Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negative Simoleons?

Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
Okay, it was my first time seeing this, but I started a new game and replaced the random starter Sim with a family I regularly play from my library. I aged down the kids one stage and clicked the check mark. Then, somehow, the family had assets in the negatives. They could not buy a home even with the free real estate cheat. I started a new game and that random Sim did not have the same problem. Has anyone else seen this before?

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah, for the record I play vanilla. I have never had a mod or cc in my game.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Seems like some type of glitch.. could you merge them into another household maybe, then split them back up? It’s the only thing I can think of that might fix that issue.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Seems like some type of glitch.. could you merge them into another household maybe, then split them back up? It’s the only thing I can think of that might fix that issue.

Afraid it would not let me at the time. Where I started a new game it had all the extra restrictions of not allowing me to delete the family and just do that part over. Also, it had seven people in it so I did not try very hard before just scraping the game, but I am fairly certain it was soft locked.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    That’s odd.. if it doesn’t happen again I’d say it’s an unlucky glitch. If it continues I’d maybe make a bug report, and might be best to save any Sims you make to your library just in case.