Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,669 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    What do you think redacted refers to?

I hope it's not a Strangerville reference; I remember all the gurus doing something similar when that came out. I hope it's not Strangerville part 2. :/

They said it's something never done before.

To be fair, they said it was a major first for the team. Which, yes, is more or less the same thing, but there are different ways for something to be a "major first" that don't require new gameplay or even new themes. That "major first" must equal "brand new, never before touched on themes and gameplay" is, while perfectly valid, just one way to interpret it.

This is from the team that says multiple when referring to two, I wouldn't read too much into the major first description.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected to Strangerville. The Mother Plant is technically from space? Maybe your sim can hunt through space to find the source of the mother plant. Not neccessarily Strangerville part 2 but connected by the same story. The story from Strangerville was quite unfinished anyway, maybe they want to flesh it out?
    I'm not saying I'm looking forward to this, but it is possible..
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,562 Member

But that gif is loaded with sass, so who can say for sure.

Jeez, people been wanting something and when we finally get something then this 🤦‍♀️

This is what I don't like about this team..
    They treat us like children and keep giving c*r*a*p hints.. ways to communicate.
    Just SAY something! Or just shut up all together.

cuppa camomile tea? :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I kind of like Strangerville but i hope it's not that... let's wait... it seems that is coming soon.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Do you think the simgurus are reading this and chuckling at the fact that we are nowhere near
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected to Strangerville. The Mother Plant is technically from space? Maybe your sim can hunt through space to find the source of the mother plant. Not neccessarily Strangerville part 2 but connected by the same story. The story from Strangerville was quite unfinished anyway, maybe they want to flesh it out?

@bixters But I didn't buy Strangerville. It will either have to be very loosely connected or not connected at all. If it is then that mean I'd have to buy Strangerville pt 1 first?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Jeez, people been wanting something and when we finally get something then this 🤦‍♀️

They treat us like children and keep giving c*r*a*p hints.. ways to communicate.

cuppa camomile tea? :)

Yes please...

They treat us like children and keep giving c*r*a*p hints..

Get used to it, this is how it’s been for years.

Not...really...we had more better communication with the previous games , but yes in all TS4 years it's been like this...and I hate it.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member

Now I would like this idea. The original planet of the mother plant tied into a space theme. I like the strangerville pack so I wouldn’t mind the team exploring more of the lore behind the mother plant. However I don’t think this is the theme of the pack and I think it it is the community would be so mad and it would cause even more upset then mfps
  • Options
    edited August 2020

@bixters But I didn't buy Strangerville. It will either have to be very loosely connected or not connected at all. If it is then that mean I'd have to buy Strangerville pt 1 first?

Good point. I think it could be loosely connected. They could just use some of the characters and lore from Strangerville. Maybe they'll make another story from the information about Strangerville. More like a spinoff.
    We still never know where the Mother Plant comes from when Strangerville ends, so maybe the planet we visit will have the original Mother Plant?

PS: sorry if I'm spoiling the plot of Strangerville for you, the story is pretty bare bones though :(
  • Options
    Funny the way it's been the same folks checking in here for weeks.
    I feel like we're this group of castaways stuck on Island Maxis and no one is coming to save us.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Funny the way it's been the same folks checking in here for weeks.
    I feel like we're this group of castaways stuck on Island Maxis and no one is coming to save us.

xD!!! "SEND ANSWERS"
  • Options

Good point. I think it could be loosely connected. They could just use some of the characters and lore from Strangerville. Maybe they'll make another story from the information about Strangerville. More like a spinoff.
    We still never know where the Mother Plant comes from when Strangerville ends, so maybe the planet we visit will have the original Mother Plant?

Maybe Fatherplant will make an apparance. :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I still wouldn't like that idea 'cause I wouldn't even get the references. What's a fatherplant?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Never mind. B)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I still wouldn't like that idea 'cause I wouldn't even get the references. What's a fatherplant?

Just a joke, Strangerville brought ‘motherplant’
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Just a joke, Strangerville brought ‘motherplant’

Motherplant was bad, but Fatherpplant will be even more bad. :lol: And he'll come on his ship with his brothers. :lol:
  • Options
    I'll be off to do something useful with my life.
    See you at Gamescom.
  • Options

Lol I didn't like Strangerville either, but I'm just speculating. We're all bored, and speculating is so much fun :D

The Motherplant is a "character" from Strangerville.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Why did Frost redact the Sim part of his username? Can we speculate on that?

When is Gamescom. Do they have a link and schedule?
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 – Sun, 30 Aug 2020
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options

@crocobaura exactly. It used to be YarnGuruFrost but it's now redacted in anticipation of the new pack. "redacted" means like "removed" so there isn't any hints we can get from that. It only hints to the fact that it will be replaced soon.

Gamescom is on thursday through sunday this week
  • Options
    I see. Do they ever announce packs at Gamescon?
  • Options

Not sure if they ever had before. I guess it would be a "major first" to announce a pack during Gamescom :lol:
  • Options

Not sure if they ever had before. I guess it would be a "major first" to announce a pack during Gamescom :lol:

Oh lord I'll be kinda mad xD.
  • Options

Ok, guess we'll need to wait till Thursday then. Or maybe Sunday? If they've never done it before, why would they do it now? Do you guys think that all that gallery maintenance they have been doing lately has anything to do with the new pack?