Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, Nifty Knitting went down like a lead balloon.

13...Next

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    How much excitement can a stuff pack generate? I don't remember any stuff pack having a mass of discussion after release.

It's no lead balloon for me, I'm busy knitting away.

@elanorbreton Tiny Living got a lot of attention and tons of build challenges.

Probably in places I don't frequent, that's why I don't remember. I do remember the complaints about the Murder Bed though :D:D:D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    After dodging a huge bullet by not purchasing Eco Lifestyle, I bought this knitting pack. It's a new skill and it's there for creative sims. I also enjoy browsing Plopsy so that's an added bonus.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It probably doesn't help that they literally didn't even put up an announcement about it at the top of the forum.

Personally, I haven't bought it yet, because it's not in my budget this month, but I'm still looking forward to it. Rather than racing to grind out the top skill level, I foresee this pack being part of my regular gameplay in small ways for a long time.

There's also... a lot going on in the world right now. I don't know how much I have it in me to be hyped for anything game-related right now, much less a stuff pack. That doesn't mean it's not a good pack or that it won't be well worth the money.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2020
    The very nature of the pack dictates there won't be as many videos and let's plays solely dedicated to knitting. It's a pack meant to be integrated into your existing gameplay. My sim knits for a couple of hours after work. She's only reached level 4 of the knitting skill. I'm still just as happy with the pack as I was on day 1 and looking forward to leveling up and knitting and unlocking the remaining items.

agreed.

can't wait to unlock everything :)

Happy with knitting,
    adds to other stuff like

candle making
    recycling and making furnishings
    Juice making
    photography
    painting
    woodwork,
    flower arranging
    etc

I found The sims 4 needed extra stuff you make and sell in my game.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I think Tiny Living is the only stuff pack I have seen a lot of commotion over. I can't think of any other's that got much attention, so this one not having much doesn't surprise me. If it were game packs and expansion packs yes I would be surprised, stuff packs no.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tiny Living was a surprise (on announcement), and added a huge building component that excited a lot of people who had been looking for more building options. The pack really lends itself to challenges. Knitting...does not, and every single element was already known before it came out. But just because it may not generate more video doesn't mean that people are enjoying it any less. I certainly have more Sims knitting than living in tiny houses. Really cannot agree with the title of this discussion but confirmation bias is a thing, so people will look for evidence to support their own preferences.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    It seems a little too limited. I like that they can knit but why not have some interactions with all the crafting furniture and the loom? My sim could scrapbook or jewelry making at the craft table. Just seemed like one note. And the not sleeping well that may be a bug from this pack makes my girl very hard to play.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I agree Nifty Knitting looks pretty boring but that just me as I am not into knitting but it may be someone else's treasure. Packs tend to be hit and miss and for me it is missing something and I am trying to put my finger on it. All I know with the other versions I used to get the peps and I am guessing the reason I do not get excited with Sims 4 packs may be the lack of certain features if they have any at all. Heck, I did not even know this pack was released already.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited August 2020
    It didn't go down like a lead balloon for me. I was more excited for this pack than any of the others, honestly. Not for the items in it, but for the active part we played in making it happen. I enjoyed the deep dives and interviews. I was actually surprised when I went to purchase it and it was still the SP price. It seems like we got so much more in this pack than any of the others, mostly because of the interaction from the team. As for gameplay... I've not experienced it all, but I'm enjoying the interactions and I'm still exploring and am just starting to decorate a craft room. The rockers are awesome, and I'm liking the decor more than I thought I would.

ETA: I did want to go on record as a player that did not vote for Knitting, and I'm not huge into pastel.
    Post edited by joRN1414 on
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Maybe it's just what I've seen, but I feel like the excitement for this pack in the community is severely lacking.
    Looking at sims social channels like the forums you wouldn't know a pack just came out a few days ago because there isn't really that many people talking about it anymore and it's only been a few days. Obviously it's only a stuff pack, but from what I remember there was a lot more excitement when Tiny Living came out, it feels like over the course of each vote the excitement for this pack has gradually gone down and down and down until nobody cares anymore.
    A lot of people wanted happy haunts, others hoped arts & crafts would become an elders pack, wanted more hobbies not just knitting, etc etc. it seems like although this was community voted in the end it's not what the community wanted and probably only about 25% are satisfied with the end result.

Majority of Sims YouTubers seem completely uninterested as well, all of the ones I follow posted one singular video on this pack which was just a short overview and then completely ignored it and went back to their everyday content. It took a singular day for people to get bored and move on which really says something when the people who play the game for a living couldn't care less about the new additions to the game.
    For example Lilsimsie posted 8 videos playing with Tiny Living when it came out and only two with Nifty Knitting and other YouTubers like James, Deli, Plumbella, Vixella, urbansims etc etc all made one singular video on it and then carried on like it never happened.
    It just feels like the excitement for this pack is severely lacking in general, there's definitely more people negative about the pack than there is positive

We knew what was coming so there was not much need to discuss it afterwards. Like most Simmers who got it I'm more into playing and exploring what I can do with it than coming into the Forum to rant. I might complain later but I doubt it. I knew what I was buying this time. :)

Carlos gave a better review than LGR, having explored it more and he quite liked it. Try his review.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I think it goes something like this:

Family Players: "Yay! Grammy finally has gameplay!!"

Crafting-focused players: "Yay! More stuff to make and an online marketplace!"

Everyone Else: "Uh...I...guess the sweaters are cute...? I don't know. I'd rather do something else."
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I bought this pack and haven’t even played it yet. Installed it but never opened it lol
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    ts3seml wrote: »
    It seems a little too limited. I like that they can knit but why not have some interactions with all the crafting furniture and the loom? My sim could scrapbook or jewelry making at the craft table. Just seemed like one note. And the not sleeping well that may be a bug from this pack makes my girl very hard to play.

Stuff packs are just that. SimGuruGraham said about the last one, Laundry Day, that they are limited on interactions in them.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I haven't gotten it yet been reading everyone's reviews on the pack. I like the idea of a rocking chair officially in the game. I like some of the CAS items not sure I'm into having my sims knit or gain a knitting skill.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I haven't used the rocking chair yet because I was playing in houses that didn't have room for them. I moved one of my sims out now she's an adult and she'll be getting a rocking chair in her new house.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I voted for this pack and I absolutely love it! It's so cute and I love the rocking chairs especially. My current Sim loves to sit on that and watch TV from across the room as opposed to the $10K couch that's more comfortable and closer. I love having her knit, it's so calming to me.
    1500x500.jpg
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I got it and I like it. I've only used it a bit since I've been building new boxes - I mean, houses, for my sims, but just the idea of it really thrilled me. It was such an unexpected addition to the sims! I love crafting and while I don't knit, I do crochet. Love the animation of the cats playing with the yarn but...in reality, those sims would wake up and have all that yarn wrapped around the legs of all the kitchen chairs and, as they spent the next hour trying to unravel it, they would keep finding places where the yarn had been chewed to bits. I've even had dogs that liked to string the yarn around the furniture. Wish they had added that little bit of reality. :)
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Cause stuff packs just don't bring much to the table.
    giphy.gif

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Most the well known youtubers are under 25 years old, I believe. When I was in their age I didn't also show interest in such content, which I considered as content for older people. But for now, I think the stuff pack is a nice addition to the game, and I have my fun with unlocking the knitted items and outfits as a longtime goal, like what I always do in my other games, playing to unlock new armour looks.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    probably it's because the votes were rigged, and there weren't that much people who actually wanted knitting

What do you mean?
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    Most the well known youtubers are under 25 years old, I believe. When I was in their age I didn't also show interest in such content, which I considered as content for older people. But for now, I think the stuff pack is a nice addition to the game, and I have my fun with unlocking the knitted items and outfits as a longtime goal, like what I always do in my other games, playing to unlock new armour looks.

I don't think so about the age range. Most of them are either end twenties, beginning thirties with Dr.Gluon jumping out with 50.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    probably it's because the votes were rigged, and there weren't that much people who actually wanted knitting

Honestly I suspect this. People are saying they found knitting animation in Discover University, and then we got a ton of crafting content in Eco Lifestyle that fits really well with the Plopsy gameplay. And they did that collab with EA's Unravel game as well. I think this is just a way for The Sims to split up Eco Lifestyle content, get sponsored by another game, and then say "well you guys voted for this" if anyone complains.

And now the pack is out and instead of enjoying it people are excited for one icon leak of our next game pack lol

Happy Haunts should have won. Period.

i would not think this would be simply because EA can do what they want ...why go to all the trouble of having a vote when they could come up with a theme ..promote it...and accomplish all that you suspect was the reasoning ...they would not have to cheat in the least to simply do just that.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    probably the sims needs to define what elders are so there is a go to when a pack is deemed as a granny pack...elders of today are a bit different then the last generation...but both generations are around and both could play the sims ..which is why i think perhaps we need a better definition of "elderly" to see if a specific theme fits the expectation...maybe that will help?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Played more of my family with my family-oriented knitting-obsessed vampire again last night and still love this stuff pack! It is so satisfying to use Plopsy as an extra set of income and since I do Etsy in real life I seriously love hearing that ding for a sale on Plopsy as well. This pack is probably my favorite stuff pack overall!