Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you think Sims 4 has no game-breaking bugs

Well, spoiler alter!

isCuKyA.jpg

No seriously, this is a bug you get with students who live in Britechester. I looked it up on Answers HQ and 338 people had it also.

I was just trying to get my sim to class but clicking on the "go to class" button did nothing, I was clicking and clicking and still nothing happened. So I saved the game, restarted it and boom. Can't enter this family anymore.
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Foxbury it is then!

Seriously, that's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.

What happens if you move the family from the neighbourhood screen? I've fixed similar issues with households this way, it might work here? Or can you not get into the neighbourhood at all?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Gosh, good to know. I think what Camkat said might work, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, it gave me a similar error, but it seemed to be fixed when I moved out two members of the household. And I just moved two Sims, not the whole household. Good luck and keep us updated! :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Foxbury it is then!

Seriously, that's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.

What happens if you move the family from the neighbourhood screen? I've fixed similar issues with households this way, it might work here? Or can you not get into the neighbourhood at all?

@Camkat I'm not entirely sure because I have never removed a student from University housing during the term so I am kind of scared of losing university credit, but I will try that and I guess I just won't save the game. I can get into other families I just can't enter the campus of britechester
    Gosh, good to know. I think what Camkat said might work, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, it gave me a similar error, but it seemed to be fixed when I moved out two members of the household. And I just moved two Sims, not the whole household. Good luck and keep us updated! :)

@gothprincess4ever Okay, I will try that right away and if I manage to fix it I'll post a reply
    I've never tried moving a uni student mid term, but I would hope that it doesn't affect their progress, as long as you don't play a different household during the move. You bring up a good point to be nervous about though! Good luck!
    Well I just moved them out and turns out I still can't enter that particular household, same error code every time no matter where they live. That family is just broken.
    Also after moving them to another house in neighborhood view I immediately tried to move them back to their dorm and it said that they can only move to the dorm through university enrollment so yeah, they lost that too.
    But I didn't save.
    Well I just moved them out and turns out I still can't enter that particular household, same error code every time no matter where they live. That family is just broken.
    Also after moving them to another house in neighborhood view I immediately tried to move them back to their dorm and it said that they can only move to the dorm through university enrollment so yeah, they lost that too.
    But I didn't save.

Awww! I was hoping that would work. :(

That really sucks and looks like there's nothing you can do but wait for a patch? I'd be so annoyed. I'm annoyed for you! Smart for not saving while you were testing though. Maybe someone else has some other ideas that could help.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don’t understand the bug because I have never had that problem and my sims have lived in Britechester.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've had this bug a few times but not while playing DU. (Maybe once was when I had a student in Britchester, can't recall for sure, but other times I didn't as I barely play that pack, so there are other triggers for it too) When my student was there, I never moved her
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Corrupted households are difficult to fix.

Best solution for me, which is not a great one, is to load older saves and backup saves until you can play that household again, and then try to not do whatever caused them to be corrupted in the first place.
    logion wrote: »
    Corrupted households are difficult to fix.

Best solution for me, which is not a great one, is to load older saves and backup saves until you can play that household again, and then try to not do whatever caused them to be corrupted in the first place.

I have an older save but I would have to replay the WHOLE term. Oh God.
    I will try to repair the game and see if it helps but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that's really a bummer.
    I've had this bug a few times but not while playing DU. (Maybe once was when I had a student in Britchester, can't recall for sure, but other times I didn't as I barely play that pack, so there are other triggers for it too) When my student was there, I never moved her

@SimAlexandria were you able to fix it or did you just load up an older save?

When I restarted the game it fixed itself but upon loading booted me out with the same thing within seconds.. So the next time I loaded.. Save as immediately with a diff save file name and then reloaded again into the new save and that one ran fine.

When I restarted the game it fixed itself but upon loading booted me out with the same thing within seconds.. So the next time I loaded.. Save as immediately with a diff save file name and then reloaded again into the new save and that one ran fine.

@SimAlexandria thanks so much I managed to fix it that way

@SimAlexandria thanks so much I managed to fix it that way

Yw! I'm glad it worked for you!