March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumored Star Wars Pack Poll

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Nah
    BubbleFan wrote: »
    Are you guys forgetting the Sims is rated for teen?? There’s no way EA would bring war, weapons, assassins and well, actual VIOLENCE into the Sims.

Space travel, that could be a thing for sure. But never actual Star Wars. That would be rated mature.

In EA’s Star Wars game you can hack and slash aliens up with your lightsaber and that game is still rated T for teen.

Y’all sims players think anything that goes mildly over the E10 rating is grounds for a M or Adult Only rating. Kinda funny.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Nah
    I'm not interested in Star Wars or most sci-fi in general.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yah
    I have never watched a single Star Wars movie but I always said I thought a pack based on space would be fun. I would rather the pack be just be a Sims version of space but if it's Star Wars I am open to it. I really hope they can get unique gameplay that has replay value out of it!!!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yah
    I'd definitely be interested in this. More for the BB and CAS than anything else.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Waiting for announcement
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Nah
    I love Star Wars, and I like Star Wars fans, and I like nods to Star Wars, but we don't need a whole pack revolving around another franchise.

That said, in the spirit of The Sims, I kind of wonder if it will be a Sims-ified Star Wars, and not as blatant as we might be making it to be. But we already have blatant call-outs to Star Wars (Baby Yoda gnome, Star Wars costumes, etc.) so I just don't have reason to believe it will be subtle.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Nah
    Would I buy it? Yes. Is it what I want? No. I'm just waiting for the official announcement to see what's going on.

@MeadowThayerr Please don't buy EA games that you don't want. It sends them the wrong message. It gives them more ammo to continue pumping out content that you don't want.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Nah
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    The previous GP's prove that. Vampires. StrangerVille. RoM. Those focus very much on one specific occult or 'alien' theme that you can't really find in an EP or SP. They scrapped that since GTW and IL's Mermaids don't count. I can't see them and they don't even have their own underwater world. Because, like you said, it's niche.

Just because something has been a pattern so far doesn't mean it always will be that way. The Sims 3 had a whole Expansion Pack for occults, which was completely unheard of before then.
    So would you like it to be an EP instead? I don't mind. Bring it on.

Nope. I don't want this theme at all. But if it had to happen, I would have preferred it at least a couple of Game Packs down the line, so it's less of an onslaught of this kind of stuff.
    You answered your own question there. Because the majority doesn't want it, it's nice that the minority can get a Game Pack. Not a Stuff pack, not an Expansion Pack, so let's meet in the middle. Game Pack.

Sounds Fair? I think so.

The majority don't want it. Period.

Too bad pack themes aren't chosen democratically then (Laundry Day and Knifty Knitting aside). :p
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yah
    @BariSaxy wrote: »
    The Sims 3 had a whole Expansion Pack for occults, which was completely unheard of before then.
    Let's be realistic. That hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will. Probably because the 'majority' doesn't want a supernatural EP. Plus multiple occults with in-depth ranking systems like Vampires do not fit in an EP. Not in The sims 4. So each get their own Gamepack.
    Nope. I don't want this theme at all. But if it had to happen, I would have preferred it at least a couple of Game Packs down the line, so it's less of an onslaught of this kind of stuff.
    Less of an onslaught? Is skipping a bit of fantasy that harmful for 'the majority'?
    The last two supernatural flavored GP's for PC/Mac were released LAST year:

Strangerville: February '19.
    Realm of Magic: September '19.
    Not exactly in a row either, with Moschino & IL in between. (Again, merfolks don't count. They're not in anybody's way.)

Release of the last four realistic themed packs began in 2019 and continued up until now:

Discover University: November '19.
    Tiny Living: January '20.
    Eco Lifestyle: June '20.
    Nifty Knitting: July '20.

That's 2 BIG ones and 2 SMALL ones compared against 2 MEDIUM ones (which adds up to 1 big one and 0 small ones).
    Those 4 realistic packs were also released in a ROW...nothing Sci Fi or supernatural in between or included, unless you count Servo,which you can refuse to build and Dumpster Woohoo, -more unnatural than supernatural- which you can refuse to engage in.
    I don't think this is about what the majority doesn't want, it's about what YOU don't want for anybody else that isn't YOU.
    Not now. Probably not this year. Probably not next year.

But if the next pack is for you -'the majority'- then I'd be very happy for you. Period.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    Nah
    nah. let's go to France/Europe for some cool new features instead!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yah
    @BariSaxy wrote: »
    The Sims 3 had a whole Expansion Pack for occults, which was completely unheard of before then.
    Let's be realistic. That hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will. Probably because the majority doesn't want a supernatural EP. Plus multiple occults with in-depth ranking systems like Vampires do not fit in an EP. Not in The sims 4. So each get their own Gamepack.
    Less of an onslaught? Is skipping a bit of fantasy that harmful for 'the majority'?
    The last two supernatural flavored GP's for PC/Mac were released LAST year:

Strangerville: February '19.
    Realm of Magic: September '19.
    Not exactly in a row either, with Moschino & IL in between. (Again, merfolks don't count. They're not in anybody's way.)

Release of the last four realistic themed packs began in 2019 and continued up until now:

Discover University: November '19.
    Tiny Living: January '20.
    Eco Lifestyle: June '20.
    Nifty Knitting: July '20.

That's 2 BIG ones and 2 SMALL ones compared against 2 MEDIUM ones (which adds up to 1 big one and 0 small ones).
    Those 4 realistic packs were also released in a ROW...nothing Sci Fi or supernatural in between or included, unless you count Servo,which you can refuse to build and Dumpster Woohoo, -more unnatural than supernatural- which you can refuse to engage in.
    I don't think this is about what the majority doesn't want, it's about what YOU don't want for anybody else that isn't YOU.
    Not now. Probably not this year. Probably not next year.

But if the next pack is for you -'the majority'- then I'd be very happy for you. Period.

the majority DON'T want it? I'd die for more supernatural and stuff....
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yah
    the majority DON'T want it? I'd die for more supernatural and stuff....

I don't think we're in the majority...or so it seems. :D
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I buy all the packs so I will get it, but will I like it? It really depends what it has in it. If it’s got future technology, cool futuristic furniture and clothes, normal size telescope and microscope, some of that high tech fitness equipment then it might fit in with aliens and get to work pretty well. If it’s just crazy super human powers, clothes and light sabers..... I don’t see much point in it.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yah
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    nah. let's go to France/Europe for some cool new features instead!

but SW theme can have some cool new features xD I feel like I am the only one that won't be angry if it is.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yah
    Totally, nerding as we speak.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yah
    GP’s seems to be where I get the really exciting content so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

If I’m not playing Sims 4 then I am running around in the Mass Effect-universe or Dragon Age. Have spent years in SWTOR, as a single player, a regular guildie and an officer.

I have missed a really fantastical setting so so much. Just looking around in the world and seeing that it is completely different from everything I have ever seen in RL. SIXAM is just a sad tease due to how small it is. ROM felt like a breath of fresh air. Finally, something completely different!

I will be disappointed if there isn’t an exciting little neighborhood to explore. Whatever we get, I will take a good look at it and see how to best incorporate it into my saves.

Keeping my fingers crossed. ROM was great, EL added tons to my Off-the-Grid fun and I am fortunate enough to have avoided gardening bugs. With SW this would be a truly excellent Sims 4 year for me.

We will see how it goes :)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Nah
    I dont want Star Wars but i do want space exploration and aliens expanded.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yah
    I voted yes. I love science fiction and I think a Star Wars game pack would be fun. A generic SF-themed pack would be great, too. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Yah
    Yes, I'd be interested. Although I'd rather have it as a stuff pack and in build in a way that realism players can use the objects and outfits for normal sims families that are simply Star Wars fans.
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    sketches wrote: »
    Would I buy it? Yes. Is it what I want? No. I'm just waiting for the official announcement to see what's going on.

@MeadowThayerr Please don't buy EA games that you don't want. It sends them the wrong message. It gives them more ammo to continue pumping out content that you don't want.

I don't buy a game if I won't enjoy the content. Just because it's not my first choice for a game pack doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't enjoy the content. So no, it's not something I "want" in the sense that if I could have my choice for what they made, this wouldn't be it. Knitting wouldn't either because I crochet and not knit, but I still love the content so I still bought it.
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Nah
    Picked nah because I'm not really sure. Depends how it's done, branded collaborations usually don't go down well and I don't want a pack that's basically just advertisement for some star wars game. It's not my desired game pack but if it's done well and doesn't have some agenda behind it I wouldn't be against it, it could be fun to explore and play with and I'm all for things that are new rather than just expanding on the mundane.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member
    edited August 2020
    Waiting for announcement
    Only posting to see what I voted (annoying that if my avatar is not there I cannot see it later without posting).

eta: right... that's what I get for clicking things when I should be sleeping.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yah
    I already have Ben Solo, Rey, and Chewbacca in my game, so this could be very interesting. Right now they have to just hang out in San Myshuno, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    Not something I’d typically be interested in, but if they add some interesting new game play then I’ll consider changing my mind.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Nah
    I can't see Star Wars meshing at all with the existing game play. Spellcasters and vampires at least blend in a bit with the rest of the game but Star Wars is so far out there. Werewolves, sure. Plant sims, absolutely. Fairies? ... Well, we'll see. But Star Wars would be very jarringly out of place. I'm also a science fantasy writer so I try not to interact with any one particular setting that doesn't belong to me for too long.

Unless there were some weird tie ins to game play that I'm actually interested in, it's no dice from me.

I would, however, be down with a city under a glass dome.