Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compatible Mods?

my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
edited August 2020 in General Mods Discussion
Apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section...

I just started playing TS4 after years of playing TS3 so I know the general ins and outs of how to troubleshoot mods and locate the one that is not playing nice with the exception of this time. I am at a loss. I have no idea how to fix this issue or what the problem might be. I have been following threads on this site mentioning updated Mods after updates. I have also just started playing so while I do have a lot of mods added at this point most have been installed within the last couple of months.
So to start off with - these are the mods I have in my game that I would like to double-check to see if anyone knows for sure if they are all compatible...

-- MC Command Center + Woohoo
-- Slice of Life
-- Personality Please
-- Realistic Reactions
-- Contextual Social Interactions
-- Psychic Sims v0.95
-- Meaningful Stories

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Thank you!
Post edited by my1helopilot on

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    For a time I had Meaningful Stories in my game, plus a version of MCCC that was current at that time. Those two were completely compatible in my game. I'm going to hazard a guess that Slice of Life isn't compatible with Personality Please, since it has its own personality system. I would remove SOL or Personality Please to see which is the culprit. I do know that SOL works well with both Meaningful Stories and MCCC, as I had all three in my game at the same time. I've never even heard of the other ones you have on your list.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck! I think I'm going to check into some of the other ones on your list. I'm intrigued.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited August 2020
    Slice of Life is compatible with Have Some Personality Please. Best to be sure before you give someone advice ;)
  • my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    Thank you both for your help. I found a comment by Polarbearsims confirming SOL and Personality Please are compatible with each other. I have not found any evidence so far to suggest any of the mods I listed conflict with each other.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I have Contextual Social Interactions which is new, I think it came out on Mod The Sims a month or so ago? It's compatible with MCCC and also SOL because I have those in my game. I had Realistic Reactions at one time and it was all compatible but I never really understood how it was supposed to work because I never saw a change in what my Sims were doing.
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    Are you actually having mod issues or are you asking preemptively? It's not too clear to me. :)

If you use the Cheating Module of Contextual Social Interactions, it won't play super well with the cheating related part of Realistic Reactions. If I am not mistaken, RR in its last version merged all of its modules (by the way, have you updated RR, it got a very recent update, and not having the latest version could cause issues). So don't use the Cheating Module of CSI at the same time as RR. It won't cause an open conflict or error in theory, it'll just kind of step all over each other. As in, both impact what happens when cheating is going on, and they may have contradictory effect, of too strong effects when put together.

I use all mods you mentioned, except the WooHoo module of MCCC and Realistic Reactions, and test all my mods alongside those. Psychic Sims and CSI are my mods and I can confirm that they do not conflict with anything on this list, to the exception of the little caveat I just mentioned, which is easily solved by picking either RR or the cheating module of CSI (for users of Realistic Reactions, I advise sticking to Realistic Reactions for a richer experience, since it does more stuff!).

Hope this helps. Best!
  • my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    Thank you Lumpinou for the useful information. Ever since ECO came out I have been having a few random errors popping up. The more disruptive errors in the game have been fixed now I'm stuck with ones that pop up at random hours/days later into the game. I have Better Exceptions installed and it has not been very helpful pointing out the cause of the errors. Mod Conflict Detector also hasn't been much help this time. I have tried removing mods and gradually adding them back into the game and I have also double checked to see if all my Mods are updated. No idea at this point but I am glad to hear that those I listed are compatible and I won't have to remove any of them (except, of course, the CSI cheat module which I have removed).
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    Thank you Lumpinou for the useful information. Ever since ECO came out I have been having a few random errors popping up. The more disruptive errors in the game have been fixed now I'm stuck with ones that pop up at random hours/days later into the game. I have Better Exceptions installed and it has not been very helpful pointing out the cause of the errors. Mod Conflict Detector also hasn't been much help this time. I have tried removing mods and gradually adding them back into the game and I have also double checked to see if all my Mods are updated. No idea at this point but I am glad to hear that those I listed are compatible and I won't have to remove any of them (except, of course, the CSI cheat module which I have removed).

@my1helopilot
    Have you submitted your LE report on the discord for either Better Exceptions or MCCC? They'll help you decipher it :)