Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medieval / wood recolors of Serinion's portable bucket from MTS.

Serinion took the Outdoor Retreat bucket (I believe used to put out campfires), tweaked the mesh to make the water level, made it portable (can be put in sims' inventory), and made it function as an off-the-grid sink. It is called Serinion's Portable Bucket for Ablution.
I thought it would be awesome for some more medieval / historical style lots but the bucket texture looked too modern so I borrowed some textures from the Maxis Boardwalk Trashcan. I resized the metal band, darkened it, and changed the shades & darkness/brightness of the wood to get different looks. I also added a rope handle to some of the buckets. Additionally, I made a darker bucket of the original texture and two cast iron textured buckets (one with rope handle & one with metal). I posted some screenshots of my earlier versions on Tumblr & got requests for the link to the download so (after getting permission from Serinion), I uploaded to MTS.

Since Teknikah used the same bucket and texture for the Sprinkler bucket, I recolored that one, but found that my recolors overwrote Teknikah's bucket so I sent Teknikah the file, the textures, color swatch info, etc to use. Teknikah's Sprinkler Bucket (which is found under electronics and functions as a sprinkler to put out fires off-the-grid) has now been updated to have all 31 of my recolors.

My 31 Recolors of Serinion's Portable Bucket is currently available on MTS (although it is pending moderator approval for some changes-- like better screenshots and additional catalog info). You MUST have Serinion's bucket with the new mesh to make it function.

Thus far I've had one user tell me there was an error "Object is missing its footprint resource". Could that be from a missing mesh?
I've never heard of that error before so I have no idea what would cause it. The only things I changed when I made my standalone recolors was the textures and swatches.

Note: the lines from the original bucket seem to show through on the textures. I'm not sure if it's in an overlay or if it's part of the mesh shape, but you barely notice it if you aren't zoomed way in. Not sure how to get rid of those lines. The inside of the bucket is stained darker near the top where the bucket had scummy stuff when water level was higher. :P (I thought the water line was higher & didn't darken the texture further down & didn't see this until I found out how to use tab for camera mode & zoomed in but I'm pretending it's staining).

Screenshots:
8e1da27a6b0fb00333c3914ed4fe853b1fba6dfb.png
f452890d037f6d357500c4d29ef1cde8c0ffcd68.png
21f5dd123c6c7ab2031b59223b59456d462bf4da.png
f5087e9360808a368a723da9b4b30e4306ac2d29.png
22d360553b4d7f5bcaf74c946f1f4f765c531338.png
b9ed32acce75847cc3a0e136aed644a06e323446.png
84ec483a2cdfe73fe376e7f4dbb4b5e08896c366.png
ff3ad8437370940bae7a2b52332844248bf1f964.png

Do the screenshots look OK?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    These look great!
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    These look great!

Thanks. I'm still kicking myself on the "stain". I may fix it. I may also make more recolors. I think some aged wood would look cool. Something a bit rougher and older looking. I googled images for "medieval bucket" and saw the older buckets were wrapped with a pale blonde sort of material. It was too shiny to be leather- description said it was "hazel withies".
    https://museum.wales/collections/online/object/382fe180-26a2-34a3-a4b7-430d7f0766d3/Medieval-wooden-bucket/content/
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRIXBLOX7MWtiHo3aKJ1_olSf2yFZ1jFH2amg&usqp=CAU

Looks similar to the bucket that came with a Maxis well in Sims4. Ingeli (I think that's her name) "liberated" the bucket from the well as a deco object.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Ok, so I derped & somehow included the mesh file in my package even though I didn't intend to. I was told that if the string files were listed in the warehouse that it was including the mesh but people still need the original object from Serinion to make it work. Serinion has updated the object on patreon (but not on MTS from what I've seen) and is working on even more improvements with the shadows that cause some weird effects and is making the water transparent so you can see inside the bucket (which looks very cool from the screenshots).

I asked on the Sims4Studio website what I did wrong but haven't received a reply yet. I'm also trying to figure out where to edit "reliability" of an object as well as water usage.

Serinion's new object is less expensive, has lower reliability (3 instead of 8), uses 1 water, is now listed in off-the-grid buy catalog, and works with Eco Lifestyle pack.

Anyone know how I can do a standalone recolor so that if the source object gets updated my object will automatically reflect the changes if I install the new source object/mesh in my mods folder?