Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we get empty worlds to build up ourselves?

It would be nice although I am being a little too idealistic, but wouldn't it be great if we got free worlds that were empty for us to build up? I am thinking something like an island world, a vampire/supernatural world, a coastal world, a desert world, a mountainous world, a rural world, a city world - basically taking what EA/Maxis has provided in the various EPs but giving us more options by offering us an empty world like Newcrest that we could completely build. These worlds would have a variety of lot sizes and many lots available (because we are building everything for it). What do you think? Feel free to elaborate on what empty worlds themes you would like to see, if you are in favor of them.

Should we get empty worlds to build up ourselves? 131 votes

Yes, I would love to get empty worlds, but only if they are free
48%
sketchesSimburianamchristianAuroraBoreallisMariefoxprice83luthienrisingSuicidalSpidersalanmichael1cmbaker16BluelleBariSaxyAncientMuseKhrisstynemotdkjcp011c2ElimarnaFinvolaLaurenNumberOneChampandGirlieGemmie12 63 votes
Yes, I would love to get empty worlds and would be willing to pay for them
24%
JadeleineCamkatdanacnbrettloyallyroyalDamienf519catloverplayerMissyHissyKulthero777amcroceFoxrox77Babykittyjademmb_abrbixterscatitude5professorlilithdjthefunkchrisRedShoe7ManakoHimeSERVERFRAditzns 32 votes
No, I do not want empty worlds regardless of whether we have to pay or not
6%
friendlysimmerselelunicy83bienchenMondaysmurfy77nerdfashionKimmerNushkahberk731 9 votes
Other, please elaborate
13%
PlayerSinger2010wickichickkemoweryRamblineRoseCAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78ChadSims2pandie00EnkiSchmidtChicklet453681peragogoCoconut27YumengDaWaterRatRhiannonravenGiveMeADundieCAMFAM2018Cassiopeia_the_1sr 18 votes
I have no opinion on this/I don't care whether this happens or not
6%
TheSpotted_Csmurf45bluejoRN1414Evie0602Sims_all_dayRememberJoySimAlexandriapink_coco10Kyletok 9 votes

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    While we're at it, give create a world tool.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited August 2020
    they should just add template from every world we have in game but completely empty with 0 decoration

and we could add as many worlds as we please with "create a new world" thingy

sort of like how we had it with ts2

could also throw in some maps from ts 1&2

i absolutely detest newcrest though because of the overload of ugly fx houses i cant hide so no not like that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • hberk731hberk731 Posts: 3 New Member
    i voted no, just because look at newcrest, practically no one plays in it and when you do fill it up it feels weird to play in! I know this is a unpopular opinion but....
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nope. I've got way too much space as it is, and I don't want my map screen to be filled up with sudden empty worlds that I feel like I have to fill up eventually even though I have zero building talent whatsoever.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I like empty worlds and would hope for larger empty worlds.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2020
    izecson wrote: »
    While we're at it, give create a world tool.
    I have a feeling that EA is worried about saved game files getting too big, and that's why they haven't given us one and probably never will. Its the same reason they gave as to why we couldn't freely travel between worlds in the Sims 3. It maybe the ability to freely travel between worlds or the ability to create our own. Yes I heard that someone is developing a Create a World mod for the Sims 4, but even so, that's a mod, not anything official and there were mods that let you travel between worlds in the Sims 3 as well.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Nope. I've got way too much space as it is, and I don't want my map screen to be filled up with sudden empty worlds that I feel like I have to fill up eventually even though I have zero building talent whatsoever.

I don't and many if not most of the neighborhoods in the current worlds are designed specifically for residential or commercial venues, and usually when you try to mix the two, something about it looks bad.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    A Create-A-World (or Create-A-Town/Neighborhood?) Tool would be perfect for The Sims 4, if it's like the one in The Sims 3.

1.) We take more control of our game.
    2.) Brings back the god-mode aspect
    3.) Gives us the potential to feel more immersed during gameplay.
    4.) Couldn't they introduce a gallery category for "Worlds"? That would benefit both the players + EA.
    5.) More reasons and benefits... it would help the budding civil engineers... etc. ...

Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I'd prefer a CAW tool I prefer the worlds be my own and the style I see fit. With how it is now I'd actually prefer empty worlds seeing as I have to delete the premade lots as is. Also Newcrest is one of my favorite worlds because it does not have a set forced style and you can make the "world" look how you want without it looking completely out of place.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I would love that but only if it comes with a variety of climates and biosphere. I don't use Newcrest often cause it feels just like Willow Creek.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2020
    As much as I would love a CAW tool, if I could get some more empty worlds that would be great. That being said, I do not want a shell of every world we have. I want unique worlds with their own reasons to play. Love the base formula of Newcrest, and for a long time my main save was there with a completely filled out world, but it does not have the extra oomph of neighborhood space like later worlds.

Take Sulani for example. It has the scenery, swimming, waterfalls, the festivals, etc. If we could have an open world as interactive as that, it would be great and I would be willing to pay for it.

What I do not want is for an open world to take the place of a regular new world from an EP or a GP. To be honest, a good SP not aimed at gameplay containing a world and limited "stuff" would be perfect to me (the world being the onus and focus if it is not obvious). I think that is perfect because a GP is supposed to be a world and gameplay. Recently SPs, half of a GP, have been looking at gameplay to be worth their $10, however they could also do the other half, worlds.

I would not want every SP to be this, but it would shake up the formula in a way I would appreciate. Plus give me a more interesting world to truly take over.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I would love to have another empty world, right now I am using New Crest as my Legacy Sims home base but updating Willow Creek as the Shopping base. I don't mind paying for an empty world as looking as its got plenty of empty lots like New Crest.
  • LaurenNumberOneLaurenNumberOne Posts: 54 Member
    I wish they would add new areas in the existing worlds or make new worlds with interesting public areas and empty lots to build on. I do build in Newcrest because I needed more empty lots, but it is very similar in look and feel to Willow Creek.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    The tools to build it like another Planet & Medieval History.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    My "other" is a "yes and."

Yes, I want empty worlds. I also want to be able to create worlds from blank templates, placing any lots I want as long as they fit on the map.

I also also want the maps to actually look like the world. When you go from the world maps to the individual lots, there's often very little similarity between the two. Oasis Springs is a real bugbear for me because, for a world that looks like it's mostly desert, when you actually get down to the lots in build/buy mode, it's mostly grassy lots.

My absolute ideal would be all of the above--blank templates, place your own lots, accurate world maps--with terrain placement like in The Sim 2, so that you can place trees, rocks, other stuff even outside of lots if you want, up to and including buildings that are purely decorative shells. Or you can take the time to go in and make every single house and building in the world so that there's not a single building that can't be visited and/or purchased.

Plus, as long as I'm wishing, I'd also like to be able to set things like how sunny a lot is--is it almost always sunny, always sunny, perpetually overcast, incredibly rainy, foggy in the mornings, foggy all the time, shrouded in eternal night--and how long and how severe the seasons are. I have a friend from San Diego who laments that she lives in a place that has no seasons, just perpetual summer. Which I'd be up for since I don't seem to be able to find anywhere to live where the only season is autumn. There are jokes about how summer in England is a holiday that lasts one weekend. Or maybe this world has a monsoon season where every spring or summer is almost constant rain.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    Not like Newcrest, please. Ideally I'd place my own "canvas" for the backdrop, choose the style of the fake houses, the in-world objects and (for Seasons users) climate and whether rinks and stalls will spawn (and where). In Newcrest all of this was decided for me already, so although more space and variety isn't unwelcome I wouldn't pay for another world like this.

I think in some saves I'd be perfectly happy if I could just copy the backdrop of one world, let's say like Strangerville, over all the others, to give the impression that, for example, San Myshuno is a city an hour drive away from Strangerville.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I use Newcrest more than any other world.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I would love an empty world!

But ......

It depends:
    • Are you talking about them essentially just bulldozing all of the lots in the world and we'll still be stuck with those stupid fake houses?
    • Or are you talking about no fake buildings?

Cause it you mean a world with no fake buildings and just a backdrop of what that world is supposed to be, then ABSOLUTELY!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    kemowery wrote: »
    My "other" is a "yes and."

Yes, I want empty worlds. I also want to be able to create worlds from blank templates, placing any lots I want as long as they fit on the map.

I also also want the maps to actually look like the world. When you go from the world maps to the individual lots, there's often very little similarity between the two. Oasis Springs is a real bugbear for me because, for a world that looks like it's mostly desert, when you actually get down to the lots in build/buy mode, it's mostly grassy lots.

My absolute ideal would be all of the above--blank templates, place your own lots, accurate world maps--with terrain placement like in The Sim 2, so that you can place trees, rocks, other stuff even outside of lots if you want, up to and including buildings that are purely decorative shells. Or you can take the time to go in and make every single house and building in the world so that there's not a single building that can't be visited and/or purchased.

Plus, as long as I'm wishing, I'd also like to be able to set things like how sunny a lot is--is it almost always sunny, always sunny, perpetually overcast, incredibly rainy, foggy in the mornings, foggy all the time, shrouded in eternal night--and how long and how severe the seasons are. I have a friend from San Diego who laments that she lives in a place that has no seasons, just perpetual summer. Which I'd be up for since I don't seem to be able to find anywhere to live where the only season is autumn. There are jokes about how summer in England is a holiday that lasts one weekend. Or maybe this world has a monsoon season where every spring or summer is almost constant rain.

YES! I want everything you just said!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other, please elaborate
    For Sims 4, I'd like a Create your own World and District Tool, with a set of optional World traits that will determine the world's climate (if you have season's installed) or other unique elements such as dust storms, like in Oasis Springs, but much bigger.
    Any of these traits should have an impact on your sim. But for me building roads for cars would be an equally important asset...so ideally cars should come with a tool like this.

EDIT: and Fog. I'd love proper Fog in my worlds. From Light mists to dense, mysterious fogs.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have no opinion on this/I don't care whether this happens or not
    Mostly because I have a full save where I emptied every neighborhood and am working to make them my own. I've filled Newcrest, now I'm doing Windenberg. It's a lake house kind of world now.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I see no reason for me to be against free worlds but i would not pay for one because i have so much empty space as is. I should have voted the last voice really but i didnt read all of them lol.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    I'd be willing to pay for empty worlds - but only if we got a lot of them in the pack. I'm talking at least half a dozen, more like ten to twelve. And some additional Build/Buy assets. And this was the "finale" pack of TS4. (Create a World might be nice too.)

Otherwise they should be free.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Need more places for our Sims to go. Since the party invite system has been shut off the bars and nightclubs are boarded up. All we have is fishing and hanging out in a empty library. No more empty worlds.
  • djthefunkchrisdjthefunkchris Posts: 1 New Member
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I'd be willing to pay for empty worlds - but only if we got a lot of them in the pack. I'm talking at least half a dozen, more like ten to twelve. And some additional Build/Buy assets. And this was the "finale" pack of TS4. (Create a World might be nice too.)
    >
    > Otherwise they should be free.

Did this thread just die completely? I don't post because well, I don't play all the time. What would make me play more is more worlds. I feel like the one's we get are lacking in lots, and there should be two or three times more empty ones in every area. I'm going to be honest, I have no problem with just copy/pasting the ones you have already and adding them in as part 2, part 3, etc. I have two different saves of "Empty Worlds" with only a few sims from the original imported in. There is a couple of forums dedicated to doing this, and it's all because the regular worlds aren't big enough/don't have enough for new characters.