Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About Plantsims. Why they are not Still an Occult in TS4?

Think about it. There nothing but Sims With Different Skin Color and Hair, An Idle Emotion, and almost nothing in Abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97OgHs99L0U

The problem is come lies for me is the wasted Opportunities. I just noticed, We Had Three. 3 Environment Related Themed Expansion Packs (Seasons, Island Living and Eco Lifestyle) in the past three years yet none of them expanded the Plantsim. I think Seasons had one but it was so small that it was forgettable. How could this happen? If they cannot add them in Season Due to Weather, or Island Living due to Ocean Swimming, then Why Skip it on Eco Lifestyle? Personally, I would rather have a Fleshed out Plantsims that has an actual impact to the Eco Footprint or even the lives of the Sims compared to the NAP Feature. Sadly it feels like they would never expand them again :((

Comments

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I have nothing against plantsims and new occults in general, but FOR LOVE OF THE NIGHT - the transformation must differ from one in sims 2. There, sims would transform by interacting with plants too much. I have a big garden and like tending to t. If there are ever pantsims - transformation must be more player controlled.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    We already have plantsims. Get a Magic PlantSim Stump from the Outdoors/Outdoor Activities section of the Buy catalog and fill it with magic beans. You can get the magic beans from Patchy if you have Seasons. You can also get them by using testingCheats on and bb.showHiddenObjects and looking under Dining Room/Misc Decorations. That should work whether you have Seasons or not and it's much faster than collecting them from Patchy.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @TS1299, Plantsims lifestate were introduced as a random spring challenge a couple years ago. Seasons made it easier to get the stump and seeds without cheats. There have already been twitter comments confirming they WILL NOT revisit/improve the lifestate.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,950 Member
    :( I really want them to fix plantsims and give them things to do and things to wear

especially want to grow some plant babies those were always fun

and they could have made them have some unique interaction with mother plant from sv too cause why not
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @TS1299, Plantsims lifestate were introduced as a random spring challenge a couple years ago. Seasons made it easier to get the stump and seeds without cheats. There have already been twitter comments confirming they WILL NOT revisit/improve the lifestate.

That’s a bummer. Wish it wasn’t a temporary effect.

I don’t use them because I play rotational and it would feel so strange to see my sim turned back to normal when I was rotated away.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    We already have plantsims. Get a Magic PlantSim Stump from the Outdoors/Outdoor Activities section of the Buy catalog and fill it with magic beans. You can get the magic beans from Patchy if you have Seasons. You can also get them by using testingCheats on and bb.showHiddenObjects and looking under Dining Room/Misc Decorations. That should work whether you have Seasons or not and it's much faster than collecting them from Patchy.

Sadly that was Temporary and not an Full Occult. They are nothing but special moodlets that last for 5 Days. Clues that they are not Full Occult is that there are even no special plumbub in their head, nor the ability to create clubs filled with plantsims. There are no icons that represents them in CAS and you cannot even edit them in CAS. If you go edit a plantsim, they will turn into human form. Similar to Skeletons that are nothing but visual changes with minor additions. That is plantsims are now. They are not an occult.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    :( I really want them to fix plantsims and give them things to do and things to wear

and they could have made them have some unique interaction with mother plant from sv too cause why not

This. They are the most unique occult for me in the past because of the way they reproduce, now they are almost non existant which is sad.

It is actually the opposite.

They could potentialy expand plantsims in the future but Three Environment Themed Packs in and nothing happened. We Got Two Off The Grid Revamp even tho we only need one (I mean why did they just put the Eco Lifestyle Off The Grid Patch features when Island Living Released?). Yet plantsims are still in TS4 in the dark collecting dust :((. I have a feeling they will turn out to be like ghosts. Sims that are different and looks but only have one or two interactions. I don't want that to happen.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2020
    TS1299 wrote: »

This. They are the most unique occult for me in the past because of the way they reproduce, now they are almost non existant which is sad.

They could potentialy expand plantsims in the future but Three Environment Themed Packs in and nothing happened. We Got Two Off The Grid Revamp even tho we only need one (I mean why did they just put the Eco Lifestyle Off The Grid Patch features when Island Living Released?). Yet plantsims are still in TS4 in the dark collecting dust :((. I have a feeling they will turn out to be like ghosts. Sims that are different and looks but only have one or two interactions. I don't want that to happen.

There were posts from other gurus that said they were not going to revisit plantsims. Those tweets were made after Seasons released, which was in June 2018.

There were posts from other gurus that said they were not going to revisit plantsims. Those tweets were made after Seasons released, which was in June 2018.

If that is the case then it is quite Sad.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

If that is the case then it is quite Sad.

Yeah it is the case. I saw the tweet when a guru said they won't be revisiting Plantsims. It was right before eco lifestyle release.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    its ridiculous they won't redo plantsims. i remember finding out about them for the first time and thinking they were so cool but limited and wanted more out of them.
  • Vitmans39Vitmans39 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="TS1299;c-17586643"][quote="NorthDakotaGamer;c-17586443"][quote="TS1299;c-17586363"][quote="Simmingal;c-17586336"]:( I really want them to fix plantsims and give them things to do and things to wear

and they could have made them have some unique interaction with mother plant from sv too cause why not[/quote]

This. They are the most unique occult for me in the past because of the way they reproduce, now they are almost non existant which is sad. [quote="NorthDakotaGamer;c-17586239"]@TS1299, Plantsims lifestate were introduced as a random spring challenge a couple years ago. Seasons made it easier to get the stump and seeds without cheats. There have already been twitter comments confirming they WILL NOT revisit/improve the lifestate.[/quote]

They could potentialy expand plantsims in the future but Three Environment Themed Packs in and nothing happened. We Got Two Off The Grid Revamp even tho we only need one (I mean why did they just put the Eco Lifestyle Off The Grid Patch features when Island Living Released?). Yet plantsims are still in TS4 in the dark collecting dust :((. I have a feeling they will turn out to be like ghosts. Sims that are different and looks but only have one or two interactions. I don't want that to happen. [/quote]

There were posts from other gurus that said they were not going to revisit plantsims. Those tweets were made after Seasons released, which was in June 2018.[/quote]

If that is the case then it is quite Sad. [/quote]

I still think it may be possible. I’m remember gurus on Twitter saying that there weren’t any “current” plans to revisit them a few years ago. They said the same thing about firemen in the past and we did eventually get them.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I also wish they'd update the life state, at least to make it an option for it to be permanent,

I've come across this annoying thing with them were they have to turn back to human before eating a forbidden fruit and turning into a plant sim again.

It used to be possible that your sims could stay a plant sim indefinitely as long as the ate the fruit every now and then (within 5 days) but now when they eat it (while being a plant sim already) it doesn't reset the timer for when they will turn human, it just gives them the happy moodlet of eating a vegetable.
    So the timer have to run out, they become a human sim, and then they have to turn into a plant sim again.

I don't understand why they don't fix it like it was. It's so annoying having to wait it out to then transform them again every 5 sim days. It seems like a bug that got introduced and they either don't know about it or don't care enough to fix it.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    Plantsims has been my favourite lifestate, ever since they were introduced in The Sims 2 Seasons. They were also the only reason I got University Life for sims 3.
    It's sad if they won't ever become a real lifestate in sims 4. I've never even bothered to make one in sims 4 since they're so poorly made...
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2020
    Think about it. There nothing but Sims With Different Skin Color and Hair, An Idle Emotion, and almost nothing in Abilities.

... Sadly it feels like they would never expand them again :((

Yeah @TS1299 plantsims are one of my favorite occult/lifestate sims and I was disappointed they weren't really fleshed out in TS4.
    I was looking forward to them to. I always played them.

@IObelle don't make one it will break your heart. I agree, I loved them in TS2 and was glad in TS3 they fleshed them out more and it was the only reason I got UNI too.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,123 Member
    I still want playable Plantsims lifestate.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

The problem is come lies for me is the wasted Opportunities. I just noticed, We Had Three. 3 Environment Related Themed Expansion Packs (Seasons, Island Living and Eco Lifestyle) in the past three years yet none of them expanded the Plantsim. I think Seasons had one but it was so small that it was forgettable. How could this happen? If they cannot add them in Season Due to Weather, or Island Living due to Ocean Swimming, then Why Skip it on Eco Lifestyle? Personally, I would rather have a Fleshed out Plantsims that has an actual impact to the Eco Footprint or even the lives of the Sims compared to the NAP Feature. Sadly it feels like they would never expand them again :((

I am not an occult player, but I am sorry for you guys that you didn't get your real plant sims... :( You are so right, they could have easily come with one of the environment related packs (esp. with eco living tbh).

It's the same for everyone except people who like to play single sims collecting stuff and partying: gameplay is lacking severely at this point. It's been 6 years...
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I am not an occult player, but I am sorry for you guys that you didn't get your real plant sims... :( You are so right, they could have easily come with one of the environment related packs (esp. with eco living tbh).

It's the same for everyone except people who like to play single sims collecting stuff and partying: gameplay is lacking severely at this point. It's been 6 years...

Six Years. Only Two are great. And most are filled with non occult but want to be occult creatures such as the skeleton
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Six Years. Only Two are great. And most are filled with non occult but want to be occult creatures such as the skeleton

I totally get it and those two are not great for occult players who are also family players either because children and younger can't do magic or any vampire stuff...
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope they‘ll give more love to plantsims. They had so many more abilities in the past.
    a256aFi.gif