Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have Npc Nap's voting enabled or disabled?

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
For those who own Eco Lifestyle, i'm curious about this:
Do you have Npc Nap's voting enabled or disabled? Share your experience and thoughts.

Do you have Npc Nap's voting enabled or disabled? 189 votes

Enabled
19%
bshag4lvstoryyaelias24rudolphaimhappyMi9shaoscarelemmelekokoro80friendlysimmersANNETTE1951cchant86simfriend1968loubyloulouSjofnMysteriousConcludemueller_liteelelunicyWinifred_WillowEnkiSchmidtDominicLaurence 36 votes
Disabled
70%
crocobauraCK213Stace1234566Kita5399Sara1010PihavesorelegsnowIcewolfLaBlue0314alan650111OolonglongCabelle1863BlkBarbiegalBluebeard45MartinvWrenryJueJueAprilDawnCamkatMelisendremcrudd 134 votes
Depends on the save file
10%
Akl500PSimpatsyannfreindlylolmlmeadowsashcrash19JACKIEJOYHarukotyanZeldaboy180kristenleighwhiteSorak4verfensAineMDianaSimsSERVERFRARememberJoypopstarsleyPlumbeebKimmerReaganbogan 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Disabled
    I have it all disabled, the NAPs because it is just too much, and the other because of the white screen lag it causes.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Disabled
    I have it all disabled. I regret buying Echo Living, but still use some of the EL build and buy stuff.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Enabled
    Enabled. Once they get to four NAPs in a neighbourhood, then it's maxed out and there's no NPC repeal voting. So once you get the NAPs set up the way you want, then it stays the way you want.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Disabled
    simvasion wrote: »
    Enabled. Once they get to four NAPs in a neighbourhood, then it's maxed out and there's no NPC repeal voting. So once you get the NAPs set up the way you want, then it stays the way you want.

@simvasion i don't think i understand... can i ask you to explain better? Sorry, im not an english speaker....
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled, waaaaaaay too broken for my liking.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled it as soon as I found my sims restaurant being stripped bare by sharing is caring. Sadly I was too late as there's already NAPs enacted in every neighborhood and it would take forever to get rid of them all.

Wish there was an option to delete all NAPs from all neighborhoods in one click (the existing feature only stops new ones being added it doesn't turn them off) but alas. Also very painful how you can only change them in the neighborhood your sim lives in, you can't even cheat it without living in that neighborhood for some unknown reason.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2020
    Disabled
    Disabled, but I was going to do this bugs or not. I like to control the world, not let the little pixels have their RNG choices. Seriously, though, I understand that it was pushed as a selling point to make neighbors feel more alive and I do like what I can do with NAPs, but asking a Sim doll that I have not bothered to imagine a personality for if I can do A or B offends my inner control freak. I appreciate the option and the realistic story telling it can do, but I doubt I would ever use it anyway.

NAPs on the other hand can be fun themselves. They do need fixing, though, since all my uncontrolled Sims talk about fishing when they have no skill and have never fished a day in their lives.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Disabled
    I read in the game settings that Echo isnt supposed to effect Strangeville, yet someone or someones were constanly stealing things from the library, I was constantly hvaing to replace the chess table, computers, sofa and book cases. even after I changed one of the traits from Conviniel to study spot. I hadnt realised Conviniel also means a good place to get up to mischief, but they were still stealing after I changed it. My alien sim did a mind probe on the sim I thought was doing it but he isnt a thief. anyway I turned NAPs off to vote. also My sims can still vote via the letter box even though they live in Strangeville, so I wonder what area there supposed to be voting for??? and shaing and caring wasn't one of the ones chosen. this echo is too glitchy.
  • Options
    PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    Tbh, I did not even noticed this was an option lol. I should disable this, I hate it that in every saved game I end up with "sharing is caring". Whenever a Sim tries to come by my place, I feel like I should kick them out before they start stealing.
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Enabled
    I like the idea of my sims not being able to call ALL the shots despite being CEOs, High Judges and world-renowned professional basketball players. Sadly with how easy it is to accumulate votes the npc do not stand a chance, not even when my played sims vote for different NAPs.

I play by a houserule, though: Whenever my sims manage to repeal a NAP, I cheat that one away immediately, without waiting for the voting period to end.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Disabled
    I love the eco footprint but I am waiting a bit with using the N.A.P.s.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Disabled
    I read in the game settings that Echo isnt supposed to effect Strangeville, yet someone or someones were constanly stealing things from the library, I was constantly hvaing to replace the chess table, computers, sofa and book cases. even after I changed one of the traits from Conviniel to study spot. I hadnt realised Conviniel also means a good place to get up to mischief, but they were still stealing after I changed it. My alien sim did a mind probe on the sim I thought was doing it but he isnt a thief. anyway I turned NAPs off to vote. also My sims can still vote via the letter box even though they live in Strangeville, so I wonder what area there supposed to be voting for??? and shaing and caring wasn't one of the ones chosen. this echo is too glitchy.

As far as I'm aware, changing the environment and eco footprint doesn't work in Strangerville but NAPs do. I haven't checked myself though so I'm not 100%. Also which neighborhood in Strangerville were your sims living in? If they were in the mountain area where most the houses are changing the NAPs there wouldn't affect the town area (the one with the library and the bar)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Disabled
    Onverser wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, changing the environment and eco footprint doesn't work in Strangerville but NAPs do. I haven't checked myself though so I'm not 100%. Also which neighborhood in Strangerville were your sims living in? If they were in the mountain area where most the houses are changing the NAPs there wouldn't affect the town area (the one with the library and the bar)

I was playing the sim in the aircraft crash lot, I made him younger with an alien wife.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled because I'm a control freak about it. I do enact some of the one's that are unliked though - just in areas I feel it's appropriate.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Disabled
    For now I have disabled the NPC voting plus all the eco effects. Trying to play while figuring out how everything fits together isn't adding any fun to my gaming sessions. That doesn't necessarily mean it will stay this way, but until I have more time to play and take the time to experiment, I'm content leaving my worlds in a neutral state and ban the NPCs from voting. How quickly the footprint changes is one of my main issues. Once that can be controlled a bit better and the gardening issues are fixed, I'll be a lot happier with the pack in general.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I have mine enabled and have not bothered to disable it maybe because I haven't played Sims in months, Sims 4 really not my cup of tea.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Disabled
    Boy have I been lucky. I disabled NAPs in my legacy save, but started a new save when NK came out. I have been playing the entire Prospects neighborhood in Oasis Springs with a group of young families and never gave a thought to NAPs. After reading this thread I checked and discovered that the two enacted NAPs were arts and clean energy. With the next round of voting I will be ready and enact another innocuous NAP. And I will just continue to sell those balls of clay turning up in inventories.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Enabled
    Enabled but since there's 4 NAPs I cannot stand, whenever I see one winning the vote I either vote heavily for something else or, if due rotation it goes through I cheat it out immediately. If some hoods I go to often enough have one of these crappy NAPs I go in and delete it. I do like the challenges that the other NAPs provide.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled because I have ideas what I want my neighbourhoods to be like and very random AI voting doesn't match with them. I play rotationally and that's one reason I need to control all of the neighbourhoods. This is coming from someone who is not a control freak and likes a bit of chaos. It's just too much lol.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Enabled
    I have them enabled mainly because the concept of NAP’s are a game play feature I’ve been wanting since a while ago. If I experience a buggy NAP I simply disable it with cheats and avoid it. But other than the buggy ones I’m really enjoying the feature, there’s so much variety with how different neighbourhoods behave from one another.
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled because of the bugs.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Disabled
    Stealing is not Caring it's Illegal. Taking another Sims stuff without there permission is called Stealing. Get a job and buy your own stuff.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Depends on the save file
    I have them enabled only on two saves, on my actual Eco Lifestyle save and on another one with a serial romantic alien (gotta have free love for her). l'm also planning a chaos save, in which I would let NAPs be freely voted by other Sims.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Crazy so far 78% don't even use a major feature of a expansion they purchased I fully understand why this should really give the Guru's a hint at what they're doing wrong if they were paying attention.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"