Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

File Bloat: Help on Restoring a couple IMG to *.package Files

yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
Even though I've always played with limited visits to WA/Traveler worlds and with GEN memories off, my save games would almost instantly bloom up over 100MB. When the sizes of my base hood and other WA/Traveler worlds hit 300MB+, that would be the day of the dreaded Error 12. So I'd have to clean files like TravelDB.package and *.nhd files for my base hood/other worlds in my save game due to the post WA/1.22 patch file bloat.

Followed the instructions at NRAAS here:

http://www.nraas.net/community/How-to-use-S3PE-to-clean-up-your-save-game

To use S3P3 and remove bloat files like IMGs etc. from the save game. But accidentally deleted a couple image icon/thumbnails for several CC objects in the process. The missing objects are all ATS Sandy's food maker objects (based off of Arsil's Generic Food Maker) that are located in the Small Appliances section of the Buy menu. Objects like a toaster, beer/milk glasses, a cereal box, and several former kitchen objects which were located in the buy mode sculpture menu. ATS3 converted these into food containers and you could run the Arsil Food Maker script on. Which let your sims get custom food from custom food menus or morsel sized food bites.

the good news: file sizes for *.nhd & package files are down by around 50%.
the bad news: the icons for some 6 or so food maker objects are missing in the Buy mode menu.

Worse yet, all of these object images were replaced with a shiny metal ball/orb. Their descriptions are still there (if you click on them) in Buy menu. And they work as they should when you buy them/place them in the world. But they're now all completely indistinguishable from each other. :(

I tried reinstalling ATS3 Sandy's NMPG overrides i.e. ATS3_overrides_foodmakers.package. Also reinstalled the CC objects which were affected. Also tried using older save versions. Even started a new test game using the vanilla SV hood and selecting a vanilla sim household. But the result was the same.

So it seems this issue is much deeper. Possibly related to whatever DCCache? folder files the game uses to create its new save game .nhd and TravelDB.package files from.

So I'm wondering if there was a workaround to this. If I could get a list of what the ResourceGroup ids was for each of these items (e.g. from ATS3 Sandy), then shouldn't it be possible to use S3PE, re-import these resources to the affected files and restore the TravelDB.package/.nhd files?