Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not-in-World Sims Deleted

Over the past few nights, I discovered that some Not-in-World, unplayed Sims to whom my played Sims had romantic relationships with have been deleted by the game. Some of my female Sims had the notion that as soon as they acquired a new lover, they took their photo and placed it on the wall. Now I notice that some of these Sims who never had a played household have disappeared. So now, my stunning Sim Mariko has photos of lovers that no longer exist.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Strange, the game does delete sims sometimes if you have many sims in your save to free up on memory (also known as "culling"), but not sims who you have a relationship with.

You can prevent them from being deleted by adding them to your favorites if you want.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yeah, if they aren't in the protected household section there is a risk of them being culled. That is why the protection was added, complaints.

Personally, I don't really like how this is balanced. If you have all the worlds the premades already exceed the max recommended 150 protected Sims. Further, I have never found a way to stop the random Sim spawns beyond mods. I just go in and cull myself. I really dislike that part of 4.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    That's what I have done with new households that I've created that don't have a home; move them to "My Households".
    2quwd7.gif

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

This has happened to me, and its so anoying. The problem is its so many Not-in-World, unplayed Sims. So what I do is go to Not-in-World, unplayed Sims, or just other sims, you know the ones that has all those premade familys that will show up in your game one day. B) . A single Cat family, No longer alive and own a live cat as a pet family, Like, Who thinks of that.
    Some I truly do not want to meet up with.

So I go their and have a happy deleting time and keep putting them in the trash while looking for my missing Sim friend. Belive me they are there, just keep deleting. You can train your game not to create a certain type family, that you may not want in your game like the above mention. When you see someone in your game that you do not want or something, go right away and find and deleat them and all the ones like them. It will last only so long so you have to renew from time to time.

Soon as you find your lost Sim friend or romantic-interest, click on them and make them one of yours then save them in your library. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Stormsview lol "happy deleting time" I do that too, but does it really "train" your game?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat