Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighters have been better...

2...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    QXlggpw.png

The other funny thing about that picture is the scratch pole and the way it has proven to be utterly useless.

Lol, stubborn barn cat. :neutral:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    My sim started another fire and I decided to not wait for the fire department to help out and got the other sim to help extinguish the fire. Anyway, the fire brigade showed up, warned me about fire safety and then I thought they would leave. Well, I actually hoped they would do the sexy dance and then leave, but they just high fived each other then one of them left. The other one decided he was very tired and took a nap on my sim's couch. :lol:

QXlggpw.png
    Poor guy all the poofing tired him out get this poor Sim a fire truck.

I let him nap a little while then sent him on is way. :lol:

After a real fire in a block of flats in my road I went to the local Chinese takeaway and found the firemen putting in a block order! They fully deserved it!

Was the fireman one of your played Sims or a random one? With 70 families (200 plus) I find my own Sims are doing the bartending and waitering etc.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    My sim started another fire and I decided to not wait for the fire department to help out and got the other sim to help extinguish the fire. Anyway, the fire brigade showed up, warned me about fire safety and then I thought they would leave. Well, I actually hoped they would do the sexy dance and then leave, but they just high fived each other then one of them left. The other one decided he was very tired and took a nap on my sim's couch. :lol:

QXlggpw.png

After a real fire in a block of flats in my road I went to the local Chinese takeaway and found the firemen putting in a block order! They fully deserved it!

Was the fireman one of your played Sims or a random one? With 70 families (200 plus) I find my own Sims are doing the bartending and waitering etc.

Just a random sim. I don't have that many families in my game, but recently one sim was drafted to be a yoga instructor. I am going to let him keep the hobby on the side as it fits with his story and he's fit. :smiley:
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

QXlggpw.png

@Simburian With the firemen being just random sims I noticed a good 30%-40% of my own Sims are doing the NPC jobs like bartending, waitering, mentoring at the gym etc.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I honestly think firefighters were something just thrown in last-minute, with as few new animations and resources as possible used.

In my opinion, if a door is locked, they should break it down with an ax. They, at most, may talk with members of the active household a bit, but they should show up, put the fire out, and leave. Autonomous dancing, singing, watching TV, and other stuff, no. That's a big problem with Sim autonomy anyway, and a part of the reason many turn it off.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    So I thought they fixed the outdoor retreat fire pit always catching on fire problem. My sim lights the fire, plays his 15,000 simolean violin and catches on fire. The game would not let him put the fire put nor call the fire department until he ran across the lot, woke up the sleeping toddlers that were not in danger and stand on the opposite side of the lot while everything burned.

When the sim was able to call the fire dept, the two fire fighters arrived, entered the cabin, looked confused, never went to the back side of the lot to put out the fire, I finally got my sim to put out the fire after his violin, a bench and horseshoes were destroyed. Firefighters stood there for hours doing NOTHING.

One of the toddlers that were not controlled by my household wondered off the lot and her mother never got her, just plumb forgot about the kid laying in her filthy diaper sleeping on the ground.

this game is strange
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱