Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Episode 2 Elimination Challenge Breakdown

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
The Sims™ Spark’d is now live! Episode 2 premiered today, and we’re catching
up with one of our judges, Dave Miotke aka SimGuruNinja. Be warned: there are
spoilers ahead. If you missed the episode, you can catch it on BuzzFeed Multiplayer
on July 27!

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Interesting read.

Yeah, I thought they both struggled to meet the challenge, especially after Team Llama smoked everyone in the competition! I did not at all understand Team Cowplant's story, lol, what the heck happened? They needed more voice acting. But I appreciated that they made an effort to combine the university student life, island mermaids and beautiful rain from seasons, so it was visually entertaining, and the character from the previous challenge was better included.

Team Gnome's story was funnier, but I didn't recognize anything from Strangerville. I think if they took the story to Strangerville and added a twist with the strange plants and the character from the previous challenge, then they could have won. Strangerville is one of my favourite packs so I was disappointed that they ignored it. I'm happy the judges did not just choose Team Gnome because of the popularity of English Simmer and Plumbella. I think it was a close call but they made the right choice.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think it would have been more of a challenge if they'd required the teams to pick one EP, one GP and one SP. How do you incorporate an SP meaningfully? Would the Backyard water slide cause mermaids to grow tails? Or maybe a vampire terrorizes the world while dressed as a giant hamster from MFPS? :D

The other thing about the final result -- the judges said that the finish in the first competition would have an impact on the vote in the final judging. So Cowplant was first, Gnome was second and Llama was third. For Llama to start in third and make it to the winner's circle they pretty much had to smoke the competition...which they did (losing out on Dine Out to Team Gnome may have been a blessing in disguise; they got a much stronger story line out of Get Famous). That first place finish may have given Team Cowplant enough of an advantage to edge out Team Gnome.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)