Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Actually I just want to know who is going to be the first to elope on Batuu?

I’ll make a handsome pilot for @LiELF’s avatar and we’ll see what happens.

Oh, he'll have to be more than handsome to get her attention. But if he can acquire his own ship, get some Force or lightsaber skills, or has a quick, sarcastic wit (Han Solo anyone?) she just might follow him to Batuu. :p

I know.

Lol! :D
    #Team Occult
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Despite not being interested in this pack at all
    Kudos, to the people deduced it was this.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member

My feelings on the pack are definitely "yep that's sure a Star Wars pack" - But I will say I am enjoying being right.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Oh they made sure we'd deduce it. I think it's obvious they wanted people to know before it released. Because imagine the backlash if no one had known anything and this dropped out of nowhere.
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    So excited for this one, it looks so good :)
  • StengrimOSStengrimOS Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Isharell;c-17629901"]

I understand your disappointment. However, I don't think it could have built on from Sixam, without requiring anyone who wanted this to also own Get to Work.

Maybe if this sells really well and pulls in a lot of new users they will throw more money at developing new content.[/quote]

I disagree. They could easily just have found another spot on Sixam or another planet with a connection to the Sims aliens.

I also think increasing the audience by selling out like this will only have short term gain. The new fans will eventually leave when they figure out how broken and expensive this game is and old fans will leave disillusioned. The Sims is a big and successfull franchise and EA and Maxis should believe in it. If they fix some of the core issues and provide quality content more fans will come and invest in their packs. But that takes time, costs money and works long term, so they crash the franchise for a cash grab here and now to please stockholders.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I'm buying it! B)
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Oh they made sure we'd deduce it. I think it's obvious they wanted people to know before it released. Because imagine the backlash if no one had known anything and this dropped out of nowhere.

lol, yes, people would have gone rogue. Even now: 15.000 dislikes vs. 11.000 likes, it just gets worse. ^^

Not even my first pet stuff or eco living had that much backlash ^^
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Guys, if this is a vacation type world, will we need to pay to get there? Will there be hotels? Or will we need to rent accommodation? The blog says we can bring back the sabers and the droids, but it says nothing about the ships, hope we can bring those home as well.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

lol, yes, people would have gone rogue. Even now: 15.000 dislikes vs. 11.000 likes, it just gets worse. ^^

@Dakota88 It had to come to this for people's standards to finally drop? As far as I remember people were gladly paying for DLC for DLC aka MFPS few years ago and gladly defended that broken piece of an EP with reused animations and illogical Eco footprint system called Eco Lifestyle. I can't with this community.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@Dakota88 It had to come to this for people's standards to finally drop? As far as I remember people were gladly paying for DLC for DLC aka MFPS few years ago and gladly defended that broken piece of an EP with reused animations and illogical Eco footprint system called Eco Lifestyle. I can't with this community.

EL honestly isn't a bad pack. And can we for once not turn this into an MFPS discussion 😂 sorry I'm just tired of hearing it. I'm sure we'll find plenty other things worth criticising here, let's keep it fresh.

(This post was part sarcasm)

EL honestly isn't a bad pack. And can we for once not turn this into an MFPS discussion 😂 sorry I'm just tired of hearing it. I'm sure we'll find plenty other things worth criticising here, let's keep it fresh.

@SimTrippy
    It depends on ones standards I guess...

@SimTrippy

Let's not reiterate that discussion, I really think I've played enough games to make up my own mind about what I like or don't - and what I consider good or bad. We can disagree without calling each other's standards into question. Let's try to be civil in our arguments, it vastly improves the quality of our discussions 🙏
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    I was sort of expecting it to be a Star Wars pack but I'm still surprised
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yeah guys where’s the blog telling us more about the pack? Like the lightsaber detail

@SimTrippy

Let's not reiterate that discussion, I really think I've played enough games to make up my own mind about what I like or don't - and what I consider good or bad. We can disagree without calling each other's standards into question. Let's try to be civil in our arguments, it vastly improves the quality of our discussions 🙏

If the standards is where we differ then let's talk standards. It doesn't really help saying "oh this is how I feel and this is how you feel, we're just different" we should be able to compare and go to "uncomfortable zone" for the discussion to actually deliver some results. But anyway Eco Lifestyle is long gone and hopefully not coming back.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    EA would have my money already if I could give it fast enough for this one.

But what do I know. I'm just a nerd that dresses up in a Star Wars costume for charity.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Man, I've been requesting Stormtrooper uniforms in my game since the first S.W. outfits. I mean, how can you include Darth Vader and NOT be able to have him followed by a horde of Stormtroopers?
    #Team Occult
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2020
    Looks good, but what is the gameplay??
    Sitting around a bar like never before?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Looks good, but what is the gameplay??
    Sitting around a bar like never before?

Lol. Yes I mean the bar is pretty cool because they nailed the SW vibe but it'd be nice to get something other than bars too sometimes. Like idk, an arena for lightsaber fights? A racetrack for spaceship races? The latter especially even fits the lore right? There doesn't seem to be anything like that though.
    I hope there will be a Mads Mikkelsen Sim after all. ^^
    lol, no one writes here anymore, the excitement has totally gone. :D

Yeah it died down quickly ^^

Yeah it died down quickly ^^

Yes because the pack really sucks haha. This is rock bottom for TS4. I hope it won't sink any deeper.