Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New bugs with every patch.

I can't tell how much I hate it, when all I can do instead of play is trying to fix problems. We had a patch yesterday, and now some of the residental houses have turned into something else, and I can't fix it without moving my poor sims out of their home. Furthermore I feel like being made fun with: Name your cowplant, when most of the plants are working badly, and the cowplant looks like a baby and don't grow back. Will this ever be fixed? And when I put my sims to sleep, they wake up after a short time. They didn't do that last Wednesday.

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sadly the Bugs come with patches and packs. We got to wait for a fix or a mod.
  • Rooby0110Rooby0110 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not quite sure where to put this. But since the update 24/7/2020. Whenever I try to load a new game, the CAS menu is just a black screen with the top 3 right icons on screen and nothing comes up when I click them. I've deleted all the mods that would of be outdated by the updated aswell as CC but it hasn't changed anything, the screen is still black when it loads. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2020
    Rooby0110 wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure where to put this. But since the update 24/7/2020. Whenever I try to load a new game, the CAS menu is just a black screen with the top 3 right icons on screen and nothing comes up when I click them. I've deleted all the mods that would of be outdated by the updated aswell as CC but it hasn't changed anything, the screen is still black when it loads. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue?
    You have to remove all of the mods, not just some. Then right-click the game in Origin and repair it.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Repairing like you suggest never help anything. I am sad to tell you.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I got the hint to move the cowplant a bit, and now it is working properly.
  • Rooby0110Rooby0110 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @IceyJ said:
    > (Quote)
    > You have to remove all of the mods, not just some. Then right-click the game in Origin and repair it.

Thank you very much!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    You have to remove all of the mods, not just some. Then right-click the game in Origin and repair it.

Repairing game almost never fix any of the bug that already in the game, this feature is only useful if you accidentally deleted one of the game files or using mod that replaced file in The Sims 4 installation folder instead of my documents folder and you need to redownload the original files, i dont believe this feature will fix any bugs. it will fix crash or game unstability issue perhaps, but bugs? i dont think so.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Yes I have the same issue, and none of my saved games will load. No mods. Going to try a repair game now.

—T
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2020

Yes, it does. Just not all the time, nor for every situation. The person I was replying to has a broken CAS menu, so a repair should definitely fix that.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Bug issues with buying restaurants and the customers are stealing everything...this didn't happen the last time I bought a business...this is very irritating and they keep stealing. I even disable eco lifestyle and it's still happening??? Please fix!!!! Just please get rid of the theif trait altogether.
  • btlukebtluke Posts: 5 New Member
    Not sure if it's from the last patch specifically but I also don't remember these things happening as frequently before.
    1. Sims refuse to read anywhere but the edge of the pool in the dead of winter. Plenty of options for them to sit somewhere else. Wont go sit somewhere else while reading after command is given.
    2. Books refuse to go to inventory and now the sims are walking all the way from previously said pool to bookshelf everytime I try to force them to sit somewhere else. I see no "put away" command to cancel.
    3. Sims constantly refusing to shower and sometimes sleep. Hop in for a second and immediately get back out.
    4. Magic sim has the everybody hates Chris curse and will literally get into fights while in the middle of receiving magic training. The training doesn't stop but the fight still takes place. From different rooms even.
    5. What the hell is going on guys?
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Yes I have the same issue, and none of my saved games will load. No mods. Going to try a repair game now.

—T

Ok, so a repair game seemed to fix the issue. If anyone else is having the same problem; try that.

—T
  • SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    lana44 wrote: »
    Bug issues with buying restaurants and the customers are stealing everything...this didn't happen the last time I bought a business...this is very irritating and they keep stealing. I even disable eco lifestyle and it's still happening??? Please fix!!!! Just please get rid of the theif trait altogether.

If your NAPs are disabled then this could actually be NPCs with the Recycle trait. If you take a look in your Manage Households in your game and open up the NPC families, take a look at what traits they have. If they have the Recycle trait you could enter the CAS cheat and replace it with something else. I only noticed this when I played a family that has 2 Sims with recycle trait and they didn't "steal" but instead they insta-recycled the items if they had not recycled in a while and were in a tense mood. Look for little piles of ash on the ground that can be picked up and thrown out.

Knox visited my family in a completely different world then the main ECO lifestyle one and took the dining room table/chairs and computer. He has the 'recycle trait' or at least did in my one game and he 'swiped' it simply due to his trait. In this game my NAPs were disabled.

This compounds the NAP issue as the two working together cause quite the disruption in missing items. So this unfortunately may not be a 'bug' but working as intended. That being said it is a very poorly executed game play concept and needs fixing by eliminating this trait from the available random traits available on NPC creation.

This may not be what is happening in your game, but if it is the cheat in CAS would be temporary work around.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2020
    I can't tell how much I hate it, when all I can do instead of play is trying to fix problems. We had a patch yesterday, and now some of the residental houses have turned into something else, and I can't fix it without moving my poor sims out of their home. Furthermore I feel like being made fun with: Name your cowplant, when most of the plants are working badly, and the cowplant looks like a baby and don't grow back. Will this ever be fixed? And when I put my sims to sleep, they wake up after a short time. They didn't do that last Wednesday.

@Simsister2004 :+1: Thank you! I hate this also. I have been simming around for 20 years and I get mediocre content that has not been playtested, older DLC will never be fixed, all the help I get is from people "who are in no way affiliated and/or working for EA". What the actual fizzing station dudes?! I don't want to name a cowplant, I want a working game for crying out loud. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's been worse recently than before. This summer I have spent about equal amount of time playing and reporting/me-tooing issues on AHQ - which, btw, would be ok if I'd do this for free BUT I AM PAYING actual hard earned MONEY for this (so sorry I have to shout) and that is _not_ OK in any way.

I am so disappointed and sad. I have been for a while. I'm torn. I love this game, but I hate the way it's being treated atm.

//edit. typo.
    Post edited by adduapina on
    origin ID: adduapina