Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella making the most important videos <3.

I hope the gurus listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA3IjVQBld0

...and if they don't it will still make me angry that they listened to LilSimsie of getting cowplants named..

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited August 2020
    I agree. We need more skin tones, or better yet a color wheel in cas. I like Lilsimsie but I kinda wish she had used her platform for something else than naming the cowplants. Even though it's nice that we can name them now.

...and if they don't it will still make me angry that they listened to LilSimsie of getting cowplants named..

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I agree. We need more skin tones, or better yet a color wheel in cas. I like Lilsimsie but I kinda wish she had used her platform for something else than naming the cowplants. Even though it's nice that we can name them now.

IF they don't bother to listen to Plumbella but have the audacity to listen to Lilsimsie's dumb request...I'm throwing my computer out the window.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member

Some of the dark skin tones are super bad :(
    Best example:
    fgV7ubV.png
    REALLY?????
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Best example:
    fgV7ubV.png
    REALLY?????

:( Oh my god that's horrible.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    IF they don't bother to listen to Plumbella but have the audacity to listen to Lilsimsie's dumb request...I'm throwing my computer out the window.

At first, I had no idea that the cowplant thing was requested by Lilsimsie, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I found out. It's such a pointless feature.

I really hope they listen to Plumbella too, because they don't seem to be listening to any of us.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Best example:
    fgV7ubV.png
    REALLY?????

:( Oh my god that's horrible.

Yep. When I first saw it I assumed it was because of bad graphics of my old laptop, but when it was like that in my new machine too, I was very dissapointed. It does not look that bad if not zoomed so close, but now than I KNOW it is like that, I see (or think I see) it, no matter how far the pic is taken :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited August 2020
    my dilemma is i really think we need more skintones too for the sake of diversity

but at the same time i wish they keep the old swatches as option too if they do slider

because i remember with ts3 sliders i could never get the tone i wanted it always looked wrong like green or yellowy or blue or tan or red or whatever and with ts4 its like click and done for me

+also just cause i just feel like the swatched tones look more detailed with undertones and such than what we had with slider
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2020
    Best example:
    fgV7ubV.png
    REALLY?????

I think it only looks like that when compression is on. Turning it off should fix that, I believe.

Still, we need way more shades. My kid introduced the game to a friend and the first thing she said was that she couldn't find her skin tone.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Adding the ability to name cow plants was very easy and more than just lilsimsie asked for it. You could name your bike and wall of meat but not your cow plant.

I hope they will add more skin tones, and soon, but I realize that takes a bit more time.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I think they're already working on improved skin tones, personality, and relationships. Just like toddlers were being worked on the entire time the community was complaining and boycotting and petitioning.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Lots of black Simmers, even black Game Changers, have been posting videos and commentary about this for years. I’m glad others have joined in, and hopefully it happens soon. But then it would be kind of sad that brown voices weren’t heard without support of the more peach-huetubers.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Good video, but I doubt Maxis will ever do something about it.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Lots of black Simmers, even black Game Changers, have been posting videos and commentary about this for years. I’m glad others have joined in, and hopefully it happens soon. But then it would be kind of sad that brown voices weren’t heard without support of the more peach-huetubers.

I agree :/, esp since poc gamechangers like xmiramira have been asking for it for a while - it's not like they're small names or anything in the sims community. If doing a slider was impossible, it would be nice at least to see her melanin swatches make it into the game, esp for console players who can't get cc- apparently she's down for a collab even. Would also like improved olive/dark olive swatches (not sure if her pack covers them, as I haven't installed it), as the current offering is kinda jaundice...

Other than skin tones, definitely would like to see more base game natural hair + baby hair on the diversity side of things, and increased swatches for eyes/hair overall.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think they're already working on improved skin tones, personality, and relationships. Just like toddlers were being worked on the entire time the community was complaining and boycotting and petitioning.

and rightly so...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm glad more people are speaking up, but I do think they've been working on it. It's likely a huge a task since it wasn't base game, especially if they want to fix it with a colour wheel or sliders instead of just adding more swatches. To be fair, lilsimsie's little naming cowplant was likely an easy fix and that's why it did get done first.

I'm also glad she mentioned hairs and eye colour too. A colour wheel or some sliders would just fix everything.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't see why they can't add more, obviously with hair it's hard as they'd have to change 500 different hairstyles and their swatches but skin tones is just the same for all sims, it really isn't that hard to just up the brightness, down the shadows on the existing skin files to create more skin tones. Even a colour slider wouldn't be that complex to add for skins.

The existing dark swatches are really weird toned, for some reason they're either weirdly purple toned or weirdly red toned. The pale ones aren't much better either to be honest. Half of them are weirdly yellow toned and the tan skin tones are severely lacking.

They managed to add tons of new skin tones with the Island Living tanning and tons of CC creators have done it so it really isn't that hard.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Lilsimsie just posted a video about this too :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgC9bv0AZQs
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

So, since they've listened to lilsimsie before, we know there's a chance now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love Plumbella, but Xmiramira and others have been trying to point this out for years now.
    edited August 2020

Can't help but notice she posted the exactly same thumbnail as Plumbella??? but with the skin selected differently >.< Ah well, least she made a video I guess...(don't much care for her)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Can we get more black hairstyles while we're at it? I mean CCs got me covered but for people who havent found some good ones yet or dont use CC are at a loss
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    Maxis are awfully quiet about it.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2020
    logion wrote: »

The say all the time they cannot comment on future content. So that doesn’t surprise me, I think they will update skin tones sooner rather than later, but they aren’t likely to say anything until they’re ready to execute it.
    logion wrote: »

The say all the time they cannot comment on future content. So that doesn’t surprise me, I think they will update skin tones sooner rather than later, but they aren’t likely to say anything until they’re ready to execute it.

I honestly think that excuse **not being able to comment on future content** a loud of bull...