Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want fatal flaws (required negative traits) in TS4

To make you sims more dynamic! No more Mary Sues. Its easy to creative the perfect sims. Good,happy, creative/athletic/etc. They'll be happy and easy to play all the time. The Sims Medieval has fatal flaws. They are required negative traits that add some dynamic to your sims. I dont think TS4 will ever rehaul their personality system, but even with something like this, it can add more depth to their personality with their own buffs. Traits like clusmy or squeamish does this already, but if one were mandatory there would be no 'perfect' sims. And if we had more than 3 slots or more powerful traits it can do a lot more to add personality to your sims.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The fatal flaws in Sims 3:
    "Fatal Flaws come in different types. These are social, motive, behavior, and physical Flaws. Some are worse than others. Bloodthirsty is worse than Drunkard, for example. There are more comparisons that could be made, but here's the list of Flaws:

Bloodthirsty,Cruel,Insecure,Misanthrope,Licentious,Uncouth

Motive Flaws:
    Glutton,Insomniac,Morose,Cursed

Behavior Flaws:
    Cowardly,Compulsive Gambler,Drunkard,Fool,Hubris

Physical Flaws
    Puny,Weak, Constitution,Guild Enemy
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    You can easily add fatal flaws from with the buyable traits. Regular traits can also be used a fatal flaws, depending on your play style. Everybody tends to give their sims the best traits to help them tell their story, but you don't need to.
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    None of the traits are worth salt in this version of Sims it doesn't add much and where it subtracts tends to be around flaws with either the AI or game design. Some might even say 'Bad AI & Bugs' is a flaw your sims have that's already in the game!

The trait system in general lacks consequences, depth of personality change, and activity(world interactions favored by the trait system).

Also I'm not very fond of the idea of making something that already exists in the game mandatory. Some people will no doubt feel different than you and want different things for their Sims.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I enjoy the flaws in the Sims Medieval but the way the game is set up they'd probably need to give us an extra slot for it, and some new traits as well, so it probably wouldn't happen.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited July 2020
    Absolutely love these and other trait in medieval
    but also I feel they would need to be more powerful / weird things for ts4
    since lot of traits backfire anyway and its very similar tbh

whale ate my parents? absolutely would love that yes lets go shout sea side
    licentious? eh we sort of have it with romantic trait already

and so forth
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2020
    One of my main characters is a glutton and a slob.

I have a character with the “whale ate my parents” trait, thanks to a mod.
    I also have characters with PTSD and BPD, and other interesting traits, thanks to other creative mods. I have a Sim who is addicted to bubble blowing, partly through game play, and partly through the use of semi-relevant mods (no adult ones).

I love our mod creators. <3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: