Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your ideas for group activities?

Hi everyone :)

I thought we could collect ideas for group activites (activities for more than 2 Sims). Group activities are the things I really feel are lacking in TS4. We can't even build a snow man or a sandcastle with more than 2 Sims, and even soccer is reduced to only 2 Sims...

I wish we had more activities for families and friends to do TOGETHER! So here are my ideas:

- baking and cooking together with up to 8 Sims (the developers could stick that option to tables - so in groups sims will not use the kitchen counter to prepare food, but do the majority of preparation on the table or on a kitchen island and then only cook/bake the stuff in the kitchen)
- real soccer matches like we had in TS3
- mini golf for up to 8 sims
- volleyball/beach volleyball for up to 12 sims
- play on playground option for toddlers and kids (also possibly preteens if we get them?), by which they really play TOGETHER and build relationships with each other and more playground equipment, up to 12 sims
- billard table for up to 8 sims (wow, it has been 5 years and we still don't have it)
- afternoon strolls in groups (with couples holding hands and parents holding hands with their kids etc, also take your dog with you - and also, a stroller for toddlers and babies)
- waterball game and marco polo in pools for up to 8 sims
- games for children and toddlers that don't need any objects like tag, hide and seek etc. for up to 12 sims
- picnic basket for up to 6 sims to have a picnic (toddlers and children included)
- more board games that are not stuck to certain tables - you can have them in your inventory or in chests/on shelves and take them out on the table to play for up to 8 sims

What are your ideas? :)

Also: Please don't use this thread to spread hateful negativity about the game. I know lots of you aren't content with what TS4 is and for me, I am not fully content either. There are lots of things still missing, even though it has been more than 5 years at this point. I won't even mention personality and attraction systems at this point (I do miss those too). But really, I want to use this thread to collect ideas for the developers to implement if possible, in a positive manner :) So please refrain from negative discussions and arguments (but you can state your opinion of course!).

Dakota :)

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Double dating or 3rd wheel dating.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Double dating or 3rd wheel dating.

That would be really cool, yes, coming with a new jelousy and attraction system!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Activities for more than one sim requires a lot of animations, and they always say that animations are hard to do. Also, sims in TS4 don't seem to join in activities easily. I remember in TS2 my sims liked to start a game of kicky bag and everyone eventually joined in. I think it would be nice if there was an option to cook together cookies or something or to teach other sim how to cook.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    Activities for more than one sim requires a lot of animations, and they always say that animations are hard to do.

Depending on the activity, creating animations can be difficult but they could easily be multiplied and used for a whole army of sims. The challenge lies within the coding and making sure the library of animations, fx and sound fx created for a specific activity are played out correctly within a given 'cause and effect' simulation. Adding more sims is subject to what this activity demands of these simulated mechanics.

@Dakota88, I would also like to see activities based on close body contact, such as going for a stroll hand in hand/ arm in arm, kids dancing in a circle holding hands, skipping rope with up to 5 kids, pillow fights, wrestling or obstacle courses where sims may or may not help each other.

But at the moment my main wish for a group activity would be a band or a musical ensemble.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Activities for more than one sim requires a lot of animations, and they always say that animations are hard to do.

Depending on the activity, creating animations can be difficult but they could easily be multiplied and used for a whole army of sims. The challenge lies within the coding and making sure the library of animations, fx and sound fx created for a specific activity are played out correctly within a given 'cause and effect' simulation. Adding more sims is subject to what this activity demands of these simulated mechanics.

@Dakota88, I would also like to see activities based on close body contact, such as going for a stroll hand in hand/ arm in arm, kids dancing in a circle holding hands, skipping rope with up to 5 kids, pillow fights, wrestling or obstacle courses where sims may or may not help each other.

But at the moment my main wish for a group activity would be a band or a musical ensemble.

I think the difficulty is getting sims to act together as a group. Right now they can't even sit and have lunch together properly, or witness weddings. They could do things like running, or swim racing but they wouldn't really be a group activity.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I think the difficulty is getting sims to act together as a group. Right now they can't even sit and have lunch together properly, or witness weddings. They could do things like running, or swim racing but they wouldn't really be a group activity.

Absolutely. TS4's game engine seems to have difficulties dealing with this kind of AI simulation. Cause, effect, reactions etc. tend to generate simulation lags, so depending on the group activity it can really only be very simple and not involve too many sims. The engine can't handle it.
    As you mentioned, Non-contact, straight forward activities such as swimming or dancing, don't really cause any problem and are relatively easy to implement. TS4 struggles when sims have to (emotionally) react to something as a group, while they're participating in one or multiple activities.

Apologies OP, don't mean to go OT. Just mentioning why certain large group activities may be harder to accomplish than others. I'm done now. ;)
    Looking forward to seeing other people's ideas!
    No, it's not really OT, don't worry, you can discuss it here if you want. :)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want a teen hangout not like the trait where teens just walk by but a place where teens can hang out like an actual teen hangout trait like for instance after school a lot of kids hung out at McDonald's for like an hour or two since it was right up the street from our H.S. and MCDONALD'S made a lot of profit because we were hungry teens lol.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I thought we could collect ideas for group activites (activities for more than 2 Sims). Group activities are the things I really feel are lacking in TS4. We can't even build a snow man or a sandcastle with more than 2 Sims, and even soccer is reduced to only 2 Sims...

I wish we had more activities for families and friends to do TOGETHER! So here are my ideas:

- baking and cooking together with up to 8 Sims (the developers could stick that option to tables - so in groups sims will not use the kitchen counter to prepare food, but do the majority of preparation on the table or on a kitchen island and then only cook/bake the stuff in the kitchen)
    - real soccer matches like we had in TS3
    - mini golf for up to 8 sims
    - volleyball/beach volleyball for up to 12 sims
    - play on playground option for toddlers and kids (also possibly preteens if we get them?), by which they really play TOGETHER and build relationships with each other and more playground equipment, up to 12 sims
    - billard table for up to 8 sims (wow, it has been 5 years and we still don't have it)
    - afternoon strolls in groups (with couples holding hands and parents holding hands with their kids etc, also take your dog with you - and also, a stroller for toddlers and babies)
    - waterball game and marco polo in pools for up to 8 sims
    - games for children and toddlers that don't need any objects like tag, hide and seek etc. for up to 12 sims
    - picnic basket for up to 6 sims to have a picnic (toddlers and children included)
    - more board games that are not stuck to certain tables - you can have them in your inventory or in chests/on shelves and take them out on the table to play for up to 8 sims

What are your ideas? :)

Also: Please don't use this thread to spread hateful negativity about the game. I know lots of you aren't content with what TS4 is and for me, I am not fully content either. There are lots of things still missing, even though it has been more than 5 years at this point. I won't even mention personality and attraction systems at this point (I do miss those too). But really, I want to use this thread to collect ideas for the developers to implement if possible, in a positive manner :) So please refrain from negative discussions and arguments (but you can state your opinion of course!).

Dakota :)

I absolutely LOVE every one of your ideas! How fantastically fun would that be!

I had already sort of thought about group cooking, or at least partner cooking, maybe one would snuggle up behind the other while doing dishes for a quick hug, kids standing on chairs "helping" to wash dishes or drying them.

But seriously, they are all fabulous!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I want my Sims to play in a band/orchestra together! I would also like them to take walks together.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Marcopolo, play tag
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - Volley ball up to 8 Sims
    - Soccer up to 8 Sims
    - Dancing can couples finally dance together its only been 6 years
    - Kids ride bikes together
    - Tag
    - Jump rope
    - Martial arts where you can practice or fight with other Sims
    - Bands or just friends playing music I'd love to see my Sims actually play a song together
    - Ride jet ski together I want to see Island Living updated so bad
    - Play pool at least 4 Sims
    - Marco polo I need group activities for the pool
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I agree with other posters.
    I want more pool activities like Marco Polo, diving games, holding your breath contests, and maybe even a pool volleyball or basketball hoop.
    Kids should be able to play tag, jump rope, and play house (we need play kitchens back).
    I'd love to see more dancing options such as ballet classes, tap dancing, and couples dancing (especially romantic dances!).
    Give me board game nights!
    I want mini golf, carnivals, arcades, etc.

The lack of group activities is frustrating!
    edited August 2020
    Also, I REALLY want bands!!! And a dance classes with couple dancing, tap dancing and ballet!

The lack of group activities is frustrating!

Oh yes, totally. Whenever my Sim family meets, I don't know what to do with them... Also when my children meet their friends. All they can do is sit and talk!