Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better traits and trait system for Sims 5

Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
At this point I’m doubtful that TS4 will get a good trait overhaul. I think the Sims 5 needs to go back to the trait system from TS3. Also wouldn’t mind dumping the emotion system if it meant we got better personalities overall. I want sims to actually standout. Not just get a few temporary buffs due to a trait they may have. Also please give us 5 trait slots again, maybe even 6 or 7. Children only get one trait slot in TS4 and that’s just laughable. They had three in TS3 and adults got 5.

What are some traits you’d like to see implemented in the fifth installment of the series? Also please put vegetarian and unflirty traits in the base game. I find it silly that these were only added in an expansion.
t0j4i8.jpg

Comments

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I don't mind the emotions I just wish there were levels that made more sense. Over some things that I would consider to be minor they act like they have a severe case of clinical depression
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I really liked the zodiac system in TS2, do you guys remember that? You could pick a zodiac sign for your sim, but then tweak it, there were 25 little ticks that you could add to or subtract certain things, like if you wanted your person to be a little more lazy, add a few extra ticks, if you wanted your person to be really outgoing add a bunch, I really liked the give and take of that system.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I really liked the zodiac system in TS2, do you guys remember that? You could pick a zodiac sign for your sim, but then tweak it, there were 25 little ticks that you could add to or subtract certain things, like if you wanted your person to be a little more lazy, add a few extra ticks, if you wanted your person to be really outgoing add a bunch, I really liked the give and take of that system.

i remember it, but it's one of the things that makes me not like Sims 2 sims, that and the attraction system makes them all really annoying and boring for my gameplay style. I definitely don't want to go back to that style haha.

I like the way they are right now but with some tweaking. Like add in non-mutual relationships, and have it so that when they mourn it's for diff amounts of time depending on their relationship with the sim that passed away, etc. Also adding some more menu actions for certain traits that you can click on if you want them to do those things.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    I have to agree, the trait system in the Sims 4 is a big disappoint. If anything, there should have been more personality trait slots and not less. Things like being a vegetarian, also should not be traits. Diet should be a separate thing that we can determine every sim in create a sim. I would love it, if we could make is so that all of our sims had certain foods that they loved, and foods that they hated so much, that they would never eat them, unless they were starving to death, and even than they would get a negative moodlet for eating them.
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    I wish there will be 16 Zodiac Signs: Aries, Taurus, Orion, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Crater, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Ophiuchus, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pegasus and Pisces and 9 planets: sun, Mercury, Venus, moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. I hope there will be 8 visible traits and 1 hidden trait(because Neptune is unvisible) for every Sims, 16x8=128 visible traits, 16 hidden traits and 16x9=144 traits in total.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).