Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want aspirations to look like in The Sims 5?

SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
There's a different system for aspirations in each sims game and so I'm curious what you guys want the aspirations in The Sims 5 to look like. Do you want it to be like The Sims 2 with only a few aspirations that affected sim's personalities, like The Sims 3 with lifetime wishes, like The Sims 4 with the aspirations split up into smaller goals or do you want something different?

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I liked how in the past, the aspirations were actually integrated into a Sim's personality. In TS4, it seems like the aspirations are more of a checklist for the players, and Sims don't really seem too concerned about them. I would like for Sims to actually care about the dreams they have for their own lives.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I also love how aspirations were done in the sims 2. It really changed the way the characters acted and was more like their life philosophy rather than achievement. I think lifetime goals should be separate in the sims 5 while aspirations should be more like the sims 2
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am torn here. I like things about all the systems. I think the main thing I want is for there to be a lot of options. I want them to be more impactful than now, but I feel that is more a limitation of the current Sims' personalities than the aspiration system itself.

I do really enjoy being able to change dreams and achieve more than one (perfect for a developing protagonist), but they do not seem as grand in 4 compared to 3 and 2. In those, you really had to work for them and they were worthwhile. Now you have to complete a lot more for that same sense of accomplishment.

Considering that, a hybrid between 4 and 3's sounds good (with more flexibility, impact, and reward), but I would happily take 3's entire personality system back.
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I wrote love the aspirations in Sims 4 but would love it be more specific to your Sims across personality. As in some options are only available for certain kinds of Sims depending on how their life pans out. Stone aspirations are easier for a particular kind of Sim whereas some Sim traits make completing then really difficult.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sims 2 also had a lifetime wish
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I like the variety of sims aspirations in ts3, but i want the personality system of sims 2 combined with traits
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I want them to be like how they were in the Sims 3. When a sim had traits and wants for their lifetime wish, that way you had a big goal to complete for them.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I hope its something completely new. Aspirations in TS3 weren't great. Most of them were stuff like reaching the top of a career or something like that. Aspirations in TS4 base game are not that bad, but aspirations in expansion have been awful. They're pratically tutorials. TS2 probably did them the best. I like that there was an aspiration and a lifetime wish. But they need to be much better in TS5.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    TS2 did them best.
  • Meerkat_SimsMeerkat_Sims Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd like a mix of how TS2 Aspirations affected your Sim's wants and fears (and personality), the variety of the TS3 Lifetime Wishes, which had a nice balance between career and skill-based goals, and the special extra trait of the TS4 Aspirations and how it gives your Sims certain advantages.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I'd like Sims 2 style but with the added ability to change your aspiration like in Sims 4, as well as more aspirations to choose from.
    #Team Occult