Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Finally Came Back to Sims 3

2...Next

Comments

• alwaysraeealwaysraee Posts: 36 Member
    Me too! I had the base game for soooo many years. My bf just got me 3 new expansion packs but little does he know, I had a few extra dollars on my other card and got 2 extra ones lol (shhh dont tell him lol) so now I had 5 new expansions...I'm beyond excited to see what I can do now!
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I know this is a necro, but I thought I'd respond to a question in the OP. What keeps bringing me back is... Well, life. It's not action packed, or filled with brain busting puzzles. I don't need to display precise timing or anything. It's just... Life. There's something so soothing about watching a single sim live their everyday life, find love, raise a family, and for the process to continue on to the next generation.

The first time I tried TS3 I micromanaged every second of my sim's life. And I was bored After five hours I asked myself "Why am I still playing this?" And I couldn't answer the question, so I uninstalled. When I bought TS3 as part of a starter bundle sale that included the base game, an EP, and a Stuff Pack (that bundle is now the Starter Set) I had intended to just play for a couple hours to justify the money spent then uninstall again.

That time I set Free Will to the highest it could go, and only ordered the sim if they were doing something stupid like trying to stay up all night when they have work at 9am or refusing to eat/use the toilet. I helped my sim achieve Wishes, but otherwise let the sim live their own life with me merely being an observer. 20 hours later I finally signed out to go to bed. That first week I had nearly 80 hours of play time. I still couldn't explain why I played for 20 hours or kept going back. To this day I have trouble explaining it. It's just... Life.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.