Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get island living, city living or seasons?

2...Next

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Seasons
    I would get seasons 1st. It brings more feels to the game. After which I would only get the other 2 when on sale. While I did buy City Living the day it came out, I dont really use it that much other than to go to the occasional festival. I bought Island Living probably several months after release and got it on sale. I mostly only go to Sulani when I send sims out on a honeymoon or family vacation. But I have yet to play with mermaids.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    City living
    If you don’t have many packs, I would go with city living ( a world with lots of apartments, festivals, and a few careers). Or Island living, a world with oceans to swim in, an active career, several part time careers and odd jobs. If you don’t have get together it has 3 great active careers, and retail. Seasons gets in my way sometimes with all the rain.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Seasons
    With seasons, it gives you 3 more extra worlds for every world you have. The seasonal changes are so beautiful! The calendar system is brilliant too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    City living
    In seasons the holidays get annoying and yesterday my sim died swimming during a blizzard he did not autonomously

At least he made my sim pregnant before his death ( TRIPLETS )
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    Seasons
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seasons
    I'd have to say Seasons, Island Living was a huge let down and there's not much to do in the City.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    Seasons
    I ended up getting seasons when they were on a sale, thanks everyone for your information and thoughts, I am definitely coming back to this the next time I get an expansion.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2020
    Seasons
    Seasons hands down! It offers the most gameplay wise and also I feel weather is a necessity to me. The other packs are good but I don’t think either are worth the full $40 price. I’d wait for IL to be 25% or 50% off, same for CL. Seasons I’d get for full price
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Seasons
    Sims without seasons is just meh. I haven't bought the game until seasons and pets pack were out.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    Island living
    Oh boy! I voted in the minority! *haha* I have all three packs, but my favorite by far is Island Living. It's just personal preference. I hate winter, so of course I would love the pack that looks like ENDLESS SUMMER. *A*

I have to say, I think Seasons is gorgeous, but it's one that does not add any worlds, but affect all the other worlds. Brindleton Bay is BEAUTIFUL in winter, but some of the smaller things like Rain/Blizzards/Monsoons/Lightning I'm just so-so on. I don't *need* to have them, but they are nice to have.

If I had to buy in order, I would buy Island Living, Seasons, and City Living last. It depends on what you want.
    Island Living = Vacation, beaches, sun, water, dolphins, mermaids, conservationist career

Seasons = All the existing worlds can change to reflect four seasons. No new world, but the landscape changes. You will also see a mashup of the seasons, so you'll get days where it looks like spring/winter (bare trees, but everything is melting), or fall/winter (where you have colorful leaves but it's starting to snow.

City Living = Apartments! This one is cool if you want more urban landscapes. This one has some really colorful furniture.

I have to agree with the others. If this is your first expansion, I wouldn't start out with Seasons, simply because it does not add a new world. You would just be stuck looking at Willow Creek in 4 seasons. If I were to suggest my favorite two expansion backs it would be Island Living and Get Together. If you enjoy building lots, Windenberg from Get Together is absolutely gorgeous and parts of it look like an old countryside. The build/buy has furniture/walls in old European styles.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    City living
    City Living allows for a real singing skill, plus there's the ability to paint murals. It all depends on what you're looking for. I rarely play Island Living, but I do enjoy the furniture, et al. I have Seasons, but sometimes, it rains all Spring long. I'm just not so into soggy. But without rain, it's like you don't have seasons in the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Island living
    I voted for Island Living because it has been one of my favorites so far. I also have seasons and it definitely adds a more realistic feel to the game with all the different weather conditions and holidays. I just prefer the scenery that comes with Island Living. I checked out city living before buying the others and just wasn't impressed with the items it included.