Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's Claire + Others?

the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle.jpg

I'm disappointed that we still didn't get Claire added to the game when Eco Lifestyle was released. Also, why they didn't add her to the gallery then? The quarantine/pandemic is no excuse cuz they have uploaded a "real life" MAC’s Romero Jennings to the gallery and I don't even care to play with real life people in my game.
Also, they haven't uploaded the house/household from their latest livestrem with Grungerella and her friends. And there's more... There's a ton of sims from trailers that never make into the game:
latest?cb=20140605103353
That blond girl...
latest?cb=20160201002128
The complete Purdue family...
latest?cb=20130815074510
All of those guys...
ts4-pack-art-sp17-nifty-knitting-270x380.png.adapt.crop16x9.320w.png
The nifty knitting family...
Erin: The girl form this gameplay AND the renders from Get Together

And there's many more, even some of the base game render characters from 2014 still didn't make their way to the gallery. Also, simguruMorgan was uploading older families last year like the Smith, the Pleasant, etc... And she stopped doing that? In the 20th anniversary year? I was hoping to see some "forgotten" faces from Sims 1/Console/Urbz/etc this year :/

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    I agree, they should at least upload the sims that they are using in their trailers, but they are not even doing that anymore. They have not uploaded anyone from their trailers since Discover University.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    This, it's very tiresome to search in gallery for every sims that appears in a trailer, they shouldve just put a little bit more effort including them after we install the pack in our personal tray folder like how they include premade restaurant. I still cant find a blonde teen with orange sweater that appeared in a render for base game sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    There are some talented simmers in the gallery that recreate the missing trailer sims. I usually search for those when Maxis doesn’t upload the trailer sims. But I totally agree, I really wish maxis would upload them into the gallery, or include them in the tray by default.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I don't understand. With some packs they upload everything from the trailer but others it seems like they can't be bothered.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2020
    Maybe it is the pandemic that delayed the new uploads? I found out that a lot of old premades (from original TS4 trailers and renders) are available across different SimGurus profile (Zephyr, Lindsay, Jill), at least all of those not uploaded on Maxis profile with #2014Sims
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Onverser that's it. They do that everytime, they don't add any premade sims from trailers/renders, and after we complain a long time, they start doing it for like a couple of packs and the cycle restarts. Like, why is it so hard to upload something to the gallery?!

@ImSands @Izecson Yes, thats it. I would rather have them add them WITH the pack in our tray folder like they did to some premade sims in the base game. OR, they could create a HUGE townie pool, add all of them (even the ones from packs, but only unlocked if you had it installed), isntead of randomly generating ugly bad dressed townies/NPCs. Would love to play a new save to find out who's who in my new game, is Babs L'Amour going to be my bartender? Will the game pick Johnny Smith to be my alien? So many possibilities.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Karon Sometimes it takes a while before they get uploaded. SimGuruZephyr has some of the old Sims on their gallery page. SimCreator050 also has a good bit of trailer Sims on their gallery page. Give those a look.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Karon Sometimes it takes a while before they get uploaded. SimGuruZephyr has some of the old Sims on their gallery page. SimCreator050 also has a good bit of trailer Sims on their gallery page. Give those a look.

@SimCreator050 isn't an official sim guru. And, yeah, I know Zephyr has some of the old ones, but not all of them, you know?! Like, there's Erin nowhere.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yeah, I was looking forward to playing with Claire.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    I agree, this should be a tray situation. In addition to June Kay etc we should get Claire etc etc from all the trailers.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It was the same thing with Realm of Magic. The original trailer sages weren't in the game, and it took weeks (or was it months?) Before they were uploaded to the Gallery - and one of them wasn't even a spellcaster because they just recycled another sim to make her.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would love for all promotional Sims to be available too, because I rarely make my own, but so many players outright hate premades and delete every single one first thing when they start up a new save. It's probably not easy for the devs to determine how much effort they should put into uploading each and every one. Just a thought :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I would love for all promotional Sims to be available too, because I rarely make my own, but so many players outright hate premades and delete every single one first thing when they start up a new save. It's probably not easy for the devs to determine how much effort they should put into uploading each and every one. Just a thought :/

That's why the tray idea some have mentioned works. That way folks who don't like premades don't have to have them in their game but the ones that do can.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I think on some levels, the trailer sims are encouragement for you to try to recreate them and start your own story. They are like an idea for you.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    edited August 2020

That's why the tray idea some have mentioned works. That way folks who don't like premades don't have to have them in their game but the ones that do can.

@fruitsbasket101 I bet people would be more annoyed with premades being added to their tray, than to the save.

@Rouensims I didn't even dreamed that she wouldn't be in the game, she's the main character on all products from renders to trailers. That's the first time the main promotional sim isn't on the game.