March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight July 31- A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

Let's start this Friday Highlights post with a little joke:

What did the wife spider say to her husband when he tried to explain why he was late?
You are spinning me a yarn here!

This week has been all about knitting and being crafty - and for good reasons! Not only is knitting really great for your wellbeing, but also - as the name suggests - the theme of the latest Sims 4 Stuff Pack: Nifty Knitting that was released earlier this week.

So how are all your scarves coming along? :smiley:

2f2lbxgtilrr.png
Now that's why I call dedication! - by @ParmaViolet87 found here.

But today is not only about knitting, of course. Let's have a look what else has been going on here on the forum:
  • Have you been wondering what your fellow Simmers have been up to recently? Then you might want to check out "Post the last screenshot you took in The Sims 4" by @catloverplayer. Here you can find the good, the bad, the funny, and the little things that make The Sims so great! :)
  • Just when I started to get bored of my go-to playlist, I stumbled across @Thebookthief24's "What music are you listening to right now?" and have been getting major inspo for my new daily soundtrack! (I'm listening to Semisonic - Closing Time right now. What a fitting song to listen to on a Friday! ;) )
  • Do you know what goes well with listening to music? Building of course! :smiley: And once you have found your tune, take a peek at @masajo's amazing builds in "**Creations by masajo** **Illuminate**" - they will make you want to start building right away!
  • @Onverser asks "How would you rank the Game Packs?" and for me, this has been a very tough question. Is Island Living (where was my head!? 😇) or Realm of Magic my number 1 ... I just can't decide! What is your favourite pack? :)
  • After "Things you didn't know" in Sims 4 was featured in last week's Friday Highlights, today we have "Sims 3 Things you didn't know!" (fair is fair, right?) by @Pancakesandwich. Like, vampires and ghosts are immune to the weather - why can't I be immune to weather?! :tired_face: Well, at least having not-so-nice weather on a Friday means one good thing: cuddling up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa (with marshmallows of course!) and my favourite Sims family!

Enjoy checking out these discussions, hopefully, you like them! :) And, like always, should you have any recommendations, please send them my way! :smiley:

And now that we are all in the weekend mood: have an awesim weekend and happy Simming! :heart:

- Leeloo
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    WOW @EA_Leeloo a very big thank you for mentioning my thread, such a wonderful surprise that's really made my day :) I love reading the Friday highlights each week, they always lead me to places I never knew existed :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Thanks for the highlights! I don't know why but lately the banners haven't been working for me.

Have a great weekend! 😊💚
    Me neither @simgirl1010 I only knew because dear @rosemow told me :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    [...]
    How would you rank the Game Packs? and for me, this has been a very tough question. Is Island Living or Realm of Magic my number 1 ...
    [...]
    - Leeloo

So EA finally admits that Island Living is just a Game Pack?!

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    [...]
    How would you rank the Game Packs? and for me, this has been a very tough question. Is Island Living or Realm of Magic my number 1 ...
    [...]
    - Leeloo

So EA finally admits that Island Living is just a Game Pack?!

Ooops
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    @EA_Leeloo thank you so much for the mention! :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your replies! :heart:

@masajo You are very welcome and it was totally deserved! :smiley: I'm delighted to hear you're enjoying the Friday Highlights!

@simgirl1010 @masajo My pleasure! :blush: When you're saying that banners aren't working for you, what is (or isn't) happening on your end? You can also send me a DM if you prefer.

@Erja888 ah, how embarrassing! I guess my love for Island Living (and probably the rather late hour in my timezone) got the better of me. Needless to say, that's not a GP but an EP, of course! :sweat_smile: Thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure it won't happen again. :)

@ParmaViolet87 Of course, how could I not include that screenshot?! #KnittersArentQuitters :joy:
    @EA_Leeloo since the start of the Friday Highlights I always got a weekly notification with a link on my profile page that led to the Highlights page. For a little while now I've not been getting that notification/link. I used to find it very useful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo That is curious and I'm not really sure how that worked beforehand because the Friday Highlights discussion is created as a new thread every week so there wouldn't be automatic notifications (since you can't bookmark/subscribe to the thread beforehand to be notified if that makes sense).
    But visible to you there should be the blue banner on top of the page with the link that takes you straight to the current Friday Highlights. :)

Apologies if I misunderstand you regarding the notifications; right now I can't make sense of it.
    @EA_Leeloo Yes it's the blue banner I meant, it used to pop up every week but it hasn't shown up for some time :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    @EA_Leeloo, this banner which only shows if I log out.

tprDMjZ.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,714 Member
    To me it shows even when logged in, but only if I use chrome, not at any other browser
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Leloo -Hi there!I've got the banner at the top of the page on this site though my backgound is showing as Dragon Valley because of an extesion on my browser being active.I've had sims knitting cloth in TS2 in my BACC game.That town got started in 1840 and it's currently the fall of 1841 there now and both families are getting ready for winter.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @masajo @simgirl1010 Apologies, that was way too much of a back and forth there - my brain must've checked out.
    But either way, that is odd ... the settings for the banner are the same they have always been so that can't be the reason either. Let me follow up on that. :)

@TadOlson Glad to hear the banners are working for you with your browser extension. :) It looks like your two families are well-established! Hopefully, the winter won't get too cold!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not seeing the banners either @EA_Leeloo either on Chrome or Opera (Opera is usually my first choice).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Thanks for letting me know @stilljustme2! I'll update you all when I know more about this. :)