This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I see. Do they ever announce packs at Gamescon?

Not sure if they ever had before. I guess it would be a "major first" to announce a pack during Gamescom :lol:

Ok, guess we'll need to wait till Thursday then. Or maybe Sunday? If they've never done it before, why would they do it now? Do you guys think that all that gallery maintenance they have been doing lately has anything to do with the new pack?

@crocobaura Maybe it has something to do with the patch we're getting for the new gamepack? Maybe they are preparing some gallery update or alterations
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

Not sure if they ever had before. I guess it would be a "major first" to announce a pack during Gamescom :lol:

Ok, guess we'll need to wait till Thursday then. Or maybe Sunday? If they've never done it before, why would they do it now? Do you guys think that all that gallery maintenance they have been doing lately has anything to do with the new pack?

@crocobaura Maybe it has something to do with the patch we're getting for the new gamepack? Maybe they are preparing some gallery update or alterations

guys anyone its talking about in the fact the next mouth its anniversary of sims 4? maybe the gamescom show us the gamepack crossover and maybe a big update like cars?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,708 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

guys anyone its talking about in the fact the next mouth its anniversary of sims 4? maybe the gamescom show us the gamepack crossover and maybe a big update like cars?

Yes, a big update like we got for the 20th anniversary of the sims.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

LOL :D
  • Options
    CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    I think the icon looks like it portrays a farm.
    • You've got the three circles in the air: possibly showing the Sun at different times in the day meaning farming is a full-time job and lifestyle.
    • You've got the shack-like building: that looks similar to a mill or a barn for equipment and/or animals.
    • Finally, you've got the hills: referring probably to the possibility of farming mountains or in suburban areas. :)
    I think a Farming game pack would be bomb(meaning awesome!)! :D
    😻CAMFAM2018
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

LMAO!
    CAMFAM2018 wrote: »
    I think the icon looks like it portrays a farm.
    • You've got the three circles in the air: possibly showing the Sun at different times in the day meaning farming is a full-time job and lifestyle.
    • You've got the shack-like building: that looks similar to a mill or a barn for equipment and/or animals.
    • Finally, you've got the hills: referring probably to the possibility of farming mountains or in suburban areas. :)
    I think a Farming game pack would be bomb(meaning awesome!)! :D

Oh I wish <3.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    edited August 2020

But that gif is loaded with sass, so who can say for sure.

I hate being on chrome...the twitter feeds DO not show.

Opera browser is underrated chrome is so annoying. It doesn't show pictures from a lot of sites. I've been using opera for years. It's equally as good as chrome but I have no problems seeing pictures. And it has the ability to zoom in and have the words fit to the screen for easier reading. I dont know if I described that correctly 😅

If you do decide to try it it's not opera mini just the regular opera.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,149 Member

Opera browser is underrated chrome is so annoying. It doesn't show pictures from a lot of sites. I've been using opera for years. It's equally as good as chrome but I have no problems seeing pictures. And it has the ability to zoom in and have the words fit to the screen for easier reading. I dont know if I described that correctly 😅

I am on chrome and the only thing it isnt showing is tiny pic photos
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I am on chrome and the only thing it isnt showing is tiny pic photos

Tinypic closed, so no photos from there should be showing on any browser...
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Opera isn't that a mac only ?
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    All this silence makes the ± four weeks in advance-leak of the GP icon even more peculiar. Why would they? Was there a delay or something and were we originally supposed to get more info sooner after the leak happened? Did the uproar about representation move things backwards? Or did they think a month long speculation would really keep the hype going? I have so many questions, lol. :D But I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day based on George's tweet.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,378 Member
    All this silence makes the ± four weeks in advance-leak of the GP icon even more peculiar. Why would they? Was there a delay or something and were we originally supposed to get more info sooner after the leak happened? Did the uproar about representation move things backwards? Or did they think a month long speculation would really keep the hype going? I have so many questions, lol. :D But I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day based on George's tweet.

It seems to me that this presumes the leak was intentional. I have reason to believe that it was, in fact, an actual accident, and they were not yet ready to reveal anything about the pack at the time. Among other things, the way they cleaned up the Spark'd FAQ page that was the source of the leak.

But they are now, or will be soon, and we should hear something before the weekend is out (though this I'm basing just on SimGuru George's tweet from last week and SimGuru Frost's name change today.)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

When information leaks it’s not a marketing drop. In this case nothing besides a graphic leaked so it’s not like they have to do any damage control or push the marketing forward/back. If the graphic would have never been posted there’s a pretty good chance people would be in the same place they are now, just minus the little bit of speculation happening.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    > @drake_mccarty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > When information leaks it’s not a marketing drop. In this case nothing besides a graphic leaked so it’s not like they have to do any damage control or push the marketing forward/back. If the graphic would have never been posted there’s a pretty good chance people would be in the same place they are now, just minus the little bit of speculation happening.

And the huge negativity towards SW themed content.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    I was just browsing some of the tumblr of my fave CC creators and one post got my attention...
    AHarris00Britney is a Game Changer, they usually get packs prior to us. Or he might be hinting just at some CC that is going to be released soon... but as we are in a "Speculation & rumors" thread :D

Annotazione-2020-08-25-141126.jpg

To add onto that: In her upload from yesterday Plumbella randomly said 'Galaxy head!'. Today Molly (The English Simmer) tweeted: 'the bi erasure on the tl tonight is *sparkles emoji* astronomical *sparkles emoji*'. Lilsimsie started today's video with 'I make fun of a lot of EA builds, but there's a whole other world of them, that we haven't even touched.'

Let me get my tin foil hat real quick. Conspiracies galore!
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I was just browsing some of the tumblr of my fave CC creators and one post got my attention...
    AHarris00Britney is a Game Changer, they usually get packs prior to us. Or he might be hinting just at some CC that is going to be released soon... but as we are in a "Speculation & rumors" thread :D

To add onto that: In her upload from yesterday randomly Plumbella said 'Galaxy head!'. Today Molly (The English Simmer) tweeted: 'the bi erasure on the tl tonight is *sparkles emoji* astronomical *sparkles emoji*'. Lilsimsie started today's video with 'I make fun of a lot of EA builds, but there's a whole other world of them, that we haven't even touched.'

My prediction:
    It's coming tomorrow and it'll be about space.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 4 was revealed at Gamescom in 2013. I also think Get Together (2015) and Realm of Magic (2019) were announced at Gamescom. Nothing at 2018 Gamescom. Cats & Dogs was announced at Gamescom 2017.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Are you so bored that you've started learning German now?
    @SimmerGeorge
    Just my inner German getting out. It’s usually a sign that I’m starting to lose control.

oh I was wondering what that was I thought you were babbling to show you had gone insane from the lack of info
    I guess that shows where my mind is at the moment lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7

@comicsforlife
    So you thought German is some kind of insane babbling? :D Don't tell the Germans.
    It's a great language. I have a lot of German blood, but I wish I could speak it better. I'm Sch.eisse at it.
    I usually only curse in German. Unless I'm in Germany. If I speak it there the way I do it over here I probably get a lot of funny looks. So I just smile at everyone and say Guten Tag!

But yeah. I've also gone insane.

I like german to I was just unfamiliar with the words you use Guten Tag means good day right? @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The Sims 4 was revealed at Gamescom in 2013. I also think Get Together (2015) and Realm of Magic (2019) were announced at Gamescom. Nothing at 2018 Gamescom. Cats & Dogs was announced at Gamescom 2017.

ROM was announced at E3 if I remember right.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Correct.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options

Thanks for the correction. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,699 Member

To add onto that: In her upload from yesterday randomly Plumbella said 'Galaxy head!'. Today Molly (The English Simmer) tweeted: 'the bi erasure on the tl tonight is *sparkles emoji* astronomical *sparkles emoji*'. Lilsimsie started today's video with 'I make fun of a lot of EA builds, but there's a whole other world of them, that we haven't even touched.'

Yep I have no doubt it's a space pack.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

Correct.

EA Play*
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Yep I have no doubt it's a space pack.

at this point I don't thank anyone doubts it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    We may have to wait until Friday for a trailer. If you look at the Gamescom schedule there are several trailer reveals for unannounced games but the only unannounced DLC trailer reveal is scheduled for Friday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/gamescom-2020-schedule-date-start-time-how-to-watch?amp=1