Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion: Minimalist Trait

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
Recently my sim got a long negative status from being in a room with no paintings or decorations (although it had walls and floors). I was thinking a minimalist trait would make Sims not care about the aesthetics & they would not be offended by not having a bunch of clutter & art.
I'm trying to play characters who live in the woods & don't need a lot of fancy stuff.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    From what I have read around the forums, you can supposedly cut that off.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You can turn decor effects off in Settings now I believe.

EL added a trait that makes your Sims tense if you buy new objects. I think that kinda works for the “minimalist” thing you’re going for.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    @Chazzy my point was to avoid negative moodlets not add them. LOL. But I see what you mean, it might be taken both ways.
    I know you can turn off emotional auras for objects but I don't think there is a way to turn off a Sim getting upset because the walls & floors aren't decorated enough. I think someone said it was because I had no wallpapers up & no flooring installed or something so my Sim got upset & it lasted hours.
    Is there a cheat code to end a negative moodlet? I had forgotten to put wallpaper on 1 wall in the room & my Sim was mad about it for hours. LOL.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    @Chazzy my point was to avoid negative moodlets not add them. LOL. But I see what you mean, it might be taken both ways.
    I know you can turn off emotional auras for objects but I don't think there is a way to turn off a Sim getting upset because the walls & floors aren't decorated enough. I think someone said it was because I had no wallpapers up & no flooring installed or something so my Sim got upset & it lasted hours.
    Is there a cheat code to end a negative moodlet? I had forgotten to put wallpaper on 1 wall in the room & my Sim was mad about it for hours. LOL.

That is literally what the option in Settings does. It makes it so Sims no longer are affected by the decor of a room. So, if you disable the option in Settings, a Sim being in a room with expensive objects, flooring, and wallpaper will no longer get the “Nicely Decorated” moodlet which puts them in a Happy mood.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Suceress wrote: »

That is literally what the option in Settings does. It makes it so Sims no longer are affected by the decor of a room. So, if you disable the option in Settings, a Sim being in a room with expensive objects, flooring, and wallpaper will no longer get the “Nicely Decorated” moodlet which puts them in a Happy mood.

Hmm.. I'll have to play around with it and see if that is how it works. I didn't have any decor items with mood altering at all when I got a negative moodlet on a Sim. It seems the emotional aura was disabled by default when I did place an item. I had to turn it on. So I don't believe the setting for a painting (or similar item) was what caused it. I basically want a Sim to be ok with unfinished walls & no floor tiles. LOL.