Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we talk about the Roughhousing Encouraged NAP?

It's like neigborhood brawl day from Seasons, except ALL. THE. TIME.
My Sim goes to community lot, tries to talk to someone, a fight breaks out and they all stop to watch.
My sim tries again to start a conversation, another fight breaks out so they all stop to watch.
I give up and direct my sim to do something else. Another fight breaks out and they stop to watch.
My sims bladder starts failing because they can't even get to the toilet without stopping to watch another fight, I start sobbing into my keyboard because I just wanted my Sim to have a nice time out and since they don't even live in the neighborhood there's nothing I can do about it. Am I doing something wrong? Because I don't get why this would be fun for anyone, it just makes the game frustating.

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Who knows why EA thought it would be fun? Majority of the NAPS are NOT fun, they are a pain in the rear. Hence why I have disabled them and now play in heavenly bliss without any of them.

Pretty pointless addition to the EP though.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Same here, as far as turning it completely off. Whatever NAP happens to be enacted at the time, it is like they all go overboard all the time in that activity.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My sims has cake mix all over the house, about 8 balls of clay and 5 future cubes in their inventory. Then during the Hijinks festival, sims are playing instruments here and there. Let's not talk about Sharing is Caring!! Can't even have proper venues.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Maybe they were trying to recreate a rough neighbourhood... i don't know. I have naps disabled too.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I think this is kinda sad. I like the basic idea of NAPs, the problem is that they all force certain activity on our sims. Instead, some - if not all - NAPs could focus more on local benefits (and costs) for sims living there. Like - in this hood all households get a tax discount while having kids in school, but the electricity costs a bit more. Or, in this hood all elders get a small pension, but lot tax is a bit higher. So, while one hood is great for families with students, another hood might be more popular among elders.

If we HAVE TO form clay and play violins, I'd appreciate if it was toned down a bit, or only took place on certain lots or on certain weekdays. It gets too much having these things happen anywhere at any time.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I turned the NAPS off long ago.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I've turned off the naps too in my current history game, but I plan to use this nap and sharing is caring to represent the war times. As far as I read, they sound perfect to this era.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2020
    Roughhousing encouraged is one of the rare NAPs that actually don't bother me. The fights don't happen all the time in my game. I only have NAPs active on two saves, though.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have this one active in San Myshuno Arts District, where my police station is. Fights break out regularly, but always far enough for my sims to not get pulled from their desks. Occasionally I send them out to make an arrest. It's fun, but admittedly very niche.

@Daravi
    Strange as it sounds, I can recommend Sharing is caring for this purpose. Be aware that townies will pick your house clean, not just one or two objects. The Welcome Wagon took everything in the kitchen/living room and tha bathroom the first time I had this NAP. That's perfect to simulate plundering in more or less lawless times and encourages keeping the door shut & let no one in for added paranoia.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Yeaaah, I love the idea of the N.A.P.s, but the execution is flawed for sure. They should all occur much less frequently, then they'd probably be at least tolerable. 👍
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Honestly? I enjoy the chaos.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Yeaaah, I love the idea of the N.A.P.s, but the execution is flawed for sure. They should all occur much less frequently, then they'd probably be at least tolerable. 👍

Or the NAP should be game changing features rather than poorly thought Policies:(
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I like the idea of the NAPs and I don’t mind most of them. The one that irritates me the most is the the one where other sims steal your stuff. I forgot to lock the doors when my sim started a yard sale and the next morning my freaking house was empty. They stole the chairs, the couch, the lamps ... if it wasn’t nailed down they took it.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can understand throwing some intentionally terrible NAPs into the mix to raise the stakes come voting time and give players real motivation to collect and use influence...but where are the desirable NAPs? It sort of feels like this pack is all punishment and no reward.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Bert1701 wrote: »
    It's like neigborhood brawl day from Seasons, except ALL. THE. TIME.
    My Sim goes to community lot, tries to talk to someone, a fight breaks out and they all stop to watch.
    My sim tries again to start a conversation, another fight breaks out so they all stop to watch.
    I give up and direct my sim to do something else. Another fight breaks out and they stop to watch.
    My sims bladder starts failing because they can't even get to the toilet without stopping to watch another fight, I start sobbing into my keyboard because I just wanted my Sim to have a nice time out and since they don't even live in the neighborhood there's nothing I can do about it. Am I doing something wrong? Because I don't get why this would be fun for anyone, it just makes the game frustating.

Uncheck letting NPCs vote on NAPs in the Eco Lifestyles section of your gameplay settings, turn testing cheats on, right click your mailbox and instantly repeal any and all NAPs you don’t want.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm dissapointed I believe NAPs were meant to make the neighborhood feel more alive and like other sims are engaging in something besides walking and talking. But it just turned out to be spam. I keep it off.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have this one active in San Myshuno Arts District, where my police station is. Fights break out regularly, but always far enough for my sims to not get pulled from their desks. Occasionally I send them out to make an arrest. It's fun, but admittedly very niche.

@Daravi
    Strange as it sounds, I can recommend Sharing is caring for this purpose. Be aware that townies will pick your house clean, not just one or two objects. The Welcome Wagon took everything in the kitchen/living room and tha bathroom the first time I had this NAP. That's perfect to simulate plundering in more or less lawless times and encourages keeping the door shut & let no one in for added paranoia.

I really like this!!

Great way to get my sims go from riches to rags. Thank you.

Other times I have had to cheat money away from my sims but this way the game can do it for me.

There are several N.A.P.s I would like to use I just don’t want my sims to be bugged afterwards.

Hope it can get de-bugged so that I dare to use roughhousing and Sharing is Caring in my saves.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    To be honest this one hasn't affected my game as much as the others, I just have issues with constant clay playing in every single neighborhood even after I specifically disable it there and the white cake obsession.

I haven't seen these ones affecting neighborhoods where they're not enacted, so I guess if you just disable it in the neighborhood where its an issue it should be gone.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean the idea of some chaos itself isn't bad but it's terribly executed.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?