Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dig up Clams / Oysters + kelp farming

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
I recently purchased several packs (including Island Living & Jungle Adventure) but my internet is slooooow so they haven't finished downloading yet (it will likely take a week to get everything downloaded). But, I started thinking about an idea I've wanted for awhile that I wanted with Sims 3.

Sims can already harvest rocks, plants, catch frogs, dig for stuff, etc so I was thinking it would be nice if Sims could catch clams. I saw a similar idea mentioned awhile back in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/822111/grottos-and-clams-and-pearls-oh-my but I didn't want to necro-post. Loved her "Hey you with the arms and the face and the limbs" intro. LOL. She suggested catching clams via fishing, but clams wouldn't grab a hook.

So, I would like to have nodes that work like the frog stumps, rocks, or such where Sims can go to the spot and dig for clams in freshwater. In sea water they can dig for oysters. Or maybe there can be a mix where they can dig for "shellfish" and they can get either. They can be opened to have clam meat & sometimes pearls.

Sims should be able to have an area where they can sort of plant clams after seeding them with sand so they can make pearls. Sams can then have their own clam/oyster farm.

I live in a rural area near a river. As a child, we used to go down to the river to the sandy bank & dig up clams. We could even dig oysters in the shallows when we went to the beach (when we lived elsewhere). So I think it would be fun to have that in the game.

While digging Sims can find other things perhaps- rubbish, simoleons, angry crabs, etc. As an extension, crayfish mounds would be cool & it would be neat to see Sims catching them as well.

I think there was some sort of Mermaid pack for Sims3 but my computer had been giving me trouble by that point so I don't remember being able to play it. I know in the current one there is a special type of kelp, but I would like to expand upon that. I would like for Sims to be able to create kelp/seaweed farms on the water. IRL, kelp/seaweed can help clear up garbage & pollution. Some even create a form of fruit. I'd love to have Sims be able to create/cultivate their own kelp farms. Maybe they can share a space or be near the clam digging. There can be new recipes involving clams, kelp, and seaweed. Perhaps there could be dulse seaweed (which is red & allegedly tastes like bacon when cooked). Kelp & seaweed could be dried out to create a type of vegetarian jerky.

For people who want things to be kept dry, I suggest cacti. We could have dragonfruit & cactus apples in the dry areas.

Maybe there could even be giant clams that Sims don't harvest meat from, but Sims can search them for pearls & other crud that may have gotten inside. Like old boots, flippers, handful of sand, snorkel and mask, etc.

If any of these things have already been implemented, please let me know.