Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm just watching the likes and dislikes on their youtube of it. it's pretty comical.

Right now it's 8.6 Happy vs 9.6 Not Happy
    I am hoping we get curved walls out of it at least and maybe different stairs, spiral-ish?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    StengrimOS wrote: »
    I'm so incedibly disappointed.

I love Star Wars, I have been a fan since I was nine, but this is the final nail in The Sims's creative coffin. The Sims has its own universe with its own aliens, alien planet and alien lore. These aliens have been there throughout all the major entried of series, but they could use some major development, which will probably never happen after this.

Them not developing their own lore instead of going for the big brand franchise tie in is such an insult to themselves and to the fans who still care (less and less with every patch)

The Sims 4 felt like it was building up to a major space pack with the rockets and space careers from the base game + Sixam and all the alien tech in Get to Work, which all felt like a sneak peak of something bigger. I was really getting hyped for a space pack, but no. We'll get a shallow SW pack based on a %#$@ing theme park and shallow references to the movies and TV shows instead.

YYYYYEEESSSSS!! What about our aliens? What about Sixam?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited August 2020
    well I've said it before: I'm sick of machines x sims4 and well what is this pack? -machines x sims4

like I simply can't find excitedness in me after that trailer

I didn't want it to be star wars exactly for this reason cause it seems like glorified light saber, costumes, rabbithole aircraft - (lowkey seem to work like rocketship), reused animations, minimal to no stuff i would actually use

only parts i have vague interest in is when stormtrooper stops the sim cause with that maybe my evil sims kidnap dreams could be true but also keeping in mind they probably restricted it to stormtroopers for some annoying reason too

and the spacecraft i mostly just want my aliens to be able to abduct whoever they wish again

like idk I don't think im gonna jump on this aircraft i think i am just gonna skip the pack which well my wallet loves it so positively not gonna go broke unless we have bomb of ep for late this year
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Stating the obvious here: They are trying to enlarge the fan base. I now think the "leak" was not an accident; they were trying to intrigue anyone new who was watching Sparked and dropped by the forums or Twitter or wherever for information about the game. Anybody who wants to play this pack will have to buy the base game at the very least, and from there they might buy more and more packs as they get into it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    Isharell wrote: »
    Stating the obvious here: They are trying to enlarge the fan base. I now think the "leak" was not an accident; they were trying to intrigue anyone new who was watching Sparked and dropped by the forums or Twitter or wherever for information about the game. Anybody who wants to play this pack will have to buy the base game at the very least, and from there they might buy more and more packs as they get into it.

Well on the upside for newcomers, they might just give way the base game for free again soon :joy:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,461 Member

I love Star Wars, I have been a fan since I was nine, but this is the final nail in The Sims's creative coffin. The Sims has its own universe with its own aliens, alien planet and alien lore. These aliens have been there throughout all the major entried of series, but they could use some major development, which will probably never happen after this.

Them not developing their own lore instead of going for the big brand franchise tie in is such an insult to themselves and to the fans who still care (less and less with every patch)

The Sims 4 felt like it was building up to a major space pack with the rockets and space careers from the base game + Sixam and all the alien tech in Get to Work, which all felt like a sneak peak of something bigger. I was really getting hyped for a space pack, but no. We'll get a shallow SW pack based on a %#$@ing theme park and shallow references to the movies and TV shows instead.

Sixam is just another planet in a galaxy far far away...

Well they did the exact opposite of "enlarging" the fanbase since the already existing fanbase dislikes it so much they won't buy it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Sixam is just another planet in a galaxy far far away...

But the aliens we have rn are, for the most part, painfully uninteresting to play. And here we're getting aliens which I don't even think can leave the world? Can we play all these races? I have my doubts.

I understand your disappointment. However, I don't think it could have built on from Sixam, without requiring anyone who wanted this to also own Get to Work.

Maybe if this sells really well and pulls in a lot of new users they will throw more money at developing new content.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

The lightsaber fighting is an animation that is prone to be recycled. I am sure we will see this animation again in a medieval setting with swords or in a sports pack (fencing)...

I hope so. After all, we have swordplay in Get Famous. I'm not crazy about sports irl but I did some fencing for a little while and enjoyed it so I'd be tempted to buy a pack that featured it. A medieval pack would definitely suit me better though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

I understand your disappointment. However, I don't think it could have built on from Sixam, without requiring anyone who wanted this to also own Get to Work.

Maybe if this sells really well and pulls in a lot of new users they will throw more money at developing new content.

@Isharell No they won't. If this pack sells well they are going to keep the money and develop the next pack on a low budget again. That's what they do. Tons of the Sims 4 packs have sold incredibly well but they never invest the money into the game. They keep it.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This might be the only really reaaaally different place to live on in the Sims 4 so I am going to huggle it close even if it is a destination world.

I would have loved an EP with space exploration and an entire alien world to live in but EP's have to work for the large masses and that includes realistic only folks. So GP's is the place where I guess one can get the fun things.

Will play it through on a new sim and see how I want to incorporate it into my main save :)
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    haha, 11.670 dislikes vs 9480 likes ^^

The outrage would have been worse if they dropped this pack without any hint. They prepared us with the icon so the first big disappointment many had would be able to calm down...
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I'm going to stand by what I've said before in that I don't think Maxis asked to make this. I think they were commissioned to make it. I think it's just as likely that EA requested it, or maybe even Disney paid for it as like a sponsorship/ad thing. They've done brand pairing before, but only for stuff packs and items. This is so different, I just have this suspicion.

Anyway, can someone explain how destination worlds work? I don't have Jungle Adventures or the other one with camping. I do have Realm of Magic, but that's like, stay there for the day and take your sim home to sleep. Are there gonna be like, Hotels in Batuu? Or are you going to have to eventually really go home to sleep properly? It sounds like it could be frustrating to play if you can't stay long in Batuu but have to keep going home on a spaceship. And I wonder, can we take kids there? Or toddlers?
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    haha, 11.670 dislikes vs 9480 likes ^^

The outrage would have been worse if they dropped this pack without any hint. They prepared us with the icon so the first big disappointment many had would be able to calm down...

The Sims team saw it. Oops, imagine their faces. Though after the Eco Lifestyle backlash, the Spark'd backlash and this one I think they are pretty used to it.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    First time of the history the sims have real guns

d1bm5pudfeid.jpeg

(Pedantic nerd voice): technically those are blasters
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • BubbleFanBubbleFan Posts: 12 New Member
    The world looks completely uninhabitable, they decorated their house in Willow Creek too. I say this is merely another useless vacation spot and you can‘t even live there. Also the townie fashion is going to hit rock bottom.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Actually I just want to know who is going to be the first to elope on Batuu?

I’ll make a handsome pilot for @LiELF’s avatar and we’ll see what happens.

Oh, he'll have to be more than handsome to get her attention. But if he can acquire his own ship, get some Force or lightsaber skills, or has a quick, sarcastic wit (Han Solo anyone?) she just might follow him to Batuu. :p
    #Team Occult

@Isharell No they won't. If this pack sells well they are going to keep the money and develop the next pack on a low budget again. That's what they do. Tons of the Sims 4 packs have sold incredibly well but they never invest the money into the game. They keep it.

AAAAWWWW Come on, I've only been playing Sims 4 for a few months. Leave me my innocent naivety for a little while longer. :D;)
    (I'm totally joking here but I can't resist giving this response despite the fact that I know you are right :p )
    Zussage wrote: »
    I'm going to stand by what I've said before in that I don't think Maxis asked to make this. I think they were commissioned to make it. I think it's just as likely that EA requested it, or maybe even Disney paid for it as like a sponsorship/ad thing. They've done brand pairing before, but only for stuff packs and items. This is so different, I just have this suspicion.

Anyway, can someone explain how destination worlds work? I don't have Jungle Adventures or the other one with camping. I do have Realm of Magic, but that's like, stay there for the day and take your sim home to sleep. Are there gonna be like, Hotels in Batuu? Or are you going to have to eventually really go home to sleep properly? It sounds like it could be frustrating to play if you can't stay long in Batuu but have to keep going home on a spaceship. And I wonder, can we take kids there? Or toddlers?

I'm sure you are right. And oh, how I wish any sim could go there to live!!
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I hope that some of the aliens in this pack are semi-creatable and not just one whole costume. If that's the case, hopefully I can mix them well with the alien life-state and give them different clothes still for a bit more fun.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,461 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Actually I just want to know who is going to be the first to elope on Batuu?

I’ll make a handsome pilot for @LiELF’s avatar and we’ll see what happens.

Oh, he'll have to be more than handsome to get her attention. But if he can acquire his own ship, get some Force or lightsaber skills, or has a quick, sarcastic wit (Han Solo anyone?) she just might follow him to Batuu. :p

I know.
    Zussage wrote: »

I think that's a big possibility. If you look at all of the other packs listed on the official site "SIMS 4" is really big and prominent on all of them, and then underneath in smaller letters is the pack name.

For this one it says Star Wars above, then "Journey to Batuu" in a large font, then Sims 4 much smaller underneath.