyed it more than expected, though the theme is still super boring in my opinion.

I could take another vote, especially if we really do have several more years left. I will not be heartbroken without it, though.

What would you think about a community stuff pack 3? 87 votes

I love community packs and want/expect another.
26%
crocobauraTheSpotted_CbabajaynephantasmkissSeptJanOctChampandGirliePieceOfPrincesspammiechickannaliese39SummerStreakDoloresGreyChadSims2mustenimebagl15filipomelAtreya33birdonawirecheescaeksDaWaterRatCNJ93 23 votes
I do not expect anymore community packs, but wish there would be.
9%
IceyJelanorbretonloubyloulouEnkiSchmidtFlapKoteykaGordySimtanium 8 votes
I hate community packs and expect another.
5%
LustianiciaChazzzyPeralInuMiroLoverCelSims 5 votes
I do not expect more community packs. Good riddance.
6%
bixtersOnverserSigzy05Simtown15AngeliqueAdelaideSimmingal 6 votes
Forget the stuff packs; bring on the GPs and EPs!
29%
GoldmoldarsketchesIsb917CynnataydevAlwe1507BabykittyjadeStrudelzzMaggieMarleybeautimousScobresimmerLellaStrawberryYogurtJustinMareahSAEldarinVivi_WillowTreelogionsmurfy77SERVERFRA 26 votes
I can take or leave it.
21%
IcewolfPlayerSinger2010simgirl1010alanmichael1Daravibenson2006AnnLee87TrashmagicCAPTAIN_NXR7sillyangel0906LiELFMDianaSimsEvie0602WispyeSharoniaKimmeridkidkCalico45Isharell 19 votes

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Community game pack? Sure. Community stuff pack? No ma'am.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We need more Expansion Packs & Game Packs.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    I was very disappointed when I heard about laundry day at first because it is such a boring theme and laundry still doesn't mean an ecological pack in my opinion. but now I consider it one of the best SP's. It adds a bit of a challenge with a whole new gameplay mechanic. It adds to everyday gameplay, not just a 'I explored this pack in two hours' kinda theme. I don't have nifty knitting yet, but it looks like a nice addition for my sims everyday life. So I wouldn't mind another community voted pack.

But I have no idea how likely it is that we will get another.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sorry not sorry, but the winning themes for the last 2 packs have not left me the least bit optimistic about any and all future votes. I really do think we're going to get another chance to vote at some point, but the winning theme is probably going to be sweeping or something else equally dull.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I didn't see "Forget the stuff packs; bring on the GPs and EPs" :disappointed:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    The Community should stop voting 😂 Laundry and Knitting!? Who is playing this game?
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2020
    I really like them and would love to have more, but I doubt we will see another one in TS4's lifetime.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I suspect we’ll get at least one more community stuff pack before Sims 4 ends. They seem to be some of the more successful packs so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do another one.
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    I feel like all packs have their ups and downs and their own charm. But I want waaaay more!
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i voted for knitting and got knitting, i'm please with what i got. i also liked laundry day even though i wasnt there for the vote.

i'm totally up for another one by the end of sims 4's lifespan. its a lot of fun, even though it does bring the worst out in people over a silly $10 stuff pack just cause their fav topic didn't win.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can take or leave it.
    I don't really care for the community stuff packs. I voted for a craft pack and got a boring knitting pack. I wouldn't mind if there was another community stuff pack mind you but at the same time I'm not bothered about another one either.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I can take or leave it.
    The idea of community stuff packs is lovely and both are good packs, but I don't necessarily want another one. Theme/features voting is somehow always rigged because they tend to include something that part of the community (and I suppose the popular youtubers?) has been very vocal about. And the cas/furniture votes are terribly incoherent in style and mostly very unbalanced.
    I'd much rather they'd use some of the other themes, that didn't win, and turn them into stuff packs (or integrate them into larger packs) without player votes.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love all of you💓 but I'm sorry, the community cannot be trusted 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love them because we get what WE want. Nifty knitting and laundry day are my favorite stuff packs and Nifty knitting is my favorite pack of all packs.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    1) They ruin the surprise of getting a new pack. The play-by-play is overrated.
    2) It’s disappointing when the theme you want is not chosen, and you know the team is working on a pack you do NOT want, meaning you have to wait even longer to get a pack you actually like.
    3) It’s disappointing when the theme you want IS chosen but they choose to add objects unrelated to that theme, fully transforming the pack into something else.
    4) Despite my concerns, I expect them to continue to make them smh
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I can take or leave it.
    I like both of the themes. I know, I know - how terribly boring of me hah!

However, I'm not a fan of stuff packs. I think knitting should have been a side feature in an Ep.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    They're too divisive. They just cause a big divide in the community and a lot of fighting. I really hope they never do them again to be honest.

Plus I feel like we're never gonna get any variety in these "community packs" because people who play family gameplay are generally the most active in the community and will just overrule everyone else every time. Everyone else just ends up being pushed to the side so we can get "The Sims 4: Get Ironing!", "The Sims 4: Washing Dishes!" and "The Sims 4: Ultimate Mop Collection!". No thank you.

We have enough stuff packs anyways. I'd rather see some more game packs that actually impact my game rather than a generic pack with some chairs and bookcases
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    The packs we choose tend to be decent, since we get to choose what goes in, and not the developers. But honestly, I'd rather they just announce themes and packs several months earlier, then allow us to have our input be heard and added to the game. The devs often miss the mark, so giving us more say in what goes into the games WE pay for would be great.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I can take or leave it.
    Let's face it. They have their list and only offer us stuff they have in the works or that they know they can do with the game engine. That's obvious but voting let's us mold it into shape and pick objects. It's going to be leftover concepts from the first two votes. Maybe a new one but I don't think so. Gives me hopes for happy haunts!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I can take or leave it.
    I don't trust the rest of the fans to choose something that I want so I've given up hope on seeing anything I'd like chosen.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited August 2020
    on one hand i like the idea cause its exciting to vote on things and see concept arts and such but on other hand

1. community has proven to vote for most basic boring options we already have in the game and i do not need another ikea furniture, jeans and croptops pack we have plenty of that theme

2. as far as stuff packs go i think they should do more wacky themey stuff for them and i just don't see that happening with community votes cause majority never favors the weird and its just how it is

3. in all seriousness stuff packs as whole ain't that interesting and id rather have one gp or ep come out than 2-3 stuffpacks regardless of theme

like don't get me wrong i still love Nifty Knitting but i just feel it definitely could have been even better

and as for laundry day i do feel its probably better side of stuff packs but still just proves what part of players dominate the "voting booth"
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The stuff pack theme, content, and features are already predetermined anyway, so it doesn't really matter what we vote for... it's all just for show. We were always gonna get laundry the first time around, regardless of what the community truly voted for... and we were always gonna get knitting the previous time, regardless of what we voted for.

Do you honestly think EA was gonna let us legitimately choose the stuff packs? lol They already had both packs planned prior to the "voting".

Then again, this is the same community where many people like the concept of DLC for DLC and enjoy 'My First Pet'. It's also the same community who had no problem paying $10 for 'My First Murphy Bed' and think adding "death by bed" as a new way to die as the gameplay feature somehow "justified" the pack being made, so I guess it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if laundry and knitting did actually win the surveys.

Unfortunately, it's hard to tell these days... it's often hard to determine whether these packs are motivated by EA's greediness or the players mindlessly willing to buy literally anything EA puts out... or both.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I can take or leave it.
    Okay, I didn't really see an answer that fit my perspective, so this was close enough.

So...there are pros and cons and complications to the process that makes it kind of hard for me to decide how much I like it or not, and if it's good for the community. I mean, I think in the end, it gives insight to development and I find that interesting.

I definitely get frustrated with the community choices because laundry and knitting are most certainly not things I ever cared for. But in a way, I'm relieved when concepts like "Dangerous" and "Happy Haunts" don't get chosen, because it allows for the possibility of those concepts to revisit in a bigger pack to be more fully developed. Only drawback to that is, there is no guarantee we'll actually see it. So if I knew that the community interest would definitely be a factor to future products, then I'd say bring on another one because it helps them determine where our interests are.

Unfortunately, what I see in the pack voting process is the community takes off running with the initial concept and many players get these big ideas and expectations that are too much for a stuff pack, and then they get really disappointed as it gets dwindled down and suddenly there's a lot more criticism and deflation because so many ideas get tossed away and hardly anyone feels like they actually get what they voted for. I think people have a hard time keeping the perception within the limits of a stuff pack.

But this year, suddenly there was an Eco pack, which revisited the initial winning concept of Laundry Day because it was "popular". I'd be very interested to see how the sales turned out for it because when it was announced, I saw people criticizing that they only wanted it back when it was a smaller pack, and since we got bits of "eco" gameplay since, that the concept had been nearly sufficiently covered. In essence, a game pack would have made more sense. So does that mean we're going to see an Arts and Crafts EP coming in a couple of years (if the Eco EP was popular)? Or will it be a game pack? Or will they scrap it (assuming Eco didn't actually do well)?

I had a suspicion that Jungle Adventure was sort of what morphed out of the "Dangerous" concept back when Laundry was being voted on. Even though it didn't have funerals and such, I feel that there is indeed a lot of jungle dangers in it so it kind of fits. But with Happy Haunts, I saw a lot of threads making suggestions and showing interest, and the devs revealed that it came in very close behind Arts and Crafts, so if that actually gets made into a game pack, I'll have more optimism for the community votes.
    #Team Occult
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I lost some of the votes but I still think these are good ideas and add concepts that otherwise might not make it into the game. They also show what players are interested in even if a concept doesn't win.

I wanted an arts and crafts pack more than knitting specifically. I do think the industrial style I voted for did make it into Eco Living, so I appreciated seeing that influence. I was really hoping for art galas and more to do with museums. So, hopefully that will show up in some way.

I do think the votes have skewed very domestic in terms of what wins. I think that polling the community is a good thing. I just wish more objects had been included such as some objects or decor that would interest me more.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I wasn't here for Laundry day, and back then, I probably would have been as disappointed as many of the people who wanted Happy Haunts this time were. (I eventually bought it for the buy items and CAS. I haven't used Laundry yet, and don't ever plan to.)

But I kinda had fun with the Knitting votes. Yes, it was the theme and activity I picked, but that was because I could see that the Happy Haunts parts I did want weren't the popular ones. My only personal frustration with how the voting went was that the CAS and build/buy items wound up being so scattered. I'd much rather have had "Pick 1 of these wallpapers, pick 3 of these chairs, pick 5 of these women's tops, etc." and seen a better balanced pack in terms of content.

So I do want to see another community stuff pack, or even two, before the Sims 4 is done, and hopefully they're something that can continue with the Sims 5. After all, they're not going to get the process ironed out right unless they try some more.

Although I do hope that the next one doesn't have a mundane activity as an option. Yes, I voted for Knitting, but I like to mix my weird with my normal. But yeah, if there's a mundane option, that's going to be the winner and I respect that people find that... disappointing.