Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(SOLVED) Please Help! I'm about to loose a family :cry:

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
I have a problem and i need your help :worried:

I was in the world view and i've downloaded a house into the place where Glimmerbrook's bar is (or was...). Even having chosen to change the lot tipe to residential, the game is still acknowledging it as a bar, all my family's money is gone, it's saying that some bar's required items are missing and in world view i can't evict my family... the only option there is to visit or sell the business... i don't know what to do, i don't want to loose my family :cry:

ETA that i moved my family from Del Sol valley to Glimmerbrook in the world view, after i've downloaded the new house. And when i started playing the househols, this problem started...
Post edited by texxx78 on

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I had the same problem recently. Instead of evicting them, try merging them with another family that lives on a proper residential lot, and then separate them again. That way you can at least get them away from the corrupted lot.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I had the same problem recently. Instead of evicting them, try merging them with another family that lives on a proper residential lot, and then separate them again. That way you can at least get them away from the corrupted lot.

thank you :) I'll try that.
    So... i was able to save my family. They're back in their Del Sol Valley's home. I've tried downloading a new house (different from the one i dowloaded before) into Glimmerbrook's bar and then into other Glimmerbrook's lot and the same problem happened. I've left the game without saving.
    I don't know what is going on with my Glimmerbrook's lots... i'm going to try now in a different world...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think that the Elixirs and Brews lot has some weird coding to make sure that only Spellcasters visit it, which may be why it is always treated like a bar.
    Ok it's solved! :smiley:

So, instead of downloading from the gallery and replacing the bar lot to a residential what i did was:
    - i've entered the build mode of the bar
    - then i've buldozed the bar
    - i've changed the lot type to residential
    - i've saved and left build mode
    - only then i've downloaded the house into the now empty residential lot.

It worked :smiley:
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I think that the Elixirs and Brews lot has some weird coding to make sure that only Spellcasters visit it, which may be why it is always treated like a bar.

the thing is it was also happening in the other lot, the one that initially was empty. I had an academy there. And it was also happening there. The good thing is that it's solved now :relieved: