Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Final Round : Which Stuff Pack will you never buy - and why?

Β«13
Packs have been put together in similar categories - please specify :)

Final Round : Which Stuff Pack will you never buy - and why? 79 votes

Luxury Party / Vintage Glamour
3%
Khrisstynenerdfashionmuze 3 votes
Perfect Patio / Romantic Garden / Backyard
5%
EvilWitch83Atreya33faeriedusteCavapoo_King 4 votes
Cool Kitchen / Laundry Day
2%
Alwe1507AngeliqueAdelaide 2 votes
Spooky Stuff
16%
babajaynestilljustme2skybird14DoloresGreylouloupinneduphairHopeyStarrBecka28Ellupelluelluchons95orenjiAiSthenastiamrtnsab 13 votes
Movie Hangout / Bowling Night
2%
ParmaViolet87SimAlexandria 2 votes
Kid's Room / Toddler
6%
ravynwolvfOnverserGrumpyGlowfisheternalrainnMagicaCat 5 votes
Fitness / Nifty Knitting
6%
glory_joyDoodlyDoofusKoteykaInuMiroLoverinvadethecity 5 votes
My First Pet
43%
icmnfrshOmri147JueJuekeekee53JestTruBluellemy1helopilotLustianiciataydevmotdkcharmed4life4mannannaRipleyrawrfoxybillybixtersAPottsSelinaKylesThenyoukissmeCandeIoromogshaz 34 votes
Moschino
8%
elemmeleAquariusMomannaliese39gnelso1239garapoesFlapLoveMyMeow 7 votes
Tiny Living
5%
VersusVeritastexxx78EnkiSchmidtDaephene 4 votes

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    It's a shame I can only vote for one...Stuff Packs look the most disappointing for me tbh. Unnecessary DLC to flesh out the game.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Movie Hangout / Bowling Night
    I have them all, so I voted for the one I regret buying and would not buy again if I could have a do over haha. (The option said movie night/bowling... so to be clear, I'm voting for Bowling. I don't enjoy the pack and don't like the CAS... I got it 50% off and stil not worth it to me. On the other hand, movie night is one of my alll time favs haha).

Romantic Garden would probaby be pretty high on that list too though. Not a fan.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Luxury Party / Vintage Glamour
    I feel like there is nothing in luxury party stuff..
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    Fitness / Nifty Knitting
    I don't have My First Pet because DLC for DLC.....that's just wrong, I don't have much integrity but I cannot stand by buying DLC for DLC. I also don't have Moschino, because I really don't see the need for buying a stuff pack based on some designer I never heard of, I never bought the Ikea Stuff for Sims 2 (but I do own it thanks to EA giving me the Ultimate Collection since they know I own The Sims 2!) and I LOVE shopping at Ikea, so no reason for me to buy that. I also don't have Tiny Living....Now listen, ironically, I'm probably more environmental than a lot of people that were going YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS for Eco Living...But that being said, I don't care about my Sims living environmentally responsible. I bought Island Living not knowing that they were trying to go for a more eco friendly pack with the conversationalist career, but other than that any of these other packs that have an eco friendly playstyle is just not my cup of tea.

And then there's Nifty Knitting....the only other Stuff pack I don't own. 1, I am still salty that Happy Haunts lost. 2, I just don't like knitting! So it's up there with that Moschino pack as it's just not something I even like. But at least in the Moschino pack's defense, it does have that cool camera thing I could buy it for, the Knitting....nothing appeals to me there.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Perfect Patio / Romantic Garden / Backyard
    My vote goes to perfect patio. For my the 'hero object' or gameplay is often the reason why I buy a pack. Ever since the 20th anniversary patch added the only gameplay object of this pack to the base game, the pack has lost its purpose.

Also in general I use little of these gardening packs.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My First Pet
    I just can't with that stuff pack.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    My First Pet
    I don't care much for the idea of DLC for DLC, which is exactly what 'My First Pet' is.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tiny Living
    I have them all but i voted for Tiny Living cause i don't like the hero object and i find no use for the building thing...
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have them all except Nifty Knitting. One I was considering to skip was Tiny Living, but got it in a last sale. 5€ is not much for something I'll use anyway. Also I want to say that Luxury Party is better than I expected xD
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2020
    These two, plus knitting and tiny living. Not my theme.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can't decide which is the least interesting for me to buy: Bowling, Moschino, My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Toddler or Cool Kitchen stuff. Spooky stuff is also barely not included in my list, because I'm a little bit interested in throwing spooky parties, but I still most likely won't buy it. I think all of these packs have something nice, but it is so little that I just can't imagine buying them, not even 50% off.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Have them all so can't vote. I now cannot remember what came from which as they've all been useful from a building point of view.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't really see the similarities between fitness and nifty knitting, but all the others are grouped quite well. I have all stuff pack but Moschino was the one I had the least interest in.
    I don't know which one is my least favourite, I use bits and pieces from all of them.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2020
    Kid's Room / Toddler
    Kids Room/Toddler - I delete any kids from my game so it's pointless really πŸ˜‚ Also Laundry Day cuz... why?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Kid's Room / Toddler
    Can I just say all of them? The only ones I have are tiny living, toddler stuff, moschino stuff and backyard stuff. I have no desire to get any of the others.

Probably the ones I'm least likely to ever want are perfect patio and kids room. I don't play with kids and the hot tub is now in the base game and it's terrible and definitely not worth paying for. I think in the Bafroom CC set they have a hot tub that's identical to the perfect patio one and works in the base game so there's no need to get the pack for nicer looking hot tubs.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have them all and I don't regret buying any of them.
    They're not expensive and I like at least something on every one of them. Luxury Party is my least favorite, but it also has few items I like.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    My First Pet
    No matter if I liked or didn't like the objects that came in this pack, it is still DLC for a DLC and it could have easily been included with Cats and Dogs. No way I'm supporting that pack, it doesn't matter if it's 90% off I still won't support something like this.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Spooky Stuff
    In general I like the most of Stuff Packs but I am buying them on sales in PS Store and as a part of bundles. Spooky Stuff is the one stuff pack which is totally not for me. I have this only because it was in Seasons + Jungle Adventure bundle with -50% discount.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have them all. I feel 10 bucks isn't too bad even if there are only a few things I might use on a regular basis. I hate My First Pet but I often give premade kids hamsters/rats or use that one tile desk a lot in builds.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tell me why ain't nothing but a heartache: Perfect patio
    Worst: Cool kitchen
    Worse: My first pet
    Bad:luxury party
    Meh: Bowling night

i mean i may get luxury party or bowling if i get them almost free cause there is couple items that interest me

but all these packs are just offending my very being

like with luxury party i really like some items but the pack is so small it makes me angry they should have pulled some gatsby level razzledazzle to make it worth being a pack at all like come on such missed opportunity

cool kitchen stuff? only icecream everything else is ugly and its not even much of "kitchen stuff" anyway

my first pet? hate dressing animals furniture is ugly aside from pets stuff and the weird rug
    rodents arguably could be fun but i never played them in older sims either

bowling ? - just feels kinda meh idk i mean i guess i like few items and it be nice to have new things for my venues but its not high on my priority list so ill probably never get to it anyway

id also really like to not buy perfect patio cause there is no reason for that to be pack in all seriousness and they should have never made it one but i just might cause roof on the base game hot tub is making me mega angry
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: Β»
    My vote goes to perfect patio. For my the 'hero object' or gameplay is often the reason why I buy a pack. Ever since the 20th anniversary patch added the only gameplay object of this pack to the base game, the pack has lost its purpose.

Also in general I use little of these gardening packs.

@Atreya33 What do you mean by "the Hero object"?

What did the patch add?
    Have them all so can't vote. I now cannot remember what came from which as they've all been useful from a building point of view.

@Simburian Feel free to vote for a pack you regret buying? :)

@MDianaSims I went with "hobby" as a similarity - it was a squeeze but I only had 10 poll options and couldn't add "own them all" or "regret buying" options :(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2020
    My First Pet
    I did buy it back then when it was released, but there was really not many things I liked in that pack. I don't even like the small pets, they are biting my sims for no reason.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Tiny Living
    I am not a builder, and the main purpose of the pack is the challenge of building tiny homes, so it doesn't appeal. There are items I like in it, so if it was offered to me free I'd take it, but the minimal content I would use from it isn't worth paying even half price for.

I do think it's a nice pack, for builders.

If I didn't own perfect patio I probably would not buy it since there's a hot tub in the base game now, but I don't regret it either. I actually haven't used the free one yet because the perfect patio versions have fit in better on my lots.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    My First Pet
    The fact that 'My First Pet' isn't winning this poll by a huge margin speaks volumes about the Sims fan base... :| And that's NOT a good thing. It's just more proof that people will buy literally anything EA puts out... and will like it.

"I'm a Sims fan... and I love being ripped off by paying extra money for content we should've already gotten! lol It's so quirky! ^_^ I love it!!!"

^ This is the mindset that's ruining the franchise... EA literally thinks it's perfectly fine to keep releasing these pointless packs because certain players give them the "okay" to do it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Spooky Stuff
    Spooky Stuff. The only reason I sometimes get tempted to buy it is for the costumes. But a pack dedicated to one holiday does not seem like it would add very much gameplay value to my game. I already don’t use the holiday feature from Seasons often, because I find it gets repetitive.