Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Expansion Pack will you never buy - and why?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2020
    None - I own them all!
    I've used all of them in various ways, some probably not as intended. I don't really care for the active careers from GTW, nor owning a business, but i have used it to create retail spaces where my Sims can go shop. I still want to collect several paintings from various artist Sims and have them in an art gallery for my Sims to buy. My biggest project was my department store; I have a bunch of the electronics and plumbing that I had a Sim upgrade (I cheated him to level 10 Handiness and gave him the Handy trait) so my Sims can get top of the line stuff without having to go through the work. I still plan to have a household unlock all the career outfits (unless I can find a cheat) so I can start a couple of clothing stores -- menswear and women's outfits -- because I really like some of them, especially in the Business and Social Media careers.

I'm more interested in the crafting options from Eco Lifestyle than the actual gameplay, at least until the bugs get sorted out. I'm working on a remodel of Brook Bungalow and want to add a crafting room with the knitting stuff, plus a woodworking bench and candle maker.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    None - I own them all!
    Since I enjoy building as much as playing, I like to get as much of the content as I can so I have more options available to me in build/buy mode. :)
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Get Famous
    I only have 2 EP's right now but Get Famous is the one I do not see myself ever buying. It sounds uninteresting to me.

I was very interested in Eco Living, but I have decided I won't buy it until the bugs are taken care of. I wanted it mostly for the look; I thought a polluted, industrial world would be fun to play in, but I don't want to have to constantly struggle to keep it at that level. And the NAPS never interested me at all.

I love animals but I don't like the sound of the Pets gameplay at all. Sick animals and strays (plus the pets dying) would be too upsetting, and the lack of control would be frustrating. I liked the Pets in Sims 2.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Get to Work
    I already have all but the most recent 3 but I want all of them but my least favourite is get to work
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Never say never, but right now, Eco is the one I don't have. If I did decide to buy it, it would be mainly to get the build/buy stuff so when I download from my fave builders I won't be missing anything. But I'm really apprehensive about bugs and performance and invasive features in this pack that I can't stand. So I'm not rushing into it at this time because it seems to be overkilled with its purpose.

I could also use the lot space. Eh. Oh well. We'll probably get another EP in November.
    #Team Occult
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I was actually interested, particularly after the live stream. Then I started reading about all the game breaking issues I don't want in my game. I'm really disappointed.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    With Eco being broken I see no reason why I should buy it. There isn't even a smog monster (or swamp thing) to expand upon my occult sims with.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    None - I own them all!
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Well, I don't know what a N.A.P. is, but your votes and comments have certainly solidified my decision to avoid EL!!
    Off topic I am not going to buy Vampires as that pack seems to harm most other sims.

Knowing what I know now, I would probably not buy Eco Lifestyle, either, for the same reason.

@BoergeAarg61 What do you mean harm to Sims?

Like bite and drink blood from sims.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Get Famous
    I loathe celebrity culture in real life, and hated the experience of it in Late Night in TS3. So much so that I deliberately avoid looking at Build/Buy or Create A Sim assets for this pack, out of fear that I will see something I like too much.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I didn't like the idea of the game directing how I play it. Why muck up the game with smog? I do my part in RL but not so far that it interrupts my life, mind you. Can't run a computer on alternative power, or so my hubby the Engineer says. Where I live now the community recycles, but not glass? I came from CA and we recycle just about everything there, including glass. I don't wish to have my Sims spending time running around and cleaning up their universe to the point of not having a life that I wish for them to have. Others may disagree completely with me, but that's okay. But, I prefer to tell my own stories. Plus, it has its own set of horrendous bugs, I'm gathering from all of the complaints.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    They took the stuff pack we voted for and turned it into a half baked expansion pack with no content worthy of $40.
    Can't wait for arts and crafting expansion pack in a few years too then. lol Not
    Just a worthless cash grab. The reception was very much negative, they had to buy likes on Youtube to counter criticism. Pathetic!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    It just doesn't appeal to my gameplay. Plus I don't like the NAP thing I keep seeing.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    None - I own them all!
    Eco Lifestyle is definitely one I wish I didn't buy.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Eco Lifestyle. Never again without anesthesia.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    For those that chose Eco Lifestyle, would you still choose it if it wasn't for the bugs? I'm just genuinely curious what ya'll think of the expansion itself assuming it didn't have all the issues.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    What a pathetic excuse for a pack. Polluted industrial town to cleaner industrial town is not an environmentally friendly storyline. I would have liked to have replaced dams with rivers, construction areas with national parks and had homes that actually integrate nature. Instead we got Kombucha, candle making and graffiti’d water towers. Hard pass.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    None - I own them all!
    For those that chose Eco Lifestyle, would you still choose it if it wasn't for the bugs? I'm just genuinely curious what ya'll think of the expansion itself assuming it didn't have all the issues.

The bugs are annoying but some other annoying stuff aren't bugs. Some features's execution wasn't was i was expecting it to be so i think i'ld be disapointed anyway.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    None - I own them all!
    I only wish Get Famous would turn off celebrities. Truely off, not this turn it off for new sims, I delete all celebs and then the game just spawns new ones anyways. I clicked "turn off for all new sims"! The game should NOT be spawning new sims after this, yet it does. I'd fully regret this pack if I didn't love the CAS.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Camkat wrote: »
    I only wish Get Famous would turn off celebrities. Truely off, not this turn it off for new sims, I delete all celebs and then the game just spawns new ones anyways. I clicked "turn off for all new sims"! The game should NOT be spawning new sims after this, yet it does. I'd fully regret this pack if I didn't love the CAS.

@Camkat What's wrong with Celebrities? Isn't that the main subject of the Expansion? :)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited August 2020
    Eco Lifestyle

I would most likely get it if the NAPs were less intrusive and the eco footprint not constantly going towards neutral. Purely based on interest and theme, I would prefer eco lifestyle over get Famous. I was looking forward to candle making, fabrication, generating your own electricity, some BB objects like the card board doll house and the big sliding windows. But NAPs sound awful and intrusive that I'm not convinced to get it.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Eco Lifestyle

I don't know, because I think I still won't be able to completely turn this off in game options. There's an option in there to turn this stuff off, but it doesn't work. With Seasons, I have rain and snow options at none, but it still rains and snows. With Get Famous, it's in name only-- they don't gain fame, but the game treats them like they do. The expansion options are useless. I have a feeling that they might fix Eco so that the NAPs become less obnoxious, but I'll never able to totally turn them off. Bugs and disappointment come standard with these packs, and I mostly get them for build/buy, CAS, and new interactions between sims, but this is hands down the most irritating one I've had.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    None - I own them all!
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

@Camkat What's wrong with Celebrities? Isn't that the main subject of the Expansion? :)

You know what? Nothing is wrong with them. Actually they're implemented pretty well this time around (IMO). I just don't want them in every single save. Some of my dystopian saves they just don't fit the story and it's immersion breaking to have an apocalyptic world I spent literally weeks building suddenly have 5 star celebrity walking around with a photographer chasing them. In another save I have, I wanted to control everyone and who did what and what celebrity level they were etc... and the game just spawns more as townies. No. Please just no. Fine if it's turned on but when it's turned off, it should be OFF, not half off. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    ECO lifestyle didn't interest me from the first time I heard of it, however I probably would have purchased it anyway, but every time I got tempted I came here first, read about the over powered NAPs, and the bugs, and I would change my mind.

If they tone down the NAPs, Maybe I will pick it up when it goes on sale for $14.99, but I am only interested in the build/CAS items, so not paying full price for that.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Eco Lifestyle

No, I still wouldn't choose it. I personally never found the choice of N.A.P.s appealing, and since that's a big part of the game, I had no interest in it. Aesthetically, I'm not really interested in the CAS/BB that much. I have no problem with the eco-conscious theme though. It's just overall the ideas behind flawed execution just doesn't fit into how I want to play my game.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Get to Work
    I'm only missing Get to Work and I doubt I'll buy it. I'm not that excited for the aliens or Sixam or active careers. The CAS is okay, there are a couple of nice items, but not must have. I'm not sure whether I'd really use the build items at all. Baking skill could be nice, but I manage without it.

I like the other EPs :)