Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we get empty worlds to build up ourselves?

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yes, I would love to get empty worlds, but only if they are free
    Yes, but they would ideally be free. But if they were low cost $5 or less I'd still pay for another one or two.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes, I would love to get empty worlds and would be willing to pay for them
    If it came in a pack with several worlds, I'd be willing to pay for them. Not EP prices but I'd pay stuff pack prices for this.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'd prefer different country style templates to fill. I wouldn't mind paying a small amount for each that I wanted.

Just trees, waterways and hedges, no buildings.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    No, I do not want empty worlds regardless of whether we have to pay or not
    I don't want empty worlds. I love having venues or homes, or some empty lots already in game, if I don't use what is there it can often help me think of what I could do with the place to make what I want instead or renovate and keep it what it is. If others want that option that's fine to give them that, just please dont make it that or nothing so that all types of players are included
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    New worlds are always welcome, but I would love more a create a world tool that at least allow us to edit the current neighbourhoods and add or remove lots.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I don't care so much for completely empty worlds. I would like what they had in previous games: being able to place lots in empty spaces. But, in order to get that, we'd need bigger worlds which is another problem *sigh*
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I don't think we need pre-emptied worlds, because, although it IS a pain to clear EVERY lot individually if I want more open lots, I CAN manually empty every lot!
    😻CAMFAM2018
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have no opinion on this/I don't care whether this happens or not
    hberk731 wrote: »
    i voted no, just because look at newcrest, practically no one plays in it and when you do fill it up it feels weird to play in! I know this is a unpopular opinion but....

Really? Newcrest is one of my most played in world's! Until Sulani came out I chose it almost every time haha
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Doesn't matter to me. Newcrest is one of my Fav worlds but I can empty any world by deleting the other buildings and playing without them
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I would definitely have to say Yes. I mean, I was just thinking about this the other day. We could select from a range of design choices like forest, desert, beach, suburban or go custom like a creepy, mistifilled world where there is no sunlight. This would be ideal for Vampires.
    2quwd7.gif

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    No, I do not want empty worlds regardless of whether we have to pay or not
    They would feel too empty, there wouldn't be any decor outside the lots and too many lots would make the game files unmanageable for amny computers and prone to corruption.
    Happy simming!
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I use Newcrest more than any other world.

Me, too... LOL! :)

But — I also typically just delete all the premade lots and save those worlds after the lots are deleted. It's a very manual, labor-intensive process.

Hopefully The Sims team have data on which worlds are used the most. But I hope they know whether or not we bulldoze all the lots to make them our own! I'm not always in the mood for the Newcrest surrounding architecture... (:
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd prefer a CAW tool I prefer the worlds be my own and the style I see fit. With how it is now I'd actually prefer empty worlds seeing as I have to delete the premade lots as is. Also Newcrest is one of my favorite worlds because it does not have a set forced style and you can make the "world" look how you want without it looking completely out of place.

I wouldn't mind a CAW tool if it let us choose the theme of the world similar to how you can choose what season to start a new game in or how you choose a theme for holidays on the calendar. Because then there can be a pre-set template for that vibe/theme that you have chosen and you can then build what you want accordingly.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    All worlds should start with buildings on them, but there should be a button to click if you want to bulldoze an entire world.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The game needs another world with empty lots like newcrest but not in the same background style as newcrest as that’s too boring (I hate the southern USA style housing it’s so limiting) added in a patch for base game. We usually get worlds with expansion and game packs. I usually bulldoze or edit the ea builds in all the worlds anyway so I would prefer an empty world. I’m still working my way through Brichester and evergreen harbour with editing some ea lots.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    this was one reason i liked the store in the sims 3..since not everyone has the same computer ...the store allowed folks to bloat their game to their hearts content...and really for folks who have the ability to run all of it well..they should have all of it.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    wickichick wrote: »
    this was one reason i liked the store in the sims 3..since not everyone has the same computer ...the store allowed folks to bloat their game to their hearts content...and really for folks who have the ability to run all of it well..they should have all of it.

I must have left The Sims 3 before it got the store, because I haven't the faintest memory of it, but it seems like my thing. Having a store for The Sims 4 would be awesome. I haven't bought so many of the packs, because I would be paying for so much content that I wouldn't use.

Having a store where we can pick and choose our build/buy items — and worlds — would be great. I wish we could upload towns to the Gallery, too!
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Sorry for being such a push-over, but I would pay for it. I interpret the idea as an empty world, including no premades as well.

Similar: I would also pay for any feature added to the game, that gives every world in it already, a trait similar to the islander trait for Sulani; to make the sims stay put in their own world.

An even better suggestion would be CAW for TS4..
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I already do empty my worlds.
    I even have four game saves of:
    1. Prehistoric Game Save
    2. Medieval Game Save
    3. 20th Century Game Save
    4. Futuristic Game Save
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I wouldn't want empty worlds unless they were something different. Newcrest has always felt like bloatware in my game
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I'd like a built-in Create A World, which could make me edit terrains and roads etc.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • KyletokKyletok Posts: 5 New Member
    Honestly, idk. I wouldn't mind one I guess, but we do get Newcrest to pretty much build ourselves. I am assuming it's the surroundings and the aesthetic of the neighborhood that you would like to control, which could be cool. Especially for people who like taking screenshots.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I would love a empty and Bigger world! So I can fill with lots of buildings.. Apartments, normal housing, hospital, a police station, vet, some retail stores, 3 or 4 kind of restaurants, the museum, the pub, the club, the gym, the spa... I love the careers mod from zerbu and sometimes I build job sites for my sims... All this in one world... I think the ones we have r too small.. Usually I use newcrest for business and other type of buildings that are not residential
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I like new big worlds and delete the lots myself anyways to rebuild from scratch. While it’d be nice to have a clean slate option from the get go, I think there are more valuable tasks that they could do otherwise.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Yes, I would love an empty Granite Falls (but with more lots), with noooo shells. Newcrest is cool, but I feel pressured to blend my builds in with all the shells in the background.