Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of those packs should i go for and why?

GJGAMESGJGAMES Posts: 45 Member
so yeah im curently having get to work but iwould like one of those packs.
im also a fan of custom content so what pack should i go for and why.
personally i think i would go for get famouse because of the map.
btw im not sure if this is the correct category for this.
Im 19 and still lonely. Ooops this is the sims forum not a dating app

Which of those packs should i go for and why? 63 votes

Island living
20%
mcruddMoon_WillowAquariusMomTeeSeaBabykittyjadeiVySimGirltexxx78TTNsimmerSimAlexandriapopstarsleyKimmerSimsLady2000Livi5500k 13 votes
Get together
60%
icmnfrshLaBlue0314imhappyAlrynnbabajayneelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010barracuda1574gothprincess4everLustianiciaashcrash19GirklAPottssnoepjes1210DoloresGreyChadSims2NationalPokedexGecko420 38 votes
get famous
7%
alanmichael1bixtersthatsnotswegGJGAMESNate_Whiplash1 5 votes
city living
11%
BreazonaRedShoe7summertaffy68Evilyn_1007MondayTodilooBlackSpiderBat 7 votes

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Get together
    Well Get Famous has a noticeably small map, especially compared to GT and CL. I cannot speak on IL as I don’t have it.

But if you like the active career aspect, you might like GF because there is the active Acting career.

What kind of gameplay are you looking for in your game?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Get together
    Get Together is a wonderful pack. The club system contributes to all different kinds of game play. Windenburg is a really fun, interesting world.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Get together
    I would go with island living because of mermaids( that’s just me) but for anyone else I suggest get together. You have coffee shops , club system , the world is very nice & you can go clubbing lol. There’s more to this pack then the others ones mentioned (imo)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Get together
    Of all the packs, Get Together has kept my interest the longest.
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Get together
    I always find myself moving new households into Windenburg, it has beautiful scenery and it's a big world compared to Del Sol Valley, Sulani etc. It's also a great world for socializing your sims. I like its skills and activities as well as the whole club system.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Get together
    Of all the packs, GT was the one I thought looked like a 'nothing' pack when it was first advertised. I thought it would be totally meh. But I love it the best out of those you listed!

Windenburg is my favourite world, and the club system is so good for all kinds of stuff - from kids sleepovers to family gatherings, from work colleagues hanging out to vampire knitting groups - it can be incorporated a lot, regardless of your play style.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited August 2020
    Get together
    My personal favourite order is:
    1. Get Together
    2. City Living
    3. Get Famous
    4. Island Living

All these packs add different kind of things, so it's important to think what you want. Get Together gives you a huge world with a very handy club system. It also makes clubbing better adding DJ booths. If you don't like the aesthetics, don't think you'll use clubs and/or don't want to party these could be valid reasons to pick another pack. City Living gives apartments with plenty of lot traits, festivals and the whole city vibe. Get Famous gives detailed fame system that affects all careers, smallish world (that I still like) and the acting career which in my opinion is the best active career. Island Living doesn't necessarily have a lot to do but there's the ocean to explore, festivals (a bit like in City Living but smaller scale) and of course the mermaids. What do you want to do the most?
  • GJGAMESGJGAMES Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2020
    get famous
    @NationalPokedex @Rouensims @Justin @LaBlue0314 @muze @elanorbreton @musteni

thanks for everyones reaction it seems get together is the most populair and by that will mostlikely be used a lot by modders.
    im not quiet sure what i my game style is but i think clubbing has the most options. because you can make lots of clubs.

i do like to build a lot i just mde these buildings that i placed in the spoiler. so maybe a pack with lots of new building items like a elevator in city living.

so ill wait a bit longer to see if new results develop here and in the meantime i can drink my milkshake😊😉

a0121c5b05bc7a71332631d2c742e4624a0a4c3c.png

1c91fca94ce001885ffed12cec0592131c87b404.png

Get together
    You cannot build apartments with CL nor can you use the elevator in builds so that might be something to consider as well.

Structurally, those houses do look like they would fit in best in Windenburg. Windenburg being the largest world, offers the most lots to build on. You can renovate apartments in CL, but you cannot completely destroy the entire apartment building and use the lot to build something new.
    get famous
    @NationalPokedex that makes sense but ill look into get toghether. i tought i was able to build higher houses if i had cityliving.
    but ill look into it later today im first gona play some stormworks build and rescue.
    offtopic: stormworks goes out of early acces and will cost more then. so maybe someone is intrested in a open world build evertying yourself coastguard simulator
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Get together
    1. Windenburg is beautiful.
    2. The Club system is a very interesting gameplay.
    3. Emily. Look out for her!
    4. The mystery. Look out for Lady Mimsy! Who is she? Is she alive? Or perhaps, a wondering ghost? Why?
    5. Island. Yes, you can live on an Island too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Island living
    I really like Island Living for the building aspect, but I wouldn't pick that one first if you don't have Seasons. But for playing aspect, definitely Get Together. Windenburg alone is worth having
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Get together
    Windenburg is the best world so far. It's big, beautiful & historical. It's great for many household themes.
    get famous
    So i just got my self get together im now gona try it out.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Island living
    I like them all but there's something special about living in an island...
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Get together
    Admittedly it is a pretty tough decision to make as I like most of these. I picked Get Together because the clubs are fun and can be great for all sorts of in game roleplaying. Of course, Island Living is also good just for the island atmosphere and the addition of merfolk.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i would buy them all they are all worth adding to the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get together
    Get Together the club system is why you should get it
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Get together
    Get together comes with a big and beautiful world. Especially the island is great because there are no roads or decorative buildings. The club system is also great and very versatile. A great way to have your sims spend time together.

Island living would be my second choice because of the beautiful world and the ocean to swim in.
    get famous
    okay i got get together and its nice it has a lot new building items like floors and wallpapers. but i didnt see to many new clothing items i only saw 2 new hats?
    get famous
    but i think it was a good choice atleast i dont regret it. i also think i have to scout out the map a bit more
    Get together
    GJGAMES wrote: »
    okay i got get together and its nice it has a lot new building items like floors and wallpapers. but i didnt see to many new clothing items i only saw 2 new hats?

GT added a lot more to CAS than 2 hats. Maybe you need to double check your filters.
    get famous
    @NationalPokedex i mentjust in the hats section. i didnt see any other hats
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    get famous
    Get Famous has by far the most interesting (and the highest amount of) gameplay - wonderful actor career, song producer (love it), social media with camera drones, detailed fame system, elegant mid-century furniture, the garden pond! It's the best TS4 EP.
    Get together
    GJGAMES wrote: »
    @NationalPokedex i mentjust in the hats section. i didnt see any other hats

Oh I see. According to SimsVIP, only two hats were added. You’re right.