Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,376 Member
    While this is just a game pack, and I try to use that to keep my expectations in line (and with Vampires and Jungle Adventure in the mix, my expectations can still get pretty darn high) I am hoping that if this is a Star Wars pack, the Mouse ponied up some extra funds so that they could go a bit further and make the pack a bit bigger.

Yes, EA has the Disney/Star Wars License, but if this is what I think it is, it was almost certainly created with not only Disney's approval, but probably instigation - in exchange for a bit more of a cut than whatever the license normally gives them.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    While this is just a game pack, and I try to use that to keep my expectations in line (and with Vampires and Jungle Adventure in the mix, my expectations can still get pretty darn high) I am hoping that if this is a Star Wars pack, the Mouse ponied up some extra funds so that they could go a bit further and make the pack a bit bigger.

Yes, EA has the Disney/Star Wars License, but if this is what I think it is, it was almost certainly created with not only Disney's approval, but probably instigation - in exchange for a bit more of a cut than whatever the license normally gives them.

I hope if it is a space pack they give us more to do with the rocket we already have
    and more to do with aliens we already have
    I hope we hear news soon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

That would be frustrating as all get out! Star Wars would get a huge GP but spellcasters and vampires wouldn't? That's totally unfair.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,376 Member
    edited August 2020

That would be frustrating as all get out! Star Wars would get a huge GP but spellcasters and vampires wouldn't? That's totally unfair.

Why would a new pack getting a new, larger budget be unfair? Vampires and Realm of Magic were made under the budgets they had at the time. (Whether they could have done more with those budgets is a different argument) If they have more because of the Brand Name, why shouldn't they use it? Just because they didn't have it for previous packs? That's... foolish. Just as foolish as being upset if EA loosened the purse strings and we got an awesome Werewolf or Faerie pack (and for the Faerie pack I'd want, they'd need some pretty loose purse strings.)

Budget progression often isn't fair to previous packs. That's just the way it works.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I’m tired. Someone wake me up when the pack gets announced.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,322 Member
    edited August 2020

wake me up inside...
    maybe its emo pack *rubs chin*
    could be useful
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,567 Member
    Und was kommt jetzt? 🤔
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »

wake me up inside...
    maybe its emo pack *rubs chin*
    could be useful

@Simmingal I would be so into that.
    Und was kommt jetzt? 🤔

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Are you so bored that you've started learning German now?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,567 Member
    @SimmerGeorge
    Just my inner German getting out. It’s usually a sign that I’m starting to lose control.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @SimmerGeorge
    Just my inner German getting out. It’s usually a sign that I’m starting to lose control.

oh I was wondering what that was I thought you were babbling to show you had gone insane from the lack of info
    I guess that shows where my mind is at the moment lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Waiting for the trailer to get released like:

https://youtu.be/-UftRfo3WZE
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,546 Member
    And another day dawns. Full of speculation and anticipation!
  • Options

You think today is the day?
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    Island Living – 21 June 2019
    Eco Lifestyle – 5 June 2020
    Moschino – 13 August 2019
    Nifty Knitting – 28 July 2020
    Realm of Magic – 10 September 2019
    GP09 – 25 August 2020
    _________^^^^^^today
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I have a good feeling about today!
  • Options
    I have a good feeling about today!

Same
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I was just browsing some of the tumblr of my fave CC creators and one post got my attention...
    AHarris00Britney is a Game Changer, they usually get packs prior to us. Or he might be hinting just at some CC that is going to be released soon... but as we are in a "Speculation & rumors" thread :D

Annotazione-2020-08-25-141126.jpg
  • Options
    Just a couple more hours till California wake up
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just a couple more hours till California wake up

yes, indeed. But they usually publish contents between 4-11 PM CEST (which is nearly 8AM-1PM Redwood City time)
    Try to breathe in & breathe out :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,546 Member

You think today is the day?

I do. The Guru's were very quiet on Twitter yesterday so hopefully they were preparing for the teaser/trailer release. 🤞
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Really hope we get a teaser today.
  • Options
    simmietime wrote: »
    Really hope we get a teaser today.

We all do
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Pixelade is also speculating Medieval theme spin off or something is coming. Looking back at those custom icons people made with the dragon. It could make more sense.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xwPqe15p4Y
    I do remember Sims Medieval, was so fun, if limited, but had the best looking and detailed Sims in the series. Also Sims 3 had the Dragon Valley Store item. A whole new world with elves and pet dragons. They already have a framework of sorts with Realm of Magic Familiars.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    A medieval pack would be a dream come true for me... But I still think it's probably star wars or just space looking at the icon. I'm happy with that too, just would like a medieval pack more haha
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    Waiting for the trailer to get released like:

https://youtu.be/-UftRfo3WZE

Awwwwwww thanks for the smile this morning. Sweet helper Pupper. Hehehe also the yawn yes I am tired too pupper, I wanna know.