July 31 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
July 23 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.
The Sims Spark'd is here! - are you ready? Discuss episode 3 here!

Do you think Maxis will surprise us with another Stuffpack in October?

Comments

  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 1,997 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.
    73d8609b-b28f-4009-8d14-6a55b1ce2147.gif[img][/img]
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited August 2
    Stuff packs have such limited scopes so that's the reason why I don't like them. Time being spent on making stuff packs also takes away time from them making other packs, which could be a reason why we still don't have farming or werewolves for example.

    They also seem to use pretty much the same type of items in every stuff pack (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) which is why we have so many sofas tables chairs etc. but so few kitchen counters.

    I prefer more gameplay, and Maxis have openly admitted that stuff packs does not have any gameplay engineers assigned that can do advanced things like ladders.
  • bellagoth_bellagoth_ Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2
    Calico45 wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    wait even better,
    imagine paying 50 dollars for a lacking expansion pack that got half its content put in 3 different packs

    Now imagine paying $100 so that your gun looks pretty but functions the exact same way. That is the state of cosmetic only DLC in other games (in this case, Valorant). Ridiculous, right? Still, people pay and maybe even enjoyed it. I won't be buying them, though, and I imagine you will not be buying the next stuff pack.

    A lot of DLC is just cosmetic, even in the sims, chairs, tables, shelves, etc. Wish we had more interactive objects, even in stuff packs.

    The similarity is part of my point.

    and you think that's not a problem?
    y'all are just asking ea to make even more garbage packs because y'all will pay for it and still enjoy getting scammed

    To be quite frank, the more content the better. They are choices. Be it a $10 stuff pack, $20 game pack, or a $40 expansion you have the choice of whether you want it or not. The best part of having options is that if it doesn't speak to you, you do not have to have it much less pay for it. If enough people agree with you and do not support it, it will fade away. If not, people are not wrong for liking what they please and using their money accordingly.

    We all want more value for our money, but like the Valorant example you can find worse out there or even rationalize paying crazy amounts. Personally? I feel comfortable spending $10 on a stuff pack I like. If EA wants to put out more, I'll certainly look at them.

    but that is the problem. what content? if they're going to make stuff packs they should at least be full of content but there's barely stuff on them. what i'm also saying is that most of these stuff packs are just leftovers from expansion or game packs that they decided to put in yet another pack because once again people will buy it and ea will keep doing the same; making more and more micro packs lowering not only the quantity of their content, but also the quality
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 86,906 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

    That's cause I want a Pool Stuffpack. I think pools should get an SP so when they do a resort vacation pack they can focus on resorts,more snow activities and honeymoons.

  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 1,997 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

    That's cause I want a Pool Stuffpack. I think pools should get an SP so when they do a resort vacation pack they can focus on resorts,more snow activities and honeymoons.

    I thought they they gave you guys some pool in perfect patio, that would of been great. Anyway, hopefully you will get it.
    73d8609b-b28f-4009-8d14-6a55b1ce2147.gif[img][/img]
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 10,983 Member
    i would be very interested in what the pool stuff pack would bring to the game.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 165 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

    That's cause I want a Pool Stuffpack. I think pools should get an SP so when they do a resort vacation pack they can focus on resorts,more snow activities and honeymoons.

    I thought they they gave you guys some pool in perfect patio, that would of been great. Anyway, hopefully you will get it.

    Not really. The main gameplay thing was hot tubs, which are not unique anymore (neutral there). We got more pool stuff with IL, I'd argue, with all the floats and what not. Get Together had the jump platform.

    It may be a little redundant, but I would like to see the traditional diving board back. Pools have been kind of neglected, but I am not sure what all to do with them myself. I would really like to have a pool bar again, though.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,707 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    just stop it already with the useless stuff packs

    Backyard Stuff was a Stuffpack and it's far from useless. It came with 4 gameplay objects. All Stuffpacks aren't useless.

    imagine paying 10 dollars for some decor and 4 objects with 2 or 3 interactions in them lmao

    imagine paying 20$ to watch a movie for 2 hours at a theatre and then it's done with. imagine paying $10 for a couple cups of coffee that will be gone in half an hour. Imagine judging other people for what they find worth it to spend their own money just because it's not worth it to you.

    I don't have the latest stuff pack yet (but I will get it at some point, for more than $10 because it costs more than $10 in my country) and I'm not rich (far from it as a full timesingle parent working an entry level job part time with no child support) but you know what, I don't buy coffee out, I don't drink alcohal or go to pubs/nightclubs, I dont watch movies in theatres, I don't buy cellphone data or plans (landline here) or have cable tv. But guess what... the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

    On the other hand, if you dn't like the pack and won't use it. then yeah, it's expensive. But judging how others spend their money without knowing how much use they'll get out of the pack is completely pointless because there's no way to tell if it was worth it for them or not.

  • bellagoth_bellagoth_ Posts: 643 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    just stop it already with the useless stuff packs

    Backyard Stuff was a Stuffpack and it's far from useless. It came with 4 gameplay objects. All Stuffpacks aren't useless.

    imagine paying 10 dollars for some decor and 4 objects with 2 or 3 interactions in them lmao

    imagine paying 20$ to watch a movie for 2 hours at a theatre and then it's done with. imagine paying $10 for a couple cups of coffee that will be gone in half an hour. Imagine judging other people for what they find worth it to spend their own money just because it's not worth it to you.

    I don't have the latest stuff pack yet (but I will get it at some point, for more than $10 because it costs more than $10 in my country) and I'm not rich (far from it as a full timesingle parent working an entry level job part time with no child support) but you know what, I don't buy coffee out, I don't drink alcohal or go to pubs/nightclubs, I dont watch movies in theatres, I don't buy cellphone data or plans (landline here) or have cable tv. But guess what... the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

    On the other hand, if you dn't like the pack and won't use it. then yeah, it's expensive. But judging how others spend their money without knowing how much use they'll get out of the pack is completely pointless because there's no way to tell if it was worth it for them or not.

    people does what they want with their money. however i doubt ea deserves all the cash y'all give them for this kind of quality content
    ball-pit.png

    at least watching a movie i can learn something
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,511 Member
    I will still give them my money cause they do the game i love and i spend hours and hours of enjoyment with.
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,511 Member
    I don't get the stuff pack hate. The more the better!!!! Look how much stuff ts3 store had! Just just like then one has the option to buy it or pass if they are not interested. I love stuff!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Not sure if we would get another one this year though....

    You're absolutelly right! The more the better. And if i don't like a pack i don't buy it just like i didn't buy the entire 3's store.
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,511 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

    I'll give you my personal reason for having bought Nifty Knitting and still would buy the new game pack tomorrow if the theme interests me:

    I don't (and i never haven't) play the sims pack by pack. With knitting i have tried plopsy and have had my sim rock in the new chair and that's it for now, because the rest still doesn't integrate in my sim's stories. It will eventually, maybe tomorrow maybe next month or maybe next year. So, not having tried it all i can't be bored with the pack...

    There are tons of stuff i haven't tried yet from packs that i have from the start. I also don't master a skill or an aspiration every time... i do it if im playing a special guy that in fact is a master.

    But what i do know is that if a theme interests me i want to have that gameplay available to make different stories for my sims.

    My play is as deep as the storylines i create and those are deeper if i have more content to use and interconnect in my characters life.

    Just saying that not everyone buys a new pack after the other because is bored of the latest content.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 3,473 Member
    Hmm...

    I buy new dlc for The Sims 4. I do it because I enjoy the game and have a lot of fun.

    Previously when I have tired of a game I took a break from playing. Or I left it altogether.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 1,136 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

    Yes, the fun doesn't last long for them because they rush to finish the aspirations, skills, careers, etc. and go through all the gameplay a new pack offers. That's actually a wrong way to play a sandbox game, because the Sims is not a game you finish. It's like you get a bucket and a spade at the beach and you fill up the bucket with sand and say you're done, when in fact you're meant to use the bucket to create sand castles.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited August 2
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    Where is the sandbox? This game is literally as linear as it can be and this game is depending too much on imagination instead of actual content. If a game is only fun if you use your imagination only, there is a massive problem.

    No matter how many tables and chairs they add to the game, no matter how many layers of paint (EP's/GP's and SP's) they try to paint over it, it's not going to make the game better. (at least not for me).

    The foundation, the base game, is broken. They have to rework many, many core systems in order to make the game remotely fun and entertaining. Personalities, Consequences, SMARTER Sims, Memories, Traits that actually have impact on the gameplay and on the Sims themselves. At this point in time (6 years later already) every single Sim still feels and plays the same.

    If I fight with one Sim, cheat with another Sim, they get angry for 1 second and the moment after they are making jokes and having fun again with eachother. How is that even a thing? They haven't put any resources in developing a decent system to make cheating/fighting have consequences at all. It's always so dull seeing Sims making jokes right after they had a fight or cheated in their lovers faces.

    Do I think they will overhaul the core of the game? Nope. I think because this game is already 6 years old they don't care that much anymore. We all can see how buggy the game is, how buggy new packs are and how long they remain unfixed. They don't give a plum anymore.

    The same will happen with this game like with all the others: Let it die and abandon ship with 50 000 000 bugs so people will jump ship to buy The Sims 5.
    I cannot wait for the developers to start trash talking The Sims 4 the moment they announce The Sims 5. They always do that.

    They always start trash talking the earlier generations when they try sell a new one.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 1,136 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

    Lol. Let’s see:

    TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

    TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

    Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

    My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.


    It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

    Where is the sandbox? This game is literally as linear as it can be and this game is depending too much on imagination instead of actual content. If a game is only fun if you use your imagination only, there is a massive problem.

    No matter how many tables and chairs they add to the game, no matter how many layers of paint (EP's/GP's and SP's) they try to paint over it, it's not going to make the game better. (at least not for me).

    The foundation, the base game, is broken. They have to rework many, many core systems in order to make the game remotely fun and entertaining. Personalities, Consequences, SMARTER Sims, Memories, Traits that actually have impact on the gameplay and on the Sims themselves. At this point in time (6 years later already) every single Sim still feels and plays the same.

    If I fight with one Sim, cheat with another Sim, they get angry for 1 second and the moment after they are making jokes and having fun again with eachother. How is that even a thing? They haven't put any resources in developing a decent system to make cheating/fighting have consequences at all. It's always so dull seeing Sims making jokes right after they had a fight or cheated in their lovers faces.

    Do I think they will overhaul the core of the game? Nope. I think because this game is already 6 years old they don't care that much anymore. We all can see how buggy the game is, how buggy new packs are and how long they remain unfixed. They don't give a plum anymore.

    The same will happen with this game like with all the others: Let it die and abandon ship with 50 000 000 bugs so people will jump ship to buy The Sims 5.
    I cannot wait for the developers to start trash talking The Sims 4 the moment they announce The Sims 5. They always do that.

    They always start trash talking the earlier generations when they try sell a new one.


    I agree with you that some things would greatly improve the game if added to it, but I still get a lot of fun from it without playing cheating sims or sims that fight one another. If I want memories I take pictures and traits are not all useless. My sims get interests, hobbies, careers they pursue, which combined with their traits and life stories makes them quite unique. That's something you need to do, it's not a game fault. Sims making jokes after they had a fight or cheated in their lovers faces is down to them being inconsiderate 🌺🌺🌺🌺, not the game being dull.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2
    Yes, the fun doesn't last long for them because they rush to finish the aspirations, skills, careers, etc. and go through all the gameplay a new pack offers. That's actually a wrong way to play a sandbox game because the Sims is not a game you finish. It's like you get a bucket and a spade at the beach and you fill up the bucket with sand and say you're done, when in fact you're meant to use the bucket to create sand castles.

    There is no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.
    Some people don’t want to play with the bucket or build a sandcastle. They just want to roll in the sand. Other people bury treasure in the sand. Or their friend. Some like making a little zen garden.

    For some folks the sandbox just happens to be too small, so they get annoyed and leave or hope they get a bigger one. Some folks do not like the texture of the sand, because it is not solid enough to drive their little dinky cars around. For others it’s perfect, because it works great with the stout little loader truck that they got.

    There are many things one can do in sandbox. If that particular sandbox isn’t right for them, there is little left to do, except maybe for trying and finding other ways to play in it.
    NXRVII.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 1,136 Member
    Yes, the fun doesn't last long for them because they rush to finish the aspirations, skills, careers, etc. and go through all the gameplay a new pack offers. That's actually a wrong way to play a sandbox game because the Sims is not a game you finish. It's like you get a bucket and a spade at the beach and you fill up the bucket with sand and say you're done, when in fact you're meant to use the bucket to create sand castles.

    There is no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.
    Some people don’t want to play with the bucket or build a sandcastle. They just want to roll in the sand. Other people bury treasure in the sand. Or their friend. Some like making a little zen garden.

    For some folks the sandbox just happens to be too small, so they get annoyed and leave or hope they get a bigger one. Some folks do not like the texture of the sand, because it is not solid enough to drive their little dinky cars around. For others it’s perfect, because it works great with the stout little loader truck that they got.

    There are many things one can do in sandbox. If that particular sandbox isn’t right for them, there is little left to do, except maybe for trying and finding other ways to play in it.


    Well, as long as it gives you fun, sure, you can play it however you want. Just don't say it's boring if the sandbox is obviously not designed for what you're trying to do with it. A little zen garden is not a beach even though both contain sand.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 1,924 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    wait even better,
    imagine paying 50 dollars for a lacking expansion pack that got half its content put in 3 different packs

    I don't 50.00 dollars.I wait until it's 50% percent off.😈
  • AlveAlve Posts: 82 Member
    Honestly stuff packs as a concept are valuable for builders that aren't that into gameplay. IMO they could release 4 SP a year, but the themes needs to be better and actually add valueable stuff; I would love if they made stuffpacks inspired by certain architecture or interior designs, there are so many interesting periods and styles that are lacking in the game.

    I'd be happy with a garden SP, just focused on plants and gardens, or a pack with interior from functionalism, or maybe a pack solely focused on vacation houses (with the gameplay feature of owning properties)...I want more stuffpacks that actually has A BUNCH of stuff in them
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 1,924 Member
    I think stuff packs are disliked.Because there smaller packs .People prefer bigger packs.Than smaller ones .I prefer they focus on bigger packs as well.The other thing is stuff packs are basically the sims 4 store.But unlike the store you cannot buy idivual items.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 7,084 Member
    The later stuff packs seem to be "meatier" than the early ones, at least. I only own 4 of the SPs but when I've looked at the content you get in the older ones, they do seem lacking in comparison to their younger siblings.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 510 Member
    God I hope not. 2 stuff packs is enough for one year
    Sulani ooh na na, half of my heart is in Sulani ooh na na
    tumblr_pst4h30GUj1rr6091o3_r1_500.gifv
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2
    elelunicy wrote: »
    First is Maxis is only a name now. EA bought the name and Will Wright rode off in the sunset. The Sims are owned by Wall Street now and it's all about $$$.

    Lol what are you talking about. EA bought Maxis in 1997, three years before TS1 was even released. Many of Maxis’ games at the time were commercial failures & Will Wright ran out of money and had to sell the studio to EA to survive. Without EA, The Sims would never have been a thing and Maxis would have closed down more than 20 years ago.

    And Will Wright only worked on TS1 & The Sims Online. He did not work on TS2 at all. Will Wright has been a completely irrelevant figure for the franchise for well over 15 years now.

    You are wrong. Will Wright did work on TS2, he did work on it until nightlife.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 74 Member
    Honestly stuff pack (for me) should be a little bigger and more specialized (i do not know how to put it well). I want to have Ikea stuff pack (BM), Inditex (CAS), Beauty (make up and hairs) and something like that instead of Nifty Knitting or My First Pet. I like Moschino stuff pack idea, but due to fact that every pack must have CAS and BM items, there are just a few furnitures and clothes :/
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top