Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is going on with sims cooking non stop in parks? 😡

Latelly when my sims visit a park either there are sims there cooking non stop (and they don't even eat the food they cook) or there are tons of cooked meals in the tables and floor around the grills...
What is going on? Can i do something to avoid it? Maybe there's a mod to fix it?

Comments

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    you must have eco living and the cooking in the parks is from a n.a.p.s. ..not sure which it is because i did not purchase that expansion pack but sure some folks can advise which ones work better...i have heard from some that it is better to leave your game and start a fresh save but then others say no that is not important ..you can try it either way...so you need to first go to your game options ...turn off n.a.p.s then go back to your game and open the cheat window ...type in ...testingcheatsenabled true....then shift click on your sims mail box and repeal the n.a.p.s you don't want and select the ones you do. The reason some folks say it is best to do this before you begin to even play is because some of the interactions with the n.a.p.s can stick to a sim so that even if you turn off naps and repeal them placing in the ones you prefer the action of some naps continue to happen ..that apparently doesn't happen in a fresh new game once you turn naps off. you can try either way to see what happens in your game
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I don’t have ECO but mine do it sooooo much. It actually makes me laugh
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I don’t know which patch started this, but I had this problem before the ECO pack/patch came out.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I dont have EL but i have this happeing in my game. My sim went to the park the other day and there was like a feast going on with the amount of food on the tables. Only one sim was there and eating but i dont think he even cooked any of it. It is free food for all, i guess lol.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @wickichick it's not related to naps. I started this new save after eco living. Naps are disabled. I don't have any nap in the game.

@Kita5399 i think i have seen this before eco too. But now i have a bunch of children and im spending more time in the parks.

@Leahmiller2006 🤣 i think i laughed too the first times. Now it's getting repetitive and it breaks immersion imo.

@Mareah im sure there were townies or npc's cooking before. They cook non stop, don't eat their food and leave it all there 🤣
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don’t know about parks but my sims have a barbecue and they use it s much as the stove, even in the winter, then leave food on their outdoor table. It’s annoying.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've had this non-stop grilling problem in public areas for years. First noticed it in Granite Falls. Now I see it everywhere. I don't have Eco Living and it's completely unrelated to that.

Here is the link for the bug report, started in 2016, so you can click "me too": https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-cooking-leaving-food-behind-in-picnic-areas/td-p/5692015
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've had this non-stop grilling problem in public areas for years. First noticed it in Granite Falls. Now I see it everywhere. I don't have Eco Living and it's completely unrelated to that.

Here is the link for the bug report, started in 2016, so you can click "me too": https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-cooking-leaving-food-behind-in-picnic-areas/td-p/5692015

Thank you for the link. Wow it started in 2016! Im surprised it has so few me too's...
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Thank you for the link. Wow it started in 2016! Im surprised it has so few me too's...

I know, right? I guess it's not a common problem. We're just the lucky ones. :tongue:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".