Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storyteller Submission Error? (Update!)

elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims Spark'd
Update 3: So happy to say that this issue has been addressed over on the EA Help forums! Anyone else who was having an issue submitting, please check out the link so that you can properly submit your video! - https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Cannot-submit-Spark-d-Challenge-Storyteller-video/td-p/9365106/highlight/false/page/3 - Just scroll down a little bit and give SimQARobo's comment a read before sending any links anywhere! Big thanks to the folks responsible for addressing and solving this issue!

--

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this, but I was curious if anyone else is having (or has had) trouble submitting their Storyteller entry? I saw on the EA Answers forums that this was an issue that was once solved, but seems to be broken again. I've included a couple of screenshots (below) to show what error I am getting.

If anyone could offer me some advice or assistance regarding this, I'd be eternally grateful. Good luck to everyone else hoping to submit a Storyteller entry -- hopefully this issue can be resolved before the deadline in a few hours. Thank you!

Update: I've just tweeted EAHelp and notified them of the issue. I'll be sure to post updates if the issue is resolved and/or someone gets in contact with me!

Update 2: As of around ten minutes before the official deadline, I unfortunately still have not found a fix. To quote the food review gospel:

ValuablePlayfulInganue-size_restricted.gif

No, but in all seriousness though, I'm hoping at least that not everyone trying to submit is affected by this! For now, I've decided to make my video public and add the appropriate hashtags (as recommended in the Storyteller FAQ) and hope that...helps? Hopefully tomorrow I can get in touch with someone. If there's any way I can help, I'll be sure to update.

sparkd1_by_elemmele_de2ji0q-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMmppMHEtYTM3MWJmMmItZWI4Yy00ZTk2LWFiMTEtZmNlOTkxODQ1MGYxLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.hwPvUxNRrCd8E6WDk0sraZcxa_n-98UpGzgPuAgY7rQ

sparkd2_by_elemmele_de2ji0x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMmppMHgtMGMwYTNiZjktMzY4ZS00OTNmLTljMmYtMDIxMDYxMDJhYWY2LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.1wzqNgBpM3bbpy6IOd91d4iBDaPMLJK-YDwBjmV9ZSs
de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    I experienced this too. I tried to submit 45 minutes before the deadline and got this error. I kept refreshing and trying to resubmit until finally giving up around 1 am, almost an hour after the deadline. Oh well. :/
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2020
    So so sorry this happened to you as well! I'm very disappointed to say that no one attempted to get back to me, so today that will be my focus. It would be incredibly unfair if simmers who worked so hard on their entries are denied a chance to enter this competition because of an error on EA's end. Hopefully this can be addressed and sorted. I'll do my best to get in contact with someone!

Edit: I've talked to someone at EA Support (thanks, Guru!) and they said that unfortunately since the contest has ended there isn't much they can do. However, they are reporting my case and hopefully there will be an update. I understand it's a technical issue, and I also understand that this "isn't a big deal," but regardless I'm hoping that at the very least this issue won't happen again in the future. 'Til then, I'll continue to try and reach out to folks so this can be somehow resolved.
    Post edited by elemmele on
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Hey @Eddie Sims you said you had an issue submitting your entry, so I wanted to give you an update and let you know you can submit your video to the link provided below and as long as it was uploaded before the deadline the team will review it for submission. All the best and good luck in the competition!~

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Cannot-submit-Spark-d-Challenge-Storyteller-video/td-p/9365106/highlight/false/page/3
  • Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    @LemDoodle thanks so much! Good luck to you too!
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    Hey everyone, is anyone else experiencing this error this time around (Creature Creation - October)?
    I have been trying to submit my entry for 2 days now and I keep getting that error. Spoke to EA Help and they couldn't submit it either or find a solution. I'm freaking out!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top