August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Question About Copies of Save Files

BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 182 Member
I recently found the backups of all of the files from my old childhood PC, including my Sims 2 save files.

I really want to play these on my laptop, but I don't want to overwrite my existing save files. How can I safely import my old neighborhoods?

(I'm running Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference, and the old PC was XP.)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 16,983 Member
    edited July 22
    What I do is I will take my current game saves, and place them in another folder in a safe place, then place in the other saves. I am currently playing on a Windows 8.1, but I started playing on an XP as well.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,380 Member
    I second what LaBlue said. It's what I do too. I always have backups of my neighborhoods on my desktop and on a thumb drive and I swap out the ones in my game periodically.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,156 Member
    I think I've read once that you have to edit some code in a file to have the game recognize similar neighborhoods as 2 separate things, but I don't remember where and what you must do.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,156 Member
    Here:
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 132 Member
    You could also just rename your current EA Games folder (I usually put a number behind it or name it something that describes it) and then put the old one in and make sure it just says EA Games. This way, you can have as many game folders as you want and your comp can handle.