Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The execution is where it's at guys. I loved the concept of Eco Lifestyle but it was so badly executed I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Hopefully this is better executed but it looks like it;s just a new world, few new costumes and maybe a new career. We'll see though.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    There are SO many disappointed and hurt people....wow...
    And for the first time in a LONG time I am actually excited and want something like this.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    And for the first time in a LONG time I am actually excited and want something like this.
    You are not alone <3
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Actually I just want to know who is going to be the first to elope on Batuu?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m happy for all the Star Wars fans as it looks great if you like the franchise and I hope this has a lot of gameplay for you folks. For me it’s a huge no I can’t even get through watching the trailer for a second time it does nothing for me at all it’s just too niche for my liking.

Same. I got Strangerville on sale in the end because it had some nice buy and build items. But this has literally nothing I want or need. The build and buy items I am never going to use. I don't need this.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sounds like (speculation) it's got the

1. Meet the locals and immerse yourself! of Jungle Adventure
    2. Story mode of Strangerville
    3. Hidden world like Realm of Magic

Part of me isn't impressed with the CAS (don't we already have the cover character's hair? Or am I thinking of a similar one?), and then another part of me remembers they added like.... five? New aliens? And then I'm more impressed. If we can actually MAKE those aliens in CAS then having fewer new hairs and stuff makes sense in terms of the budgets and scopes of a game pack.

This one will definitely be a "eh, maybe when it's on sale" for me. Since it doesn't look like we can live in Batuu and I doubt the aliens have many interesting abilities even if they ARE playable.

The droids are cute though.

Might get it on sale for the droids.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The blog sounds promising and the BB items look fantastic.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I'm always very against of buying game packs just for their build and buy. EA doesn't know why you bought the pack, so if they see high sales, they think you like the concept of the pack and you want more content like it to come out.
    If this sells good because of build and buy they might make another game pack like this in the future because they get the message wrong. This is why I only buy things I am 100% satisfied with so no misunderstandings happen, but you know... that's just me.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Same. I got Strangerville on sale in the end because it had some nice buy and build items. But this has literally nothing I want or need. The build and buy items I am never going to use. I don't need this.

Same here. Lightsabers might be cool since we don't have real swords but that's about it for me. I like Strangerville a lot but I rarely do the aspiration quest.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020

I like the concept a lot. But I'm gonna be honest, I want to actually live in space, and it's all about "when your sim goes back home" so idk. Are they going to Batuu to rise the ranks, then go home? Is it like an outer space experience thing? That is the only thing keeping me from being excited rn BUT I wasn't excited about other packs either that turned out fine, so who knows.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think this is a destination world... And it looks like it's similar to Strangerville.
    There are many details in this post :
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/journey-to-batuu-reveal?setLocale=en-gb
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I can't believe it really is Star Wars. Just numb with shock, here.

So... it looks like we travel there and have an adventure? Or maybe a series of adventures, since it sounds like there are missions. Maybe that means the aliens will stay there and not annoy those who don't want aliens walking around in their normal games? That would probably keep some of the complaining down. ;)

But I want aliens everywhere!! Gosh, I hope we can live there but I am afraid it will be just a vacation world. please let the aliens be real and not just costumes!

But! Never mind! It's Star Wars!!! I love Science Fiction and no matter what, I can build cool SF stuff and dress my sims up and I have a good imagination. I will make it work!!

can I become a Jedi? Oh please say yes...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    The more I read and compare with the description of the actual Galaxy's Edge attraction at Disney, the more I feel that it's basically that ( a super immersive environment showcasing Disney's best Theatmosphere - no really, that's what they call it) transported into the world of the sims - except that instead of a theme park, it's "real"

Which means it could (have to see the livestream) be easy to pretend that it is just a theme park.
  • StengrimOSStengrimOS Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so incedibly disappointed.

I love Star Wars, I have been a fan since I was nine, but this is the final nail in The Sims's creative coffin. The Sims has its own universe with its own aliens, alien planet and alien lore. These aliens have been there throughout all the major entried of series, but they could use some major development, which will probably never happen after this.

Them not developing their own lore instead of going for the big brand franchise tie in is such an insult to themselves and to the fans who still care (less and less with every patch)

The Sims 4 felt like it was building up to a major space pack with the rockets and space careers from the base game + Sixam and all the alien tech in Get to Work, which all felt like a sneak peak of something bigger. I was really getting hyped for a space pack, but no. We'll get a shallow SW pack based on a %#$@ing theme park and shallow references to the movies and TV shows instead.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

Part of me isn't impressed with the CAS (don't we already have the cover character's hair? Or am I thinking of a similar one?)

It's a base game hairstyle, yes. But they use BG items in trailers for new packs, that's not a new thing.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member

I'm disappointed on a personal level, but you certainly aren't the only one that is excited! And for me, as long as one person is really excited and enjoys it, than it's worth it to me. I'm not gonna like every pack and I don't need to like every pack, so as long as someone does, I'm glad it was made.

I am intrigued to see what it has. I could see me using the pack not as intended.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I'm always very against of buying game packs just for their build and buy. EA doesn't know why you bought the pack, so if they see high sales, they think you like the concept of the pack and you want more content like it to come out.
    If this sells good because of build and buy they might make another game pack like this in the future because they get the message wrong. This is why I only buy things I am 100% satisfied with so no misunderstandings happen, but you know... that's just me.

You are so right and I need to start doing the same. I bought Strangerville for the world (50% off) and now we got another stupid story game pack. Sigh
    edited August 2020
    I read the blog and the mission-based gameplay and how your Sim can rise up in the factions sounds intriguing. There is some replayability there depending on which faction you gain the most favor with. I like packs to break up regular gameplay, especially this late in the game.

It does sound interesting, yes, but this is just not TS for me. I will settle for the next EP and hope it is something I can actually use.

Eco Living could have been cool, but they executed it very badly - I am having flies on my trash cans constantly these days even though I tend to them regularely... Knitting was cool, but small. And this really isn't my thing at all. There is nothing in this trailer I like, not even one single build & buy item. The only thing that could be cool is the new board game (looks like a poker option or something because the Sim takes money off the table), but I don't want aliens and Sims using light sabers flood my regular gameplay, so I will skip this pack and live without the new board game. They will recycle the animation anyway and I'll have something similar sooner or later.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I’m a little disappointed that there seems to be a lack of new human CAS in the pack. Apart from Rey’s hair and that one other girl, all of the hairstyles we saw in the trailer were base game, if I’m not mistaken? It would be so much cooler if we got a bunch of costumes/hairs of characters from the movies. (AKA I want all of Princess Leia’s hairstyles and outfits, please)

It is cool that there’s a lot of different alien species, though.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The more I read and compare with the description of the actual Galaxy's Edge attraction at Disney, the more I feel that it's basically that ( a super immersive environment showcasing Disney's best Theatmosphere - no really, that's what they call it) transported into the world of the sims - except that instead of a theme park, it's "real"

Which means it could (have to see the livestream) be easy to pretend that it is just a theme park.

It also means that a lot around the "city" of Batuu is just gonna be set dressing. I was very much looking forward to space and all, but I'm a little worried about this one.
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Same here. Lightsabers might be cool since we don't have real swords but that's about it for me. I like Strangerville a lot but I rarely do the aspiration quest.

The lightsaber fighting is an animation that is prone to be recycled. I am sure we will see this animation again in a medieval setting with swords or in a sports pack (fencing)...
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m disappointed the world doesn’t seem to be somewhere we can live.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Actually I just want to know who is going to be the first to elope on Batuu?

I’ll make a handsome pilot for @LiELF’s avatar and we’ll see what happens.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    StengrimOS wrote: »
    I'm so incedibly disappointed.

I love Star Wars, I have been a fan since I was nine, but this is the final nail in The Sims's creative coffin. The Sims has its own universe with its own aliens, alien planet and alien lore. These aliens have been there throughout all the major entried of series, but they could use some major development, which will probably never happen after this.

Them not developing their own lore instead of going for the big brand franchise tie in is such an insult to themselves and to the fans who still care (less and less with every patch)

The Sims 4 felt like it was building up to a major space pack with the rockets and space careers from the base game + Sixam and all the alien tech in Get to Work, which all felt like a sneak peak of something bigger. I was really getting hyped for a space pack, but no. We'll get a shallow SW pack based on a %#$@ing theme park and shallow references to the movies and TV shows instead.

YES!!!